• 45: Tylar Young

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 46: Ben Miller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 25 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are worse-placed for the future now than during the Terry Wallace era. Time to fire up the 2017/19/20 blu rays!

sad leave me alone GIF by Laff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in that awkward early transition phase.
This year is showing signs that a handful of our premiership era stars have gone on too long but there is a vacuum between those guys and the next generation, there's no middle tier at the moment.

Our discipline on field, and how we really do switch off and do silly thing, it does at least raise the question, has Hardwick lost the group? Is it time to plan the next era, which is beyond Hardwick? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. There's a small hint of Sheedy's last years at Essendon in the air here. Players look disinterested, and/or lost.

I'm actually still bullish. That last quarter wasn't indicative of the game, Sydney started taking pot shot risks, it payed off and then they had their tails up / we gave up and the margin blew out.
Those young guys are gonna be better off with more gametime in them, they aren't gonna keep making all those dumb d50 turnovers, and that's the game right there, even considering how well Papley played.

We've got solid proof now that we're now just a very, very average football side. I really enjoyed our dominant era as we all did, so maybe we're spoilt, but I do think it also makes it harder to stomach bad performances like this season has thrown up.

The alternate is to be an Essendon, Carlton or others and go back to being ordinary for a long long long time. I know I don't want that.

I think we need to stay the course with the kids, feel the short term pain and retire our legends, and load up again for another tilt in 3 years or so.

trade out tarranto and hopper for the best we can get

get a new coach that wants to do a proper rebuild (dimma said the day we need a rebuild is the day he will give it away)

retire chimp, jack , grimes and dusty

remove the stupid double captaincy bullshite... whos farreken idea was that

Back