Analysis Best Traded Team vs Best Drafted Team

Remove this Banner Ad

The traded in team probably shades the draft in backline quality and on the wings but it's going to get belted in the stoppages.

In terms of the wings I think the drafted team still wins; IMO Stephen Hill is still the best wkngman we have ever had, with the next group having Heath Black (who can be in both teams), Brad Hill (Traded only), Langdon (Drafted only) and James Aish (in the traded in team only). Given this is all hypothetical I have thrown Morabito into the mix because at his peak he would have been a great modern wingman.

With respect to defence I do agree with you there, predominantly because the key talls we have brought in (Chiefly McPharlin, but also Tarrant, Croad but even Dawson and Hamling) have been greater than that which we have drafted. Although I am willing to project that Cox could feature as second best after McPharlin and Alex Pearce will be thereabouts as well as our best lockdown key back. Another player that is looking ominous for the traded team is Jordan Clark; IMO he is arguably our MVP for this year and should be at least considered for the All Australian squad if not this year then maybe next if he maintains his current pace.

In terms of the wings I think the drafted team still wins; IMO Stephen Hill is still the best wkngman we have ever had, with the next group having Heath Black (who can be in both teams), Brad Hill (Traded only), Langdon (Drafted only) and James Aish (in the traded in team only). Given this is all hypothetical I have thrown Morabito into the mix because at his peak he would have been a great modern wingman.

With respect to defence I do agree with you there, predominantly because the key talls we have brought in (Chiefly McPharlin, but also Tarrant, Croad but even Dawson and Hamling) have been greater than that which we have drafted. Although I am willing to project that Cox could feature as second best after McPharlin and Alex Pearce will be thereabouts as well as our best lockdown key back. Another player that is looking ominous for the traded team is Jordan Clark; IMO he is arguably our MVP for this year and should be at least considered for the All Australian squad if not this year then maybe next if he maintains his current pace.
I dunno does Hilly count as a great winger in a pure sense? Back third of his career he was a half back and his best footy was as a wierd wing / inside mid hybrid Roscoe invented for him so he could lose his tag.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back