Rumour Betting Investigation on 2 fremantle games

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm 2 games?

One of them would have to be the Saints game, obviously. The only other one I can think of is the North game. Maybe the Carlton game, where they really should've lost if not for Wood.

Wow this will rival the Essendon drugs scandal if there is anything to this. If any players were fixing they should be banned for life

The saints game was unbelievable, the part about them being 'up' for Lenny Hayes is a pretty thin excuse, maybe it would give them a small boost for the first 15 minutes but the way freo just totally layed down is sus as hell. If that were a real reason then we wouldn't see so many teams lose when a club champion is playing their 300th game or whatever

Yep, all 22 of them involved in the saints game were in on it. :rolleyes:

Surely it would have to be related to a small margin game, or something more specific like first goal kicker, exact margin etc

Betting on 2 fremantle games and the Rising star is being investigated.

On 3aw tonight,.

Actually a month ago there were callers ringing our local radio station 6pr saying they heard rumours Fremantle wanted some games investigated for umpiring. Perhaps this could be what they are talking about?

Fisher would be the umpire in question. Ex Saints player who Lyon delisted.

It was also all over our board that during the Carlton game (we won by 5) Fisher paid 14 free kicks for the game. With 13 of those going to Carlton and 5 to Marc Murphy. Only 1 to Fremantle. Pretty damning stats and possibly backed up with other games he has umpired us in.

We received 4 total in the Dogs game! Need to think about that stat. 4 free kicks for a team that likes to pressure and harass and in fact so do Dogs.

If they're being investigated for fixing, I'm happy to stand corrected. Just thought I'd provide what else it could be for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow this will rival the Essendon drugs scandal if there is anything to this. If any players were fixing they should be banned for life

The saints game was unbelievable, the part about them being 'up' for Lenny Hayes is a pretty thin excuse, maybe it would give them a small boost for the first 15 minutes but the way freo just totally layed down is sus as hell. If that were a real reason then we wouldn't see so many teams lose when a club champion is playing their 300th game or whatever

You are correct. Saints got absolutely smashed by an Adelaide team who apparently hated their coach in Lennys last game.

While I was grateful for the Saints winning one more game for the season, we were 75 points up at one stage.

It was mighty mighty suss. Watching the Saints, we had been deplorable leading up to that game. After that game we went back to deplorable.

How do we beat a top four team by 10 goals?? Well the Saints were at $14.00 at the beginning of the game. Saints did play well but there was NO defensive pressure.

When have you ever heard that about a Ross Lyon coached team?

Sorry completely misread the thread.

In my head I thought investigation.

Betting completely separate.

Saints were paying 14-1. Lyon lost 7 figures in a stock market bust.

Would be one way to boost the finances!

I think it is more likely someone passed on "sensitive" information - team changes, structure changes etc - and that was used for gambling purposes by a third party rather than the players themselves doing anything untoward. I heard Matty Campbell from Sportsbet say at one stage that they actually lost on the Freo/Saints game as one punter had a good go at the Saints.

I stand corrected.

Only the OP has said betting. Others have said investigation.

I'll bet it was to do with umpiring and go back to my original comment. At seasons end would be a good time to investigate.

The rumblings about an investigation were pretty strong in the rumour mill on 6pr a few days after the Carlton game.

It was mighty mighty suss. Watching the Saints, we had been deplorable leading up to that game. After that game we went back to deplorable.

I see where you're going with this; it's the Saints we should be investigating!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back