Recommitted Ben King [contracted and staying at Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben kicked 47 goals for a struggling GC side, numbers speak for themselves.

Ben did not miss close to two years of football unlike Max.

Max first half of this year

10 games - 13 goals

Second half of the year

10 games - 25 goals

Bens last 10 games - 15 goals

Just wait till Max hits the 50 game plus mark. By 2023 he will be unstoppable in the air.

I watched Max King live when we played the saints and I watched Ben King live when we played the suns.

We obviously had our way with both teams and it was pretty difficult to notice much of a difference between the two. Ben King is probably slightly ahead but he should be as he's played more football.

Ben kicked 47 goals for a struggling GC side, numbers speak for themselves.
The main difference between them this year was the yips Max had in the first half of the season.

Max played 2 less games but only finished with 3 less scoring shots overall while having more score involvements and double the goal assists.

Then deciding who you would prefer just comes down to while style of forward you want. Both finished with 90 marks for the season, but Max doubled Ben's contested marks (48 vs 24) while Ben gets more of his from leads (30 vs 18).

Reckon Bing would be a good get for the saints in next years offseason, but i can definitely see he going to a separate Victorian club on bigger money.
I don't think he would be in his brother's shadow however if he came to St Kilda, maybe by the media but St Kilda fans would see the value of both if he came.
They would compliment each other quite well and could possibly push Membrey onto a wing replacing someone like McKenzie which can help some of our weaknesses. Especially cause this offseason is where we are addressing the midfield through the draft with a couple NGA's and a top pick to get some class. Get another starting key back and (hopefully) St Kilda are more rounded allowing for a bigger pursuit of Bing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ben’s potential is unbelievable.
As mentioned he hasn’t established himself as a contested marker and hasn’t ‘dominated games’ but still manages to kick 47 goals in a bottom 3 team that was 17th for scoring.

As he continues to mature it’s pretty easy to see him improving his contested marking and being able to kick goals in many different ways.

This year he had a few inconsistent patches and appeared to get a bit tired toward the end. When he is solely shouldering the old you can understand why.

If we can get some front up help that we are looking for I can see him kicking 55 in 2022 with an 80+ ceiling a few years down the track.

I haven’t seen as much of max. He is already a good contested mark. Aside from goal kicking accuracy, where is his improvement going to come from?

Five year contract the ask would be 5 top ten picks. So yeah it’s basically a fairy tale.
It would be silly to leave the next 2 years but if Saints aren't genuine contenders after that his management would be looking only natural.

I think Ben’s potential is unbelievable.
As mentioned he hasn’t established himself as a contested marker and hasn’t ‘dominated games’ but still manages to kick 47 goals in a bottom 3 team that was 17th for scoring.

As he continues to mature it’s pretty easy to see him improving his contested marking and being able to kick goals in many different ways.

This year he had a few inconsistent patches and appeared to get a bit tired toward the end. When he is solely shouldering the old you can understand why.

If we can get some front up help that we are looking for I can see him kicking 55 in 2022 with an 80+ ceiling a few years down the track.

I haven’t seen as much of max. He is already a good contested mark. Aside from goal kicking accuracy, where is his improvement going to come from?
As you seem to be aware, he is an identical twin of Ben King and as such shares a lot of special traits. It would probably be easiest if you just think about your optimism for Ben and just assume it is exactly the same with Max.

As you seem to be aware, he is an identical twin of Ben King and as such shares a lot of special traits. It would probably be easiest if you just think about your optimism for Ben and just assume it is exactly the same with Max.
But we know they have somewhat different strengths now.

look forwardto Max’s sudden burst of speed.

It can’t be assumed that the gap will be made up in their contested marking, just like it can’t be assumed the gap will be made up in their leading game.
I never assumed Ben king would reach max kings level of marking but purely said that he would improve as he matured.

my initial post was a genuine question for saints fans as I haven’t seen much of max.

I have an idea of how Ben could reach superstar forward as I’ve seen him play a lot. I don’t know how that looks for max, purely as I haven’t seen him as much,

Where do you see his improvement coming?
Seem like the guy who will just be a dominant aerially, or has he shown glimpses of other attributes - eg does he have scope to be a inside f50 ruckman ala Hawkins, can he just play close to goals or also get up the ground. Is he dangerous with ball on ground or goes out of the game a bit?

All genuine questions. Not trying to make it a pissing contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back