Rumour Big name from Port on the way out

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't this thread about hamish hartlett?

It will be about someone new every time the last persons it was about re-signs, because Port have an excellent record of keeping the players that they want to keep. It's been about Schulz, Lobbe, Hartlett and Wingard, and with them all signed up it's now about Wines. If it was a bit older it could have been about 2010 Boak, 2012 Boak, 2014 Wines, Gray, Carlile, Trengove or Butcher (back when that was a thing people cared about).

Maybe in 2025 when Tex Wanganeen leaves Port to go to the Bombers or something DangerSloane and co will storm the thread and be all 'haha we knew you'd lose one eventually, take off your rose-coloured glasses Poort Powa flogs!'

Last edited:
It will be about someone new every time the last persons it was about re-signs, because Port have an excellent record of keeping the players that they want to keep. It's been about Schulz, Lobbe, Hartlett and Wingard, and with them all signed up it's now about Wines. If it was a bit older it could have been about 2010 Boak, 2012 Boak, 2014 Wines, Gray, Carlile, Trengove or Butcher (back when that was a thing people cared about).

Maybe in 2025 when Tex Wanganeen leaves Port to go to the Bombers or something DangerSloane and co will storm the thread and be all 'haha we knew you'd lose one eventually, take off your rose-coloured glasses Poort Powa flogs!'
Only in my wildest dreams would DangerSloane stay under his rock until 2025.

Lel yeah.

Losing to Carlton was all part of the plan.

Wouldnt be surprised if you dont make it again this year. Your backline is horrible
Haha you read too much media. We had our 2 best defenders out for big chunks of the season and our third best under performed and was dropped too late in the season. He came back in that last few games in his 2014 best form and we won those games without Ollie, Polec, and Schulz playing with a back injury. Add in Bassett our new defensive coach and let's just see what happens , although we have a youngish group compared to some. See ya next year :)

Haha you read too much media. We had our 2 best defenders out for big chunks of the season and our third best under performed and was dropped too late in the season. He came back in that last few games in his 2014 best form and we won those games without Ollie, Polec, and Schulz playing with a back injury. Add in Bassett our new defensive coach and let's just see what happens , although we have a youngish group compared to some. See ya next year :)

Who are your two best defenders?

nah we are right. Thanks for the best tagger in the league though. much appreciated.

Lol, you're welcome to him. He's pretty much the only tagger in the league. Nobody plays taggers any more. The best tagger of the decade just got delisted and had no interest in him from opposition clubs. Obviously Norf's tactics are as outdated as their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the sad reality of Port's position. One article mentioned a 'tight cap' a few months before Dixon and Hartlett re-signed, and the subtle hint that Wingard and Wines are off the books in the near future lends to all types of rumours.

From what I've heard from the people I know connected with Port is that there is some truth to the cap situation - i.e. it is very tight. Bit there is flexibility in the few years after, so Id suggest that any deal with Wibgard or Wines would heavily backloaded.

As i said, Id heard Wines had some very very good offers on the table from some Clubs - mainly Victorian, and the belief is that Port cannot match.

Whether that money is enough to entice him, I obviously can't say. As a Tigers fan, we went through this with both Riewoldt and Rance (Freo offered a few 100k more than we were prepared to do) and both stayed.

I personally think he will stay. But I hope he signs with the Tiggers.

Lol, you're welcome to him. He's pretty much the only tagger in the league. Nobody plays taggers any more. The best tagger of the decade just got delisted and had no interest in him from opposition clubs. Obviously Norf's tactics are as outdated as their list.

Doing alright with an outdated list and tactics to play in back to back prelims with no signs of slowing down in 2016.

If you blokes didnt drink your own bath water after pushing Hawthorn in a prelim, which lets be honest, is a regular occurrence, you might have had a shot at achieving that.

Keep kidding yourselves that your recruits are going to do it for you. I look forward to jumping on here when Wines leaves at the end of the year.

'Cash, no cash, theres no cash here Ollie". Poor bloke plays his guts out for the club only to be torched in the contract negotiations

Doing alright with an outdated list and tactics to play in back to back prelims with no signs of slowing down in 2016.

If you blokes didnt drink your own bath water after pushing Hawthorn in a prelim, which lets be honest, is a regular occurrence, you might have had a shot at achieving that.

Keep kidding yourselves that your recruits are going to do it for you. I look forward to jumping on here when Wines leaves at the end of the year.

'Cash, no cash, theres no cash here Ollie". Poor bloke plays his guts out for the club only to be torched in the contract negotiations
Dumbest post I've read yet.

That's the sad reality of Port's position. One article mentioned a 'tight cap' a few months before Dixon and Hartlett re-signed, and the subtle hint that Wingard and Wines are off the books in the near future lends to all types of rumours.

From what I've heard from the people I know connected with Port is that there is some truth to the cap situation - i.e. it is very tight. Bit there is flexibility in the few years after, so Id suggest that any deal with Wibgard or Wines would heavily backloaded.

As i said, Id heard Wines had some very very good offers on the table from some Clubs - mainly Victorian, and the belief is that Port cannot match.

Whether that money is enough to entice him, I obviously can't say. As a Tigers fan, we went through this with both Riewoldt and Rance (Freo offered a few 100k more than we were prepared to do) and both stayed.

I personally think he will stay. But I hope he signs with the Tiggers.
Agree he'll stay but as we don't have it in writing yet I guess in the slightest of slight chance he doesn't, Port would be demanding a lot at the trade table for him. he's not exactly a free agent, years off that and go home factor is irrelevant so if he was after more $$$ when the club has done everything right by him and wants to keep him they wouldn't let him go easily. Word is from several private sources is that he's staying though. Port have been planning for this eventuality for some time.

The perception of where Port is now as a club is yet to catch up with reality for many.

There's also a lot of people who mistake our current turnaround for the abnormal rather than a return to normal after being shackled since entering the AFL with a combination of playing at our bitter rivals home ground, our fan base split by the SANFL saying we couldn't associate with the Magpies in the SANFL, the SANFL as our license holder bleeding us dry (leaving us with the lowest footy department spend across the league) and the worst stadium deal in the country at said stadium our fans hated.

It's no surprise that as each and every one of those impediments have been removed the last few years our Member numbers and club strength on and off-field have all improved markedly. I'd say it's another 3 - 5 years of this before people accept we are now a top 6 (or at least 8) club off-field permanently, rather than a flash in the pan. And until they do every time we have a player out of contract (even a year away), it'll be 'Port Powerz are too poor to pay!'.

Lel. Norf are a mediocre midrange team who have twice gotten lucky with the draw. If you'd come up against Freo in 2014 or Hawthorn in 2015 rather than Dad's army Geelong or an injury ravaged Sydney it would be zero prelims since 2007.

And 'no signs of slowing down in 2016'? Well, given that the 2016 season hasn't started yet? What signs of slowing down could there possibly have been?

Since DangerSloane was too gutless to bet with me, I'll try you on for size. If North make the top 4 in 2016 I'll shut down my account. If they don't, you shut down yours. Sound good?

The perception of where Port is now as a club is yet to catch up with reality for many.

There's also a lot of people who mistake our current turnaround for the abnormal rather than a return to normal after being shackled since entering the AFL with a combination of playing at our bitter rivals home ground, our fan base split by the SANFL saying we couldn't associate with the Magpies in the SANFL, the SANFL as our license holder bleeding us dry (leaving us with the lowest footy department spend across the league) and the worst stadium deal in the country at said stadium our fans hated.

It's no surprise that as each and every one of those impediments have been removed the last few years our Member numbers and club strength on and off-field have all improved markedly. I'd say it's another 3 - 5 years of this before people accept we are now a top 6 (or at least 8) club off-field permanently, rather than a flash in the pan. And until they do every time we have a player out of contract (even a year away), it'll be 'Port Powerz are too poor to pay!'.
What? The salary cap gets paid no matter the state of a clubs financials and its exactly the same for every club rich or poor. Nobody is saying you cant afford to pay the players talk about a comprehension fail.

Ports issue is massively overpaying for Lobbe, Dixon and Ryder on huge multi year deals. Doesn't leave much room especially when Lobbe will be leading the magpies out.

Maybe Dixon can get you back into the 8 if his ankles hold up.

Lel. Norf are a mediocre midrange team who have twice gotten lucky with the draw. If you'd come up against Freo in 2014 or Hawthorn in 2015 rather than Dad's army Geelong or an injury ravaged Sydney it would be zero prelims since 2007.

And 'no signs of slowing down in 2016'? Well, given that the 2016 season hasn't started yet? What signs of slowing down could there possibly have been?

Since DangerSloane was too gutless to bet with me, I'll try you on for size. If North make the top 4 in 2016 I'll shut down my account. If they don't, you shut down yours. Sound good?

I think you scared the Beegeebus out of HBW-nker lol

Poor fella's probably crying in his mummys arms

Sounds good champ. But at least back your Piss weak mob. You sound confident on port. If Port make a prelim I'll shut down the account. Not all about North, you blokes are the ones trouting off about port.

What? The salary cap gets paid no matter the state of a clubs financials and its exactly the same for every club rich or poor. Nobody is saying you cant afford to pay the players talk about a comprehension fail.

Ports issue is massively overpaying for Lobbe, Dixon and Ryder on huge multi year deals. Doesn't leave much room especially when Lobbe will be leading the magpies out.

Yet another sheep following the flock.such experts in all things Port when what it really is is fear.

Huge multi year deals????? HUGE???? I would call what Boyd Buddy and Danger are getting huge, not what our players are receiving .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back