Big Footy Trade and List Management Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Can players still be delisted at this point?

It's a max list of 40 and with at least three players needing to be added during the draft (academy/rookie upgrades included) so I'm sure that would be fine to continue delisting players.

Cheers fellas. Might have to come to that, have accepted one too many steak knives in the trades so far, list well and truly clogged.

I'm on the other side of the spectrum with 31 senior listed players and not enough picks given my delistings and being on that other side of the spectrum in generally giving up more pieces than I'm gaining.

I'm working under the assumption that as with the national draft that this draft will continue beyond just the fourth round and continue as many rounds as required for my list to be filled, as all lists are to have 40 senior listed players and 4 rookie listed players to simplify of the game.

I Am in a similar position to knightmare. Have 31 on my list with some players not sure about. If you like any of my fringe players make me an offer.
Am listening to offers on depth players such as Dempsey, pears, hams, steinberg, browne. Very realistic :)

TRADE ALERT

This afternoon the GWS Giants and Carlton Blues were able to agree on a trade for Lachie Plowman and Jed Lamb. Giants have agreed as part of their need to prune their list to swap both players to Carlton for pick 21.

HARKER
Great trade for both sides

I'm on the other side of the spectrum with 31 senior listed players and not enough picks given my delistings and being on that other side of the spectrum in generally giving up more pieces than I'm gaining.

I'm working under the assumption that as with the national draft that this draft will continue beyond just the fourth round and continue as many rounds as required for my list to be filled, as all lists are to have 40 senior listed players and 4 rookie listed players to simplify of the game.

We can do that but that is a lot of picks in a horrible year.

Collingwood and North Melbourne have agreed to a trade of:

TRADE ALERT
IN: Lindsay Thomas, North Melbourne 2016 first round selection (15), North Melbourne 2016 second round selection (33), North Melbourne 2015 third round selection (50)
OUT: Jack Frost, Nathan Freeman

Can we try and keep the trading realistic please.
I have to reject anyway as we didnt include 3rd round 2016 selections as per OP.
Come back to me when reworked.
Ta

the Ziebull

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS

PRESS RELEASE

GIANTS today confirmed their list is down to 40 including their Academy Selections. The Giants do however intend utilise at least 3 selections in the draft so are open to either trading out some additional players with the purpose of upgrading their current selections which are 14, 21, 32, 46 and 58. A spokesperson said ideally we would be looking to trade an additional 3 players and upgrade those first 3 selections. We could also use the 46 and 58 selections which we dont intend to use to help a deal getting done.

He would confirm or deny the rumour that Corr, Greene and Adam Kennedy had received interest preferring to say that they would like to ensure any of the players that are looking to be traded would end up at a place they were keen to get to.

It is believed Corr has been linked to Fremantle (Chris25), st kilda (Rahul), collingwood (Knightmare ), Hawthorn (HawkintheTuarts), Carlton (HARKER) while Greene and Kennedy have attracted interest from the same clubs as well Essendon (foj1), Swans (chunkychicken), Port (Gee Dub), Adelaide Skippos Lions (BRAB), North the Ziebull Suns Ben Drever. It is believed WCE Monocle are completely consumed by GF day preparations and may get involved next week.

Best 22

B PATFULL - DAVIS - SHAW
HB HAYNES - CARLISLE - GRIFFEN
C WHITFIELD - OMEARA - SCULLY
HF CONIGLIO - CAMERON - MAYES
F SMITH - PATTON - HOWE
FOLL MUMFORD - SHIEL - WARD

INT FROM;

LOBBE - PALMER - HOSKIN-ELLIOTT
STEWART - KELLY - BUNTINE - MARCHBANK
A.KENNEDY - WILSON - GREENE - CORR
WILLIAMS - AHERN - PICKETT
LOBB - McKENNA - HOPPER - TOWNSEND
KENNEDY - HIMMELBERG - CORNELL - PHILLIPS

Current List Size

Senior = 40
Rookie = 2

Current Draft Selections

2015 National Draft - 14, 21, 32, 46 & 58

2016 National Draft - 8

Last edited:
Can we try and keep the trading realistic please.
I have to reject anyway as we didnt include 3rd round 2016 selections as per OP.
Come back to me when reworked.
Ta

the Ziebull

The 3rd round selection is for 2015. Not 2016.

Would that trade still not be suitable?

I don't see it breaking any rules and in both cases we have agreed that it will help our teams in our list builds.

Since when has realism been a criteria for trading? This isn't real, this isn't a simulation, it's a game. Two people agreed, however imbalanced it seems to a third party.

Since when has realism been a criteria for trading? This isn't real, this isn't a simulation, it's a game. Two people agreed, however imbalanced it seems to a third party.

I suspect Snoop Dog just miss-read the year of the 3rd round pick, just seeing the pattern with the first two rounds being 2016 picks.

In making the trade I was aware of the rule that 3rd round selections could not be traded for 2016 and as a result I took North's 3rd round selection for 2015 instead.

So I'm assuming once Snoop Dog re-reads the agreed deal all should be good under the rules of his trade game.

I suspect Snoop Dog just miss-read the year of the 3rd round pick, just seeing the pattern with the first two rounds being 2016 picks.

In making the trade I was aware of the rule that 3rd round selections could not be traded for 2016 and as a result I took North's 3rd round selection for 2015 instead.

So I'm assuming once Snoop Dog re-reads the agreed deal all should be good under the rules of his trade game.

ok I think its a bit imbalanced but will let it through

SAINTS UPGRADE SINCLAIR

After an extremely promising 1st season, St Kilda have announced that former Oakleigh Charger Jack Sinclair will be upgraded to the rookie list with the clubs last pick in the national draft.

TEMPLETON, HICKEY HEAD LIST OF SAINTS UP FOR TRADE
After making a few additions during the trade period, there are a few Saints reportedly having discussions with the club about seeking opportunities elsewhere. Despite being contracted, both Tom Hickey and Eli Templeton are unsure of their position in the 22 moving forward and are considering their options. Templeton has been overtaken by 2014 additions Jack Sinclair and Jack Lonie, while Hickey will be competing with up-and-coming ruckman Billy Longer, and will share ruck duties with Jason Holmes for Sandringham. The club is said to be open to trade offers, but would prefer to keep Eli at this stage. There's is also an expectation that one of Tim Membrey or Adam Tomlinson will be exploring their options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back