Rumour Big name from Port on the way out

Remove this Banner Ad

The perception of where Port is now as a club is yet to catch up with reality for many.

There's also a lot of people who mistake our current turnaround for the abnormal rather than a return to normal after being shackled since entering the AFL with a combination of playing at our bitter rivals home ground, our fan base split by the SANFL saying we couldn't associate with the Magpies in the SANFL, the SANFL as our license holder bleeding us dry (leaving us with the lowest footy department spend across the league) and the worst stadium deal in the country at said stadium our fans hated.

It's no surprise that as each and every one of those impediments have been removed the last few years our Member numbers and club strength on and off-field have all improved markedly. I'd say it's another 3 - 5 years of this before people accept we are now a top 6 (or at least 8) club off-field permanently, rather than a flash in the pan. And until they do every time we have a player out of contract (even a year away), it'll be 'Port Powerz are too poor to pay!'.
Well said.

Sounds good champ. But at least back your Piss weak mob. You sound confident on port. If Port make a prelim I'll shut down the account. Not all about North, you blokes are the ones trouting off about port.

Fine, if North make a prelim I'll shut down my account and if Port make a prelim you shut down yours. You're on.

Hope to see you all back here when he does rather than disappearing into the woodwork.
I'll be the first one here to congratulate you guys. We've been there... Your turn until he does. With all of my points as to why he should or might leave I will put it out there as he will sign before April or you will get the " I'm leaving for my manager to work out "or " I will wait until the end of the season to decide " which we all know ends in tears!
Before April or bust... You heard it here first :) the clock is ticking

Boak, Ryder and Dixon are getting very close to the money Danger is on.

Lobbe is paid more than the entire SANFL sides he plays against.
I take this back.

Lobbe will be Ports main man all year hopefully for them he can find some form.

I know they can't get a refund on their draft picks but Can Port redirect Ryders giant salary to Ollie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is by far my favourite thread on BF :rainbow:.

so salty.

we should start a pool on who this thread will be about in march. i'm tipping Ah Chee if he takes off, if not maybe everyone will start hoping for 2017 and Pittard?

This will now be one of my favourite threads ever on BF.

upload_2016-1-12_9-3-24.png upload_2016-1-12_9-4-0.png

This will now be one of my favourite threads ever on BF.

View attachment 206078View attachment 206080
Touche. Ryder a big loss but Monfries replaceable. I would like to say something that gets me banned but I enjoy big footy to much. I'll just console myself with the fact that I support a real football club, with real history and one that has never cheated or faced draft sanctions.

Touche. Ryder a big loss but Monfries replaceable. I would like to say something that gets me banned but I enjoy big footy to much. I'll just console myself with the fact that I support a real football club, with real history and one that has never cheated or faced draft sanctions.

I would've thought Monfries wouldnt be best 22 if you had them all fit.

Ryder is a big loss though. Lucky you hung onto Lobbe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck champ.

Lobbe vs Goldstein my god this will be enjoyable.

Good point, Port could never make a prelim with Lobbe as the main ruckman. Except for that time that Port did make a prelim with Lobbe as the main ruckman, like a season ago.

Conveniently forgotten the most underachieving season in the history of the AFL?
I wouldn't say any of us have forgotten the 1999 AFL season, we just don't feel the need to continually compare ourselves to the other club in this state.
If only it worked the other way around...

I wouldn't say any of us have forgotten the 1999 AFL season, we just don't feel the need to continually compare ourselves to the other club in this state.
If only it worked the other way around...

LOL
We won in 98 from 5th, I dont think we expected to win a 3rd premiership in a row.

All I heard out of port last year (and of course the media wank-fest) was Port are premiership favourites, people booking grand final trips, bagging out the crows saying we'd be bottom 4.

Fact is most of the pundits picked you for top 2 and you finished 9th. Now you have two starting 22 players gone for the year, doesnt exactly make it any easier.

LOL
We won in 98 from 5th, I dont think we expected to win a 3rd premiership in a row.
LOL we finished 4th in 2014 and didn't even make the GF, I don't think we expected to win the premiership in 2015.

All I heard out of port last year (and of course the media wank-fest) was Port are premiership favourites, people booking grand final trips, bagging out the crows saying we'd be bottom 4.
Can you link me to the article from a port person at the start of 2015 stating that we were premiership favourites that year?
Kthnx

Fact is most of the pundits picked you for top 2 and you finished 9th.
Sounds like some pretty stupid pundits then. Hope you don't go around chasing your losses.

Now you have two starting 22 players gone for the year, doesnt exactly make it any easier.
Losing your only genuine star and replacing him with multiple bottom 50 players, you're in for a rough year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back