List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup, he's the one for me. Doesn't get the same hype as others because of the #VICBIAS.

Would take him over the Kings

Vic Bias ? Hardly, he has had 2 good years ox footy wrecked by injury (not his fault obviously) and currently playing for the worst/least talented team since Fitzroy 96.

He is a gun no doubt, but I don't think he is being underrated for the reasons you think tbh.

I think he is better than Max King but not Ben myself.

Vic Bias ? Hardly, he has had 2 good years ox footy wrecked by injury (not his fault obviously) and currently playing for the worst/least talented team since Fitzroy 96.

He is a gun no doubt, but I don't think he is being underrated for the reasons you think tbh.

I think he is better than Max King but not Ben myself.

Both Kings have also been very injury interrupted over the past two seasons, yet they still get put at the top of these lists.

Playing at a club that has won something like 2 or 3 games in their last 35 makes it even more impressive for him to be doing what he's doing.

The fact he doesn't even make these conversations is why I called Vic bias. There's definitely an argument for Ben over Oscar etc. but they're all in the same territory for me, yet two get talked about ad-nauseum and one gets forgotten.

Both Kings have also been very injury interrupted over the past two seasons, yet they still get put at the top of these lists.

Playing at a club that has won something like 2 or 3 games in their last 35 makes it even more impressive for him to be doing what he's doing.

The fact he doesn't even make these conversations is why I called Vic bias. There's definitely an argument for Ben over Oscar etc. but they're all in the same territory for me, yet two get talked about ad-nauseum and one gets forgotten.
It's easy to call Vic Bias instead of looking at the output of all 3 for their careers so far. While I know Allen was playing behind JJK compared to the Kings being the main forward, taking on the responsibility of being the number 1 at 19/20 would also contribute to them being talked about more.

Just looking at goal tallies, this will be the first year Allen will kick over 30 goals a season. Ben did it in 2021 and on track to do it again while Max has done it in 2/3 seasons he's played and still a chance to do it this year despite missing the first 9 games.

It's easy to call Vic Bias instead of looking at the output of all 3 for their careers so far. While I know Allen was playing behind JJK compared to the Kings being the main forward, taking on the responsibility of being the number 1 at 19/20 would also contribute to them being talked about more.

Just looking at goal tallies, this will be the first year Allen will kick over 30 goals a season. Ben did it in 2021 and on track to do it again while Max has done it in 2/3 seasons he's played and still a chance to do it this year despite missing the first 9 games.
allen has played all over the ground though correct me if im wrong? not a super fair comparison

allen has played all over the ground though correct me if im wrong? not a super fair comparison
It's not as if he was playing full seasons in defence.

It's year 6 and he is starting to match what each King were producing in their 2nd/3rd year. That would be the main reason why the Kings are generally rated higher as young key forward prospects.

Lol, talk about an inferiority complex, can we get you a Kleenex!? 😭

Do a search for “Allen” in this thread.

There are literally over 10 PAGES of posts regarding Oscar.

That’s an extraordinary amount of talk about a guy you claim “doesn’t even make these conversations” and is “forgotten”. 😄

Going early (and biased) but jye amiss is like a young Matthew Lloyd. Good hands, good forward craft, deceptively strong and accurate left foot. Getting the better of jake lever as a 19 year old is bloody impressive.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Allen was young he was talked about in this thread. He's also played all over the field so far and has yet to kick a large number of goals in a season.

It's not as if he was playing full seasons in defence.

It's year 6 and he is starting to match what each King were producing in their 2nd/3rd year. That would be the main reason why the Kings are generally rated higher as young key forward prospects.
He played as fwd ruck mostly between 2019-2021 and had to play behind kennedy and Darling. Obviously he isn’t gonna have a huge goal tally

If Max King can stay fit I think we will see what he is really capable of over the next couple of years. He's had a shocking run - missed most of his pre-draft season, missed entire first year at AFL level and obviously first 9 game this year.

Has now kicked 82 goals in his last 31 games, has put on weight and looks more confident kicking for goal. If he gets a run at it I think he could do anything.

He played as fwd ruck mostly between 2019-2021 and had to play behind kennedy and Darling. Obviously he isn’t gonna have a huge goal tally
So that should explain why the two younger key forwards who have been the main target since day 1 at their clubs and been kicking more goals feature more prominently in these discussions than Allen has.

If Max King can stay fit I think we will see what he is really capable of over the next couple of years. He's had a shocking run - missed most of his pre-draft season, missed entire first year at AFL level and obviously first 9 game this year.

Has now kicked 82 goals in his last 31 games, has put on weight and looks more confident kicking for goal. If he gets a run at it I think he could do anything.

Not bad at all, hopefully we see him play the next 200 games injury free

Everything going right he's going to be a nightmare match up for most clubs

Good start, though still early days. The challenge will be when teams wake up and start paying him more respect and plan to shut him down etc.
Always someone trying to s**t on your parade!
He’s 19 our leading goal kicker.
Just like there’s scope for oppo tactics there’s massive scope to improve his game!
He hasn’t even played 20 games yet.

So that should explain why the two younger key forwards who have been the main target since day 1 at their clubs and been kicking more goals feature more prominently in these discussions than Allen has.
Yes, but it also explains why someone may think he's going to be better than many discussed. Team balance and structure doesn't mean a player is less good. Some are able to see beyond that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back