Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont want to blame anyone. I'm happy that we won. It's a team effort.

We all saw Darcy's ankle. I am curious if it really did limit him a lot. We may find out the truth in the years ahead but i'll be interested to find out whether his mental state wasnt quite right in the last few weeks. He seemed to be forcing the laughter bit. He didnt look too healthy. I just wonder if the pressure of captaincy got to him. Just my observations....
I wonder whether knowing his dad played in some losing GFs affected him. Surely it did.

Darcy was banged up, and with Murphy going down his job was made much harder. But he and the other defenders did a fantastic job, as a collective, on the day. Brisbane had what many experts described as the most ‘potent’ forward line in the competition, and in their two other games against us this season, they kicked 116 and 124 points respectively. To prevent them kicking a winning score in the GF, again without Murphy, was an amazing achievement.

I want to be like Billy Frampton
and lose my limitations
I want to be like Billy Frampton
and do imitations

[PLAYERCARD]Billy Frampton[/PLAYERCARD] debate 1.PNG
[PLAYERCARD]Billy Frampton[/PLAYERCARD] debate 2.PNG
[PLAYERCARD]Billy Frampton[/PLAYERCARD] debate 3.PNG
[PLAYERCARD]Billy Frampton[/PLAYERCARD] debate 4.PNG
Billy Frampton debate 5.PNG
Billy Frampton debate 6.PNG
Can anyone think of another tall not in a teams best 23 that came in this year and plugged holes like Billy did? He was a bit of a passenger for a handfull of games later in the year, but he did pretty well early in the year when Howe went down. He kept Dixon and Lynch pretty quiet.

He was crucial when it came to playing in the ruck when Cameron and Cox went down. McStay got smashed in the ruck in round 4. Then we move Billy into the ruck in round 5 for the 4 games. Look how close those games were against St Kilda, Essendon and Adelaide. We most likely lose all 3 of those without Billy. That would've stuffed our momentum and altered our course for the rest of the year. We certainly wouldn't have finished on top.

I think this nuffie can't seem to see past the image he has in his mind of Frampton bottling those marks in the Grand Final.

Last edited:
I've said it before, but I think it's worth repeating. Those 'almost' cances early in the GF put Andrews on notice and he needed to keep Framption tight and that alone changed Andrews' style. Had Billy clunked those couple of marks early in the GF and coverted he would have been hailed a hero. The difference between being serviceable and being a hero was a very thin line. In my opinion, Billy can wear his premiership medal with price cause he earned it for that game let alone the matches throughout the home and away season where he provided the team with his output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it before, but I think it's worth repeating. Those 'almost' cances early in the GF put Andrews on notice and he needed to keep Framption tight and that alone changed Andrews' style.
At the game I commented on the first tackle Billy laid on him.
Would've let Andrews know it wasn’t going to be as easy as the week before.

Sydney spent 10 million and 10 years on Buddy Frankin, and never won a Premiership with him, even though through that entire period the Swans were one of the best teams in the comp.

Collingwood spent a few 100k and gave Adelaide our round 3 pick for this year, and won a flag with this guy at full forward on the competition's best defender.

Billy Frampton > Buddy Franklin
So you are saying we shouldn't spend big on that overpriced KPF (eg a King)? Perhaps a cut price option will do. Worked in the Ruck.

View attachment 1870358
View attachment 1870359
View attachment 1870360
View attachment 1870361
View attachment 1870467
View attachment 1870468
Can anyone think of another tall not in a teams best 23 that came in this year and plugged holes like Billy did? He was a bit of a passenger for a handfull of games later in the year, but he did pretty well early in the year when Howe went down. He kept Dixon and Lynch pretty quiet.

He was crucial when it came to playing in the ruck when Cameron and Cox went down. McStay got smashed in the ruck in round 4. Then we move Billy into the ruck in round 5 for the 4 games. Look how close those games were against St Kilda, Essendon and Adelaide. We most likely lose all 3 of those without Billy. That would've stuffed our momentum and altered our course for the rest of the year. We certainly wouldn't have finished on top.

I think this nuffie can't seem to see past the image he has in his mind of Frampton bottling those marks in the Grand Final.
The test of Frampton's value in the GF is simple.
Was Fagan satisfied that Andrews influenced the game?
Clearly the answers is NO - and Frampton was the reason.

I'm tipping Fagan will have a different plan for an Andrews/Frampton match up next time.

View attachment 1870358
View attachment 1870359
View attachment 1870360
View attachment 1870361
View attachment 1870467
View attachment 1870468

Much like Kane Cornes. Have an opinion and stick with it no matter what. No point debating with them. As far as “passenger” goes, well Frampton took a very important contested mark in front of goal in the comeback win against Essendon on Anzac Day. The goal against Gold Coast was very nice with great attacking team play.

The test of Frampton's value in the GF is simple.
Was Fagan satisfied that Andrews influenced the game?
Clearly the answers is NO - and Frampton was the reason.

I'm tipping Fagan will have a different plan for an Andrews/Frampton match up next time.

Andrews did have the most intercept possessions on the ground, 2nd most contested marks, most marks.

He wasn't dominate in the first half, but pretty much no talls were as the sun was straight in their eyes every time a ball was kicked in long.

2nd half he was extremely good and got Brisbane back into the game. Frampton gave away 2 dumb free kicks in the last quarter, 1 of which was nearly 50 when he turned around sprayed the ump after it.

Frampton was solid but the overrating of his game is getting a bit extreme. His dropping of uncontested marks 20 metres out also hurt our momentum.

I don’t think this is right, I think Serena has Our Billy covered but I have been wrong before.

unfair of you to say that. Serena's career is finished and Billy still has a few more premierships to win. I'd wait until the fat lady sings.

Andrews did have the most intercept possessions on the ground, 2nd most contested marks, most marks.

He wasn't dominate in the first half, but pretty much no talls were as the sun was straight in their eyes every time a ball was kicked in long.

2nd half he was extremely good and got Brisbane back into the game. Frampton gave away 2 dumb free kicks in the last quarter, 1 of which was nearly 50 when he turned around sprayed the ump after it.

Frampton was solid but the overrating of his game is getting a bit extreme. His dropping of uncontested marks 20 metres out also hurt our momentum.
How many of Andrew's stats were up to 3 quarter time and what where his stats in the last quarter? (I don't have them)

My recollection is that he had a great last quarter but had no significant influence before that.

How many of Andrew's stats were up to 3 quarter time and what where his stats in the last quarter? (I don't have them)

My recollection is that he had a great last quarter but had no significant influence before that.

No talls really had a big influence in the air in the 1st half as the sun was going straight into their eyes, plus grand finals are ultra contested and typically talls have a lesser influence anyway.

2nd half Andrews was in Brisbane's top 3 players

I would've said Frampton had a great game if he took his chances, but his woeful marking efforts really had a negative impact on our momentum and confidence. That and the fact Andrews ended up playing overall quite a good game (i mentioned his strong stats earlier) means Frampton was solid, but definitely not the amazing game many on here are suggesting.

No talls really had a big influence in the air in the 1st half as the sun was going straight into their eyes, plus grand finals are ultra contested and typical talls have a lesser influence anyway.

2nd half Andrews was in Brisbane's top 3 players

I would've said Frampton had a great game if he took his chances, but his woeful marking efforts really had a negative impact on our momentum and confidence. That and the fact Andrews ended up playing overall quite a good game (i mentioned his strong stats earlier) means Frampton was solid, but definitely not the amazing game many on here are suggesting.
I take it that you don't have the stats either? My recollection is that 9 of his 16 were in the last quarter but I can't check.

I'm not sure people are saying Frampton played a great game are they?

I agree with you that he was solid and I think he played his role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back