• 45: Tylar Young

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 46: Ben Miller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 25 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Dow isn't getting a call up going by the VFL report. Just about first delisted IMO

Dow came back from Injury the week before

his numbers were good, attitude good…was solid as the report says

He was close to getting a game before being injured

Thomson Dow (20 disposals, five marks, four clearances)

"I thought he had a solid game without standing out. He was one of very few experienced players out on the grand from an AFL point of view, and I thought he approached the game with a fantastic attitude. He was a part of a midfield that was really able to respond from last week."

Cotchin brings no value as a sub
He was decent the week before. I'd prefer to be pumping full games into the kids. When it's a hard slog through winter you want cotchin there.
Dow came back from Injury the week before

his numbers were good, attitude good…was solid as the report says

He was close to getting a game before being injured

Thomson Dow (20 disposals, five marks, four clearances)

"I thought he had a solid game without standing out. He was one of very few experienced players out on the grand from an AFL point of view, and I thought he approached the game with a fantastic attitude. He was a part of a midfield that was really able to respond from last week."
Hes a solid vfl player. A skinny inside mid that can't kick and can't get any outside ball. He's a bust without doubt. Was a s**t pick at the time and still is.

_RT_ did you wanna do a preview thread this week? You've done a couple of big write ups that didn't make it as threads this year.
Doing one now.

Edit: Will have one up by 5pm tomorrow night. Unfortunately something has come up that I can't get it done tonight.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect that the AFL & SHocking, really wanted to limit the number of free kicks in a game, hoping that that would increase scoring. The rule changes made the rules deliberately less clear and requiring more interpretation. This way the umpires could pay less free while it became harder to say the umpire is right or wrong. Remember when the AFL changed the rule to stop hands in the back. Everyone got used to it and it was clear. Now they change rule back to allowing hands in the back "sometimes".
I actually feel sorry for the umpires trying to umpire a difficult game, with vague rules, and trying to instantly interpret whether a free kick is severe enough to earn a free or mild enough to ignore. It's impossible. The inconsistency annoys the hell out of me, but we should be yelling at the ALF not the umpires. The AFL pretend to support the umpires, but I believe that the AFL is happy to let the umpires cop the fan backlash as long as the scoring is reasonable high and there are plenty of add breaks for the broadcaster.
I kinda think it's the opposite. Pay more free kicks and more 50m penalties = more goals. More goals = more advertising revenue for the league. $$ has been the one consistent under Gilligan's reign.

Melbourne work hard to stop the switch knowing that Max will win or at least neutralise the long kick down the line. For Miller to compete we need to ball to be kick long and low and for Miller to get to the front of the pack. If we kick it high down the line, we are stuffed
Gawn will kill Miller if he plays in front of him. Miller hasn't got enough mongrel to push and shove and jostle Gawn off the ball, and Gawn is very good in that respect. Reckon Miller plays him from behind and plays a backman's role on him spoiling the high ball. Just follow him around try to bring the ball to ground, then maybe use his speed to get off him.

Just need to bring in Vickery to do a clumsy whack to the face of Gawn and Grundy, and maybe Oliver and Petracca while he is at it.

Also, until we lodge paperwork what would stop us playing Castagna as a sniper, other than common decency. Could come in for a game knock out a few players with bad tackles and then we sub him.

Just need to bring in Vickery to do a clumsy whack to the face of Gawn and Grundy, and maybe Oliver and Petracca while he is at it.

Also, until we lodge paperwork what would stop us playing Castagna as a sniper, other than common decency. Could come in for a game knock out a few players with bad tackles and then we sub him.
#ChrisScottlikesthis

For some reason I thought he copped 3.

He did but then they considered his history….

… no I’m not talking about his history in relation to reports which used to be a key consideration in sentencing. No the AFL remembered his grand final antics and the fact he is a 3 x premiership player for Richmond and it was settled. They would have increased it to 6 weeks but they were worried how they wouldn’t be able to convince the public when protected players get off with no suspension for the same tackle.

Give Pickett a run in the guts, reads the play so well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agreed. We lack speed in the guts outside of Shai.

He looked great forward of centre also, so can rest forward alternating with Shai if needed.

George could use his tattoo gun...
Channel these guys

Back