• Bennell

Votes: 58 29.7%
  • Dixon

Votes: 137 70.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do remember that Matin had 2 years ago shopped himself around other clubs and nobody was interested. So something about him smells.

I hope you guys do get Dixon but not Bennell. He is such a risk, and for a team that will be very much in with a chance to win a grand final do you teally need that?

I also think, leaving football out of it, having Williams as a mentor seems to be a good move for Bennell in his life.

Looks like that one now blocked too....what was written though is that Richmond hasn't given much detail, and that, as mentions above, he missed a medical appointment.

Probably points to the fact that he probably had no interest in joining the Tigers anyway, just wanted to catch up with his mate Dusty perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks down to going to WA and going bad via back with old mates or coming to Port on less. Freo and West Coast after finals failures will be desperate enough to throw enough money his way to tip one of them ahead IMO. Freo with the age profile of their list I'd tip would offer the most, in a last ditch Lyon attempt at a flag before he leaves another club devoid of much young developed talent.

Apparently Richmond still tried to contact him when he didn't lob up to the medical. I guess when you have a big night out you often miss some of those calls and messages the next day while you are in recovery mode.

Or maybe, he is serious about getting his life/career back on track and he can see that he has a better chance of doing that with us with Kenny and our leadership group than with his mate Dusty at Richmond. Or am I just being naive? ;)

I reckon Kenny's the only coach that could get this guy back on track. Hell, Ashcroft actively sought to contact Ken mid-year about Bennell's troubles.

If we can get him for a song, he is definitely worth the risk. With our indigenous program, and Kenny's history with him, it's gotta be his best chance to get his life back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back