Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Waterhouse you tool......

ONLINE bookmaker Tom Waterhouse has been flogging a dead horse, taking bets on a nag that died in December for this year’s Melbourne Cup.
The controversial bookie’s website was, until Saturday afternoon, offering punters odds of $31 on deceased import Salon Soldier to win the race that stops the nation.
The German stayer, once considered a 2014 Melbourne Cup hopeful, fell ill and perished on December 11, 2013.
While other major bookmaking sites scratched the runner from their future markets, Tom Waterhouse continued accepting bets on the ghost galloper until queries from the Sunday Herald Sun.
One alert gambler who noticed the phantom runner recently wrote on an online chat forum: “Why not offer odds of $4.50 on Phar Lap just in case he recovers and escapes from Melbourne Museum?” ( GOLD )
Another punter who noticed the glaring error said: “I have heard of flogging a dead horse, but not taking money from punters who are backing one.”
The Sunday Herald Sun was able to place a $5 bet on Salon Soldier which was accepted with the promise of a $155 collect if the five-year-old miraculously triumphs.
The bet was refunded minutes after questions were asked of TomWaterhouse.com spokesman Warren Hebard and the horse was then scrubbed from the list of potential runners.
Mr Hebard said the refunded $5 bet was the only wager made on the dead animal.
British bookmaker William Hill acquired the Tom Waterhouse business in August last year, with the entrepreneurial young bookie continuing on as managing director.
Salon Soldier had been unbeaten in two Australian starts.
The stayer won the 1600m Myer Spring Fashion Handicap at Randwick on his Australian debut and secured a rugged victory in the 1800m Visit Victoria Plate at Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day 2013.

Lol, but really anyone who backs a dead horse to win the Melbourne Cup deserves to lose their money. All money would be refunded regardless in that situation once it had been found out anyway i think

wtf are Sportingbet doing? They had the best website around 5 years ago, then changed it to a slightly worse but still very good site, and now change it again to something even worse than Luxbet's "upgrade"

I dont get it

Yeah saw that article and thought Why pick out something stupid like that when there are so many other ethically wrong practices in the bookie trade.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Absolutely, it seems the real issues are in the too hard basket for the media simpletons. Perhaps they are given too much advertising money to rock the boat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to agree, think it's better than it was. Quite easy to navigate around. The test will be when there is 100+ AFL markets, and how easy they are to find.

pretty poor effort if this was done on purpose
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
wow 9 words in one of your posts, must be a record.

Not happy with the new Sportingbet site. Not sure why they needed to change the easiest to read website into that tripe. I couldn't see the iform on there either? That was handy, not for the form but found the gold/silver/bronze a good reminder. It's still on the app though (for now) I assume they will be changing that as well. :mad:

Warning about palmerbet: All my bets go to pending when I place them, and are only accepted/declined AFTER each race.

22 bets

7 wins all declined AFTER the horse/dog had won.

15 losses all accepted AFTER the horse/dog had lost.

haha holy s**t, after the race? that's ******* abysmal

as i've said before they decline/accept based on which way the market moves after my bets but after the race is almost criminal (if true)

edit: actually i'm calling (partial) shenanigans on this one. why would it take 22 bets to realise this? the first time they left a bet pending whilst the race was on i'd be looking at not betting there again

I wouldn't post it if I wasn't serious. I made all those bets to be sure of what they were doing. Although it did cost me quite a bit, I was only giving back some of my winnings from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back