Interested to know who people's best 22's are now

Ryan Pearce Young
Clark Cox Chapman
Aish Serong Johnson
Frederick Amiss Fyfe
Walters Jackson Schultz

Darcy Brayshaw Brodie

Switta O'Driscoll* Walker JOM

Disclaimer that he needs to be actually fit...

Fyfe is in purely on past form from seasons ago

I don't think we should be playing Brodie and JOM in the same side let alone Fyfe. Makes us too slow.

Interested in peoples thoughts of pushing Young into the midfield. He plays similar to Jordon Dawson when he was down back. Dawson is now now one of the best midfielders in the game. Maybe train with the kids next preseason.

My 22 with Young in the mid!

Walker Moose Ryan
Clarke Cox Chappy
Nod Brodie Young
Freddy Jackson Switta
Shoota Amiss Walters
Darcy Bradshaw Serong

Johno, NOD, Aish, Sturt sub JOM/Fyfe (going for speed -if one of these to come in it would be for Brodie/Sturt)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think we should be playing Brodie and JOM in the same side let alone Fyfe. Makes us too slow.

Interested in peoples thoughts of pushing Young into the midfield. He plays similar to Jordon Dawson when he was down back. Dawson is now now one of the best midfielders in the game. Maybe train with the kids next preseason.

Walker Moose Ryan
Clarke Cox Chappy
Nod Brodie Young
Freddy Jackson Switta
Shoota Amiss Walters
Darcy Bradshaw Serong

Johno, NOD, Aish, Sturt sub JOM/Fyfe (going for speed -if one of these to come in it would be for Brodie/Sturt)

This x2

I'd have JOM slightly ahead of Fyfe

Fyfe is arguably our best player of all time but he has a way to go to be best 22 on current form

Interested to know who people's best 22's are now

Ryan Pearce Young
Clark Cox Chapman
Aish Serong Johnson
Frederick Amiss Fyfe
Walters Jackson Schultz

Darcy Brayshaw Brodie

Switta O'Driscoll* Walker JOM

Disclaimer that he needs to be actually fit...

End of Preseason Games Team (main changes from end of 2022 team was bringing in Henry as third winger and leaving out Amiss as it was too tall in the forward line with Fyfe playing as the deepest key position forward):
Backline: Cox, Pearce, Clark, Young, Chapman, Ryan, Walker
Wings: Aish, O'Driscoll, Henry
Midfielders: Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie, O'Meara
Ruck: Darcy
Forwardline: Walters, Frederick, Jackson, Taberner, Fyfe, Shultz, Switkowski

Current Best 2022
Backline: No Change
Wings: Hughes for Henry
Midfielders: No change
Ruck: No change
Forward line: Amiss for Taberner

There are currently three major question marks (which are all somewhat linked):

• For mine it is still a close tie behind Aish for the second and third wing positions, but I think at this very point in time Hughes is one and O'Driscoll on last year's efforts for now is the third slightly over Henry. The other option is to "drop" a wing position for a midfield position (so down to 2 wingers instead of three, like we had on the weekend) and have a mixture of O'Meara and Johnson gap fill the third role, but I am conscious that the selection team didn't like the results of that this weekend so are likely to return to three dedicated wingers. Next year, if Draper continues to make strides, then I can finally see an argument to maybe move Chapman up as another contender for the Wing, but he also needs to get himself fit and to the required running level.
  • Fyfe's role in the forward line, which clearly was going to be the role that they currently have Amiss playing, and for whom I previously swapped out after the preseason games. I am back on the Amiss is the first choice bandwagon, but I still have confidence based upon Fyfe's preseason form that the first game of the season was just a slight aberration and that he might be able to play a variety of forward roles, but I think there is still the dilemma that those two are competing for the deepest forward line role, and that if Amiss is not playing that role then others like Sturt, Johnson, Banfield will come into the conversation if he is playing a higher forward position. Despite all the discussion in the list management thread about needing another tall forward, I think we look better with Jackson plus another key tall (Amiss or Fyfe), one or two fast medium talls and the rest fast smalls, with at least one of the last two groups having some players that can rotate into the midfield (Switkowski, Johnson, maybe Fyfe or O'Meara).
  • I think Johnson has proven that he is in the frame to push out one of Brodie or O'Meara for a permanent centre midfield rotation if they don't perform (or fill in for Switkowski when he inevitably gets another long term injury again).

Walker Moose Ryan
Clarke Cox Chappy
Nod Brodie Young
Freddy Jackson Switta
Shoota Amiss Walters
Darcy Bradshaw Serong

Pushing one of the HB’s is too visionary for our lot.
Fyfe has now become Tab light, even if plays okay forward he is
holding back a genuine medium tall and long term?
There is also the issue of halving his pay and how that will play out?
Freo’s issues this year is finding more pace and physicality.
Pace is just not leg speed but of mind and directive.

Pushing one of the HB’s is too visionary for our lot.
Fyfe has now become Tab light, even if plays okay forward he is
holding back a genuine medium tall and long term?
There is also the issue of halving his pay and how that will play out?
Freo’s issues this year is finding more pace and physicality.
Pace is just not leg speed but of mind and directive.

Next contract he needs a massive cut as he doesn't play anyway

Invest in players who.are the future or snare a free agent or players wanting to return home.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Cox Young
O'Driscoll Brayshaw Chapman
Fyfe Jackson Frederick
Walters Amiss Schultz

Darcy Serong O'Meara
Brodie Switta Aish Sturt

Sub: Johnson

Rotates Half Forward/Inside
Rotates Wing/Inside
Rotates Wing/Defence
Rotates Wing/Defence/Inside

Premiership Team

B. Young Davies Walker
HB. Clark Cox Chapman
C. NOD Erasmus Johnson
HF. Switta Jackson Schultz
F. Treacy Amiss Fredrick

R. Darcy Brayshaw Serong

I. Aish Worner Knobel Sturt

Yeah, that's a s**t post! That's not going to happen!!!

I'm now thinking...

B. Young ???? Walker
HB. Clark Cox Chapman
C. NOD Erasmus Johnson
HF. ???? Jackson Sturt
F. ???? Amiss Fredrick

R. Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Int. Schultz Switta ???? ????

I'm sure some of the holes can be filled as the year goes on, and then in the off season. Draper, Knobel, Treacy, Worner, and perhaps even Williams can put their hands up and grab a spot.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a s**t post! That's not going to happen!!!

I'm now thinking...

B. You
Wagner Hamling Wilson
HB. Clark Cox Walker
C. Young Erasmus Chapman
HF. Corbett Jackson Sturt
F. Switta Amiss Fredrick

R. Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Int. Johnson Noddy Worner Brodie

I don’t know about Worner but meh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Pearce Walker
Young Cox Clarke
Noddy Serong Aish
Freddy Treacy Jackson
Walters Amiss Shoota

Darcy Brayshaw Johnson

Erasmus Switta JOM Fyfe

Notes: - If Johnno comes in for Banfield I legitimately think we are playing our best 22. Bloody tough on Banfield (who has been good) but I'd favour winning the ball at the clearance (Erasmus and Johnno) over providing a marking option on the lead (Banners).
  • How many of you had Jacko, Amiss and Treacy all as Best 22 in the forward line at the start of the year? Amiss and Treacy just have to stay in now - regardless of Taberner's fitness. We need them playing 30 games together.
  • Chappy probably comes in for Hughes when fit.

Last edited:
Ryan Pearce Walker
Young Cox Clarke
Noddy Serong Aish
Freddy Treacy Jackson
Walters Amiss Shoota

Darcy Brayshaw Johnson

Erasmus Switta Hughes Fyfe

Notes: - If Johnno comes in for Banfield I legitimately think we are playing our best 22. Bloody tough on Banfield (who has been good) but I'd favour winning the ball at the clearance (Erasmus and Johnno) over providing a marking option on the lead (Banners).
  • How many of you had Jacko, Amiss and Treacy all as Best 22 in the forward line at the start of the year? Amiss and Treacy just have to stay in now - regardless of Taberner's fitness. We need them playing 30 games together.
  • Chappy probably comes in for Hughes when fit.
JOM?

Was last week's team the first ever in the history of the Dockers where we actually fielded our current best 22?
There is every reason to think in time Chapman will be better than Hughes, Sturt better than Banfield, and Erasmus better than Aish or O Meara, but as it currently stands, I would not have fielded any other player on our list than the 22 that ran out last week.
Pretty incredible and credit must go to the Strength and Conditioning team.

Was last week's team the first ever in the history of the Dockers where we actually fielded our current best 22?
There is every reason to think in time Chapman will be better than Hughes, Sturt better than Banfield, and Erasmus better than Aish or O Meara, but as it currently stands, I would not have fielded any other player on our list than the 22 that ran out last week.
Pretty incredible and credit must go to the Strength and Conditioning team.

Its a good call.

Chapman is in front of Hughes if both are fit but certainly extremely close and even then I'd say its the closest we've ever got to playing our best 22 in our history.

Pissing Webber off was one of the best things we ever did and it still amazes me how it took so long for it to happen. He obviously had allies in Lyon and or Rosich!

I do think from what I’ve seen this season Hughes has performed better as a defender than Chappy. Ofc Chappy at a disadvantage by only playing when the mids were getting smashed every week but it’s very close between the two atm.

I do think from what I’ve seen this season Hughes has performed better as a defender than Chappy. Ofc Chappy at a disadvantage by only playing when the mids were getting smashed every week but it’s very close between the two atm.
Chappy hasn't looked great this year, but if he can get fit and some sort of form together I struggle to see where Hughes is ahead of him.
And I like Hughes, it's just Chappy does most things better.

Treacy and Amiss are both high IQ forwards and you can see a world of difference in the way they lead, block and make space for each other in the fwd line.

Compare this with Tabs who always seems to be getting in the way. I've had a soft spot for Tabs over the years but I hope he is now seen as a Peel backup rather than automatic best 22

Treacy and Amiss are both high IQ forwards and you can see a world of difference in the way they lead, block and make space for each other in the fwd line.

Compare this with Tabs who always seems to be getting in the way. I've had a soft spot for Tabs over the years but I hope he is now seen as a Peel backup rather than automatic best 22
Yeah I don’t want to pile on the guy but it’s not a coincidence our forwardline looks the best it has in like 8 years with these two in it rather than him (low footy IQ) and/or Lobb (selfish).

The people who have always bemoaned Tabs footy smarts are pretty vindicated right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back