Beyond the Boundary - New AFL Youtube show (Latest episode in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gysenn

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi guys. Myself and two others (some of you may know Josh Rickard of AFL Season Information & Off Season News) have started up a new AFL youtube show - 'Beyond the Boundary'.

http://www.youtube.com/BTBAFL

Every Tuesday we'll be previewing the week's matches, and giving our thoughts on all the happenings in the football world. We're backed by ValleyArm Digital, one of the three leading companies in Australia working with independent content creators such as myself. We plan, film and edit the show ourselves.

We're still early on in putting this show together, so go easy. It's all recorded in one take, and most of the time leading up to recording is just spent trying to make sure the equipment is all working, so not every aspect of the show is absolutely perfect. We think we're improving, and we're confident the show can become quite an enjoyable watch. Having said that, we welcome any constructive feedback you might have for us. Hope you enjoy this week's episode!

-Nic

The Round 15 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here!

It's the unofficial rivalry round, as the boys dissect, discuss and argue their way through what's sure to be a great round of footy!

You can skip to a specific match preview using the timestamps below:
Geelong vs. Essendon - 03:11
Hawthorn vs. Gold Coast - 12:06
St.Kilda vs. Richmond - 17:10
Fremantle vs. West Coast - 23:46
Sydney vs. GWS - 27:33
Brisbane vs. North Melbourne - 32:23
Western Bulldogs vs. Melbourne - 38:40
Adelaide vs. Port Adelaide - 43:46
Collingwood vs. Carlton - 48:47

Last edited:

Name gives me flashbacks to the show of the same name that was on channel 10 before the Saturday afternoon game a few years ago. Then they'd have the holy grail intro as the coverage started.

Watched the Blues v Port section, the panel bagged the Blues mercilessly, 2 out of the 3 end up picking Carlton FTW.:confused:
Not so much bagging Carlton - more that they may struggle in certain areas. 50-50 game for me, home advantage was the reason for my tip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive always thought many of the posters on this board have more footy knowledge in one of their toenail clippings than half the muppets on the telly - just because you played footy and were a "lad" a commentator you are not!!!

Look forward to watching this when i get a chance - this - hopefully is the future of sports broadcasting

I liked it. My only criticism in what you said about Richmond was re Hampson being recruited as a forward option. He was recruited purely as a ruck and if he performs there that will be fine. He may rest forward on occasions, but any goals he kicks will be a bonus. Griffiths is clearly being groomed as a forward and is more of an option from the form he showed in the NAB. Could well be picked for round one.

I liked it. My only criticism in what you said about Richmond was re Hampson being recruited as a forward option. He was recruited purely as a ruck and if he performs there that will be fine. He may rest forward on occasions, but any goals he kicks will be a bonus. Griffiths is clearly being groomed as a forward and is more of an option from the form he showed in the NAB. Could well be picked for round one.
We might have given the wrong impression there, we weren't trying to imply he was a forward option, more that it's very lucky the tigers did go ahead and recruit him because of Maric going down, which then turned into a conversation about the forward line.

Thanks for the feedback!

We might have given the wrong impression there, we weren't trying to imply he was a forward option, more that it's very lucky the tigers did go ahead and recruit him because of Maric going down, which then turned into a conversation about the forward line.

Thanks for the feedback!
Is all good. I did notice the compliment re recruiting Hampson. It's just that, when one of you said: "And that's what they recruited him for" when discussing him as a forward, it grated a bit, mainly because I've seen so many posts here on BF when Carlton and neutral supporters have bagged us for recruiting Hampson on the basis that he failed as a forward at the Blues.

Slightly rotund, balding bloke who goes for Essendon making outlandish predictions. May as well be AFL 360.

I'm no media expert either but I wonder if 3 guys works as a format. I wonder if a host off to the side plus 2 would work better as a dynamic.

Sometimes it becomes a bit jumpy with everyone just butting in when they have something to say.

Cheers! We'll be changing our mic setup soon because of this problem.
No worries. Other suggestion would be not to have a panel set up where the guy in middle looks like he's watching a tennis match.

Maybe do it in an L shape with the format being a "host" and 2 offsiders? Just a thought. :thumbsu:

Callum Sinclair as the third ruck selection for West Coast is nowhere near as emphatic as you three state it is on your show.
West Coast fans on here are pretty divided probably with a slight majority in favour of Lycett.
95% of my mates support west coast and I think most of them would have Sinclair in front. I watched a few wall games last year where lycett played . Was about mid year. He was horrible even at that level

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back