Traded Jacob Koschitzke [Traded to Richmond for #49]

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite part of trade week is where group think is the real arbiter of value.

It's like when I sold my house and decided to let a bunch of randoms on the internet decide the value, rather than figuring it out myself.

Actually, a group of random people looking on the internet do decide on the value of your house, probably on realestate.com or domain.

You 'figuring it out' only applies to the minimum price you are willing to depart with said home, not the value itself.

Chol is worth more than Kozzie, so Hawks are going to need to chip in the difference.

I expect Hawthorn know that. But they started quite a way apart (as the negotiations often do). Hawthorn didn't have anything to satisfy GC. Our F2 (i.e. early 20's pick) everyone would agree is too high a price for Chol. As such, they've tried to get something of value from Richmond that would go most of the way to satisfying GC. I'm sure they would have been prepared to throw in another late pick or equivalent as a sweetener on top.

By the end a deal will be done and it will be mostly fair - with I suspect GC receiving a little more than what Hawthorn did for Kozi. People keep forgetting that negotiations nearly always go this way - and it is further complicated by the fact that GC probably don't value mid range picks as highly as other clubs as they so often have access to multiple early selections (that other clubs don't often have).

Why don’t you talk about Chol in the Chol thread?

Because talking about the Chol trade brings into question your premise that trade value should be determine by the length of contract being offered by the buyer.

Why does this apply when you are the seller and not the buyer ? Seems perfectly relevant to me.

That seems fair enough, I wonder whats holding it up.

I'd say it suggests it is pretty close now.

Certainly a fair request - given the equivalent this year (based on Richmond's finishing position) is pick 50. Given Richmond were bottom 6, next year's pick could be even later than that.

Obviously future picks also suit both clubs - with Hawthorn's picks this year getting absorbed by matching bids, GC the same (and being flush with picks) and Richmond having a 'light hand' this year.

Because talking about the Chol trade brings into question your premise that trade value should be determine by the length of contract being offered by the buyer.

Why does this apply when you are the seller and not the buyer ? Seems perfectly relevant to me.
Why does it? I’ve not mentioned Chol’s value at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't have to specifically mention something for someone to call out why your logic doesn't apply in that situation.
That’s is one of the stupidest posts I’ve read on Bigfooty in all my years.

Future third is what? Between 40-45? I know there's whiskers so it's not linear as it should be, but that's actually a fair result for mine. Need both clubs to move on .

It would be best for Hawthorn to not trade with Richmond, who have acted bad faith throughout this whole process; offering a pick in the 60s is just insulting. Withdraw from the Chol debacle with the GC and re-negotiate a longer and higher $ for Koschitzke.

I've always believed that Koschitzke is a superior player to Chol, so see this as an outcome that would be in Hawthorn's best interests.

It would be best for Hawthorn to not trade with Richmond, who have acted bad faith throughout this whole process; offering a pick in the 60s is just insulting. Withdraw from the Chol debacle with the GC and re-negotiate a longer and higher $ for Koschitzke.

I've always believed that Koschitzke is a superior player to Chol, so see this as an outcome that would be in Hawthorn's best interests.
If we don’t get kosi I won’t be fussed.

But he’s uncontracted so if the club really want him they will find a way through the draft with a late draft pick or the hawks will eventually goodwill delist him and we will pick him up as a DFA.

Hawks don’t seem to rate him, but if they did offer him a 2-3 year contract he’d have to consider it. In saying that, when an employer matches a contract only after you have a new one from another employer, motivation to stay is usually quite low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back