Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you mentioned players that couldn’t hold positions, you failed to add that at least they held them for multiple years Previously. My point with Frampton was that he has never cemented a permanent stop in his career

you can be lucky though, he is a premiership player. All power to him
Go back and have a read of our interactions.

YOUR evidence of Frampton being a dud was because he'd played at 3 clubs. I brought up 3-4 quality players of varying degrees who are also at their 3rd club. Thus disproving the 3rd club theory.

YOu then said it was because Frampton couldn't hold a permanent spot at any of those clubs. I referred to those same 3-4 players who basically had been moved on because they couldn't cement a permanent position at those clubs. Thus disproving that theory as well.

Players CAN play at multiple clubs in MULTIPLE positions and NOT be duds.

In fact, they can be premiership players who play the exact role their coach has asked of them.

How much time did Frampton spend in the bench in the last quarter? Seem to recall it being significant.
Frampton said he could feel Andrews willing himself to greater heights in the final quarter, that the guy's class would inevitably will itself into action and dominance and that's what happened in that quarter. He mentioned nothing about spending time on the bench. If he did leave the ground, perhaps that was because the coaches saw Andrews getting on top and tried a counter move.

Billy will be pleased you’ve followed him so closely. Freaked out a bit perhaps but pleased.
You still haven’t covered how you knew Murph would be good because he was always courageous.

Murphy showed more early days than just his courage. Anyone who watched his early VFL and senior performances could see it. Just because a few muppets on BF couldn’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.

Frampton said he could feel Andrews willing himself to greater heights in the final quarter, that the guy's class would inevitably will itself into action and dominance and that's what happened in that quarter. He mentioned nothing about spending time on the bench. If he did leave the ground, perhaps that was because the coaches saw Andrews getting on top and tried a counter move.

My point was the Andrew’s had 15% (82 v 97% or about 20 minutes) more time on ground than Frampton, much of that in the last which coincidently was when Andrew’s got off the leash. I’d have though Frampton was off more so because he was spent given he hadn’t played a game since 25th August and was no doubt lacking match fitness.

Sydney spent 10 million and 10 years on Buddy Frankin, and never won a Premiership with him, even though through that entire period the Swans were one of the best teams in the comp.

Collingwood spent a few 100k and gave Adelaide our round 3 pick for this year, and won a flag with this guy at full forward on the competition's best defender.

Billy Frampton > Buddy Franklin

You know in this thread there are posters critiquing Billy’s grand final performance on the 29th of September,even though the grand final was on the 30th of September.Are these people psychics,or time travellers?😳

Sydney spent 10 million and 10 years on Buddy Frankin, and never won a Premiership with him, even though through that entire period the Swans were one of the best teams in the comp.

Collingwood spent a few 100k and gave Adelaide our round 3 pick for this year, and won a flag with this guy at full forward on the competition's best defender.

Billy Frampton > Buddy Franklin
1697686753942.gif

Good to see you agree that Frampton played his role perfectly for 3 quarters and was a key part of our Premiership win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to wonder whether his role was to spoil andrews and do nothing much else. I could argue that darcy moore did his role with 7 disposals.

You have to wonder whether his role was to spoil andrews and do nothing much else. I could argue that darcy moore did his role with 7 disposals.
But that was his role.
And no one expected anything else from him.
The coach said as much.
Deserving premiership player.
Deserving CFC life member.

But that was his role.
And no one expected anything else from him.
The coach said as much.
Deserving premiership player.
Deserving CFC life member.

Coach says that after the game. Harris wasnt a factor for 3 quarters. I'm still not sure whether frampton was the sole reason for that but I agree that it was important. I just dont think that the coach told him to blanket harris and do nothing else. He had opportunities too. In the end the team wins. That's all that important.

He had a good year too. He was surprisingly good in the ruck.

Darcy really probably escapes criticism because we won, but Daniher got the better of him quite handily on the day.

Hard to blame him, because it wasn't the preferred matchup - The preference was to play Murphy on him and hide Darcy on Hipwood and let him counter-attack, but when Murphy got hurt, Howe was too small to try on Daniher.

So not ideal, but Darcy got the tough job on a dangerous and in form Daniher, while Howe got to rack up touches playing on a witch's hat in Hipwood.

But yeah, Darce didn't exactly set the world on fire on GF day, but playing hurt and on the wrong opponent in an injury struck defense, you can't really blame him.

Darcy really probably escapes criticism because we won, but Daniher got the better of him quite handily on the day.

Hard to blame him, because it wasn't the preferred matchup - The preference was to play Murphy on him and hide Darcy on Hipwood and let him counter-attack, but when Murphy got hurt, Howe was too small to try on Daniher.

So not ideal, but Darcy got the tough job on a dangerous and in form Daniher, while Howe got to rack up touches playing on a witch's hat in Hipwood.

But yeah, Darce didn't exactly set the world on fire on GF day, but playing hurt and on the wrong opponent in an injury struck defense, you can't really blame him.

I dont want to blame anyone. I'm happy that we won. It's a team effort.

We all saw Darcy's ankle. I am curious if it really did limit him a lot. We may find out the truth in the years ahead but i'll be interested to find out whether his mental state wasnt quite right in the last few weeks. He seemed to be forcing the laughter bit. He didnt look too healthy. I just wonder if the pressure of captaincy got to him. Just my observations....

I dont want to blame anyone. I'm happy that we won. It's a team effort.

We all saw Darcy's ankle. I am curious if it really did limit him a lot. We may find out the truth in the years ahead but i'll be interested to find out whether his mental state wasnt quite right in the last few weeks. He seemed to be forcing the laughter bit. He didnt look too healthy. I just wonder if the pressure of captaincy got to him. Just my observations....
It was his wrist as well, plus he'd returned for the first final off a very short hamstring recovery.

Honestly I don't blame him - I think he was massively banged up and soldiered on anyway. Certainly wasn't his usual self through the finals, but provided amazing leadership.

It was his wrist as well, plus he'd returned for the first final off a very short hamstring recovery.

Honestly I don't blame him - I think he was massively banged up and soldiered on anyway. Certainly wasn't his usual self through the finals, but provided amazing leadership.

fair enough... well the whole group did well defensively which is hte aim of the game..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back