Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloke does what he’s a asked. Mr fix it plugging holes when required.

He hasn’t really been given an opportunity to cement a defensive spot. He’s been thrown around a lot, into ruck and forward when needed.

He belongs in defence and deserves a run of games.
I had my doubts about him holding down a spot, he’s versatile but hasn’t excelled anywhere, but last night changed my mind, he looked comfortable and could very well become a handy defender.

One of the few highlights of our game against St kilda for me was the performance of Billy Frampton. Thought he was fantastic. He took 5 intercept marks, and made some brilliant, aggressive plays. He has the potential to play a key role in our defence. He was not beaten by King, who is one of the best forwards in the league. Definitely is selected for the game against Brisbane.

Keep him in defence TD. Will have good and bad games like any but needs a chance to cement the spot

100% Agree

I thought he played his best last year down back

The man has come of age..

The granny gave him confidence imo

Wish he showed ppl what he can do that day

Liam Jones type career coming imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not the system defender Murphy is, but he can clamp down on a key forward and allow Moore to be Moore. It might not be our ideal defensive archetype, but it ******* works. Onya Billy.

well done bill.... covered for darcy moore's efforts...

Billy was just so reliable tonight. Normally Joe terrifies me for obvious reasons given how much he loves playing Collingwood. But come the second half I didn't even feel nervous when the ball was kicked in Joe's direction. I just knew Billy was going to nullify the contest.

I think the Adelaide Oval might suit him next week too. Not too much space for him to get lost in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back