Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you seen Essendons ruck division?

Warnock and Wood would have to be the worst ruck division in the league from teams that actually have a ruck division. :cool:

Hampson will probably be delisted at years end.

Just a thought, probably get him for a rookie spot..

Not close enough to 100 games with the club to make it worth it :p

Hampson will probably be delisted at years end.

Just a thought, probably get him for a rookie spot.

Don't hate me.

Look, I'm all for second chances .... it would be great to have Megan back on our list again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do I get a horrible feeling that Kruezer will leave via free agency? This is based on no info or tidbits I've heard, but rather intuition based on the club's new philosophy regarding contracts and over-paying. I fear a club liKe Richmond (for instance) will offer Kruezer maybe 150 - 200 K more per year than our highest offer, and he has to look after hos own future, considering it may well be his final big AFL contract.

I've been wrong many times before, pray I'm wrong again, but I do genuinely fear we will lose Humphrey... :mad:

I think (and hope) your spidey senses are off on this one DVB.

I can't see krooz expecting or demanding a big salary after his body has kept him from delivering what he can. I know it's business but can imagine he'd be sheepish, even through his manager.

Also can't see other teams throwing big money at him given injury history (even if injuries have been mostly unrelated and seemingly unlucky).

I don't want to lose kreuz, but if we were to, I'd be encouraging him to look to gws.

Mummy is just as injury prone
Kreuz would be assured a premiership
And we'd get something very good for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big difference between covering an injury and going a full season (at least) without him. Wood looked buggered last week...and did you miss the bit where I said hopefully Warnock won't be around?
Didn't miss it but if we lose Kreuz then we won't be losing Warnock.

If we want to work our way up the ladder we need to increase our bench strength, not just move on anyone with a vague hint of currency.
If we want to work our way up the ladder we will need to make tough decisions. At least four of his prior six seasons have been significantly interrupted, if we can get a top 5 pick (as is the basis for the discussion) then I would be annoyed if we instead chose to move on Henderson or Yarran. Unless our drafts are flawless, some players are going to need to be moved on to improve the balance of the list. Passion aside, an injury prone and ageing ruck fits into that category.

Are we serious about this Hampson talk?

you bet

oneflewoverthecuckoosnest1.jpg

Last edited:
Disagree.

Yes the change of coaches has made an important difference to the team but so too has had having a quality AFL ruck in Kreuzer. Wood plays his heart out but he's depth. Everybody should appreciate just how much work he has put into the games that he has played but the simple answer is that he's just not up to it long term.

Yes, I was in favor of letting Kreuzer walk before he came back - it's amazing what a difference being able to watch a guy pour his heart out for his club when he's on the field can do - but having watched him over the past few weeks its quite easy to see how awful that decision would be. While getting a band one compo pick wouldn't be out and out disastrous should Kreuzer walk the decision on whether or not we retain KReuzer should be his and his alone.

The last thing that I want to see the club become is a revolving door for substandard rucks for another half decade. That was one of our biggest flaws in the dark years and without Kreuzer it will be as such for the foreseeable future. Drafting rucks are no sure thing to pan out. People argue that it's not an important position anymore but when you have one the quality of Kreuzer who is as passionate and loyal to the club as he is you only let them walk on their terms. If he can get several hundred thousand more elsewhere than he can get at the Blues then good luck to him. But I think you'll find that he's turned down significantly more money in the past because his heart bleeds navy.
Fair points and I won't try to counter any because I am not advocating for it, but I will understand if the club opted for a top 5 pick if presented.

Are we serious about this Hampson talk?

For sure.

He gets delisted, we take him back, then trade him next year for another second rounder. Perfect.

I don't want to lose kreuz, but if we were to, I'd be encouraging him to look to gws.

Mummy is just as injury prone
Kreuz would be assured a premiership
And we'd get something very good for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hes a free agent. Would be better value getting band 1 compo then a trade, which wouldnt happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back