Ben Jacobs, make an offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're hardly 'offended' considering we're about to pick him up for exactly what we offered. It's just funny that Port fans refuse to acknowledge that their footy dept ****ed up.

North might not 'win' the deal, Essendon might not 'win', St Kilda might not 'win' but I'll give any Port supporters who don't seem to have grasped this a bit of advice for nothing:

Not taking market price (pick in the 30s or 40s), and ending up instead with PSD pick 4, is not a win - in any way, shape, or form.
It's a fool's position to argue.

I'll give this advice for free:rolleyes:
Port were never going to use a pick that low in this draft so you think it would have been good for use to accept the deal then 'do a crows' by donating the pick pack to the draft - solid idea.........not

We're hardly 'offended' considering we're about to pick him up for exactly what we offered. It's just funny that Port fans refuse to acknowledge that their footy dept screwed up.

Then be happy and move on, sounds like a good deal was done (or is that a good deal wasn't done:))

Port were never going to use a pick that low in this draft so you think it would have been good for use to accept the deal then 'do a crows' by donating the pick pack to the draft - solid idea.........not

Pick 37 > PSD selection. How is this even a debate?

You turned down the deal because you thought you could keep him. I daresay Port's list of preferences would've been:

a) keep Jacobs
b) pick 37
c) pick 81/PSD

We're hardly 'offended' considering we're about to pick him up for exactly what we offered. It's just funny that Port fans refuse to acknowledge that their footy dept screwed up.

Is there anybody above the age of 9 that actually uses that term?

Port have shot themselves in the foot badly on this one, all because Hinkley and co wanted to show the supporters how "tough" they were.

It's beyond moronic, and now they will pay the price with more public humiliation..

News flash: you are now.
A tenuous decision at the time, and anyone still arguing it was the right decision, is arguing a fool's position.

Pick 37 > PSD selection. How is this even a debate?

You turned down the deal because you thought you could keep him. I daresay Port's list of preferences would've been:
1) Sack Rohde
2) Keep Rohde because we can't afford anyone else, and crucify a steady procession of coaches by giving them awful lists to work with
Fixed.

The way I see it is that everyone won out of this except for Port however Port did not lose that badly. There is no need for all these North supporters to berate the Port supporters on what they should have done and how they will deeply regret their decision.

An argument could be made that North lost as well if they don't get Jacobs but something tells me they won't give a s**t.

We are using picks 7, 29 and 30. 37 would not have been used.

Pigs. Arse.

Recent pick 37's (8 of the last 11)

George Horlin-Smith - 2011
Jamie MacMillan - 2010
Zac Clarke - 2009
Scott Thompson - 2007
Todd Goldstein - 2006
Mark Le Cras - 2004
Brent Staker - 2002
Leigh Montagna - 2001

These players would push at least 4 players off Ports list.

Pigs. Arse.

Jamie MacMillan - 2010
Zac Clarke - 2009
Scott Thompson - 2007
Todd Goldstein - 2006
Mark Le Cras - 2004
Brent Staker - 2002
Leigh Montagna - 2001

This has no relevance at all as to whats available at 37 this year or any future years.

Pigs. Arse.

Jamie MacMillan - 2010
Zac Clarke - 2009
Scott Thompson - 2007
Todd Goldstein - 2006
Mark Le Cras - 2004
Brent Staker - 2002
Leigh Montagna - 2001

Which doesn't even freakin' matter, now that they will be going to the PSD.

This is the same as Essendon with Houli, presumably we had some grand plan for not accepting pick 40-something and forcing Richmond to use their PSD pick on him (a minor gain, not one worth worrying about), but you'd have to say in hindsight we should've taken the pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pigs. Arse.

Jamie MacMillan - 2010
Zac Clarke - 2009
Scott Thompson - 2007
Todd Goldstein - 2006
Mark Le Cras - 2004
Brent Staker - 2002
Leigh Montagna - 2001

Port have confirmed they are saving a pick for the PSD (probably Liam Jurrah or Hayden Jolly). This leaves us with 3 live picks in the draft. Can you not understand that our first 3 picks are BEFORE pick 37?

It's used by people mostly above the age of 29 as an alternative to the word "bullshit"

Care to address the value of the pick and extrapolate how Port would overlook it's use in favor of some 50 buck rookie elevations?
Care to tell me exactly who Port would have used on pick 37 this year?

Port have confirmed they are saving a pick for the PSD (probably Liam Jurrah or Hayden Jolly). This leaves us with 3 live picks in the draft. Can you not understand that our first 3 picks are BEFORE pick 37?

Can you not understand that pick 37 is better than a PSD selection?

This is very ingenuous.

Port can fashion their list however they choose. This is not some late occurrence they have encountered due to being locked in to some position.

Yep, we made a choice and time will tell if it was a prudent decision.

I think pick 37 and a PSD pick are both better than Cam Hitchcock and Tom Logan, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back