Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps shows aggression............so do Graham and Holman.

If we are to seriously plan for the future, we can't be just looking one year at a time.
The vision has to be in place now and a commitment to gaining all the players and types we need.

It should be - but I suspect that like most clubs, we will take a conservative approach.

Imo, murphy, yarran, henderson, walker should all go via trades and potentially kreuzer as a RFA (if he gets a good enough deal).

Yes kids need protecting but imo thomas, gibbs, cripps, bell, graham, curnow, docherty, whiley, armfield, everitt, touhy, white are enough mature bodies to rotate through the midfield for a season or two as youngsters/developing players come through (sheehan, byrne, holman, boekhurst, rainbow + future draftees) - particularly if we picked up aish.

Murphy would be the interesting one - in a rich vein of form atm and has enough runs on the board historically that he would net top level compo in a trade. Worst loss in club history in his 200th suggests to me that he should be tradable. You a club, such a performance in his 200th said a lot - Question is, would we do it though?

It should be - but I suspect that like most clubs, we will take a conservative approach.

Imo, murphy, yarran, henderson, walker should all go via trades and potentially kreuzer as a RFA (if he gets a good enough deal).

Yes kids need protecting but imo thomas, gibbs, cripps, bell, graham, curnow, docherty, whiley, armfield, everitt, touhy, white are enough mature bodies to rotate through the midfield for a season or two as youngsters/developing players come through (sheehan, byrne, holman, boekhurst, rainbow + future draftees) - particularly if we picked up aish.

Murphy would be the interesting one - in a rich vein of form atm and has enough runs on the board historically that he would net top level compo in a trade. Worst loss in club history in his 200th suggests to me that he should be tradable. You a club, such a performance in his 200th said a lot - Question is, would we do it though?

I think that's a bit too drastic.

Our tradable assets (for the right price)
-Murphy (top 10 pick)
-Gibbs (top 10 pick)
-hendo (top 10 pick)
-yaz (top 15 pick)

I'd part with 2 of these blokes for that price, anymore and I feel like it would be too much.

Murph would be the one I'd want to trade the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a bit too drastic.

Our tradable assets (for the right price)
-Murphy (top 10 pick)
-Gibbs (top 10 pick)
-hendo (top 10 pick)
-yaz (top 15 pick)

I'd part with 2 of these blokes for that price, anymore and I feel like it would be too much.

Murph would be the one I'd want to trade the least.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murphy would be tradable largely due to age profile - no question that he contributes however @ 28, he will be 31-32 before we start getting serious about a move up the ladder. Imo, he offers the best bang/buck (imo, first round + good young player to the right club that is looking to push finals i.e. tigers/GWS/pies etc).

Thomas - is in same category as murphy (age profile) except he has no trade currency - so unfortunately he gets kept as part of the senior core...

Gibbs - younger than murphy so he stays by virtue of age - if rumours of gambling issues are true though, I'd prefer to let him go - though that is more that I don't have much time for gambling myself and would have concerns about potential influence on younger players.

hendo/yazz - think we are both in agreement here.

My reasoning for other players
walker - would add value to the right club but not what we need. If he nabbed us a 10-15 pick upgrade somewhere then I'd pull the trigger. If it is an earlier 10-15 pick upgrade, we get a good young player, if it is mid rounds, then it helps us out with f/s bidding.

kreuzer - certainly happy to keep for the right price but given his injury history, I would offer him 2 years or at a stretch 3 years at lower average salary. Imo, given his service he deserves better than that ($$ and years) - its just given where our list is at, we can't afford to take that risk. Provided kreuzer tracks well for the rest of the year, I would expect that certain clubs looking to contend near term might be prepared to accept that risk and offer 3 X big money or 4 X moderate (think back to otters being picked up by cats) - if the feedback from AFL is that is enough for first round compo, then I'd take it. If its end of first round, then 50:50 on whether we match.

Please stop mentioning A Walker as part of a trade scenario. He is absolutely cooked. No team would want him. I would think a huge chance to retire this year unless something drastically changes with his body. Has always relied on athleticism more than skill and footy nous IMO. That athleticism is all but gone, and therefore so is his career.

Please stop mentioning A Walker as part of a trade scenario. He is absolutely cooked. No team would want him. I would think a huge chance to retire this year unless something drastically changes with his body. Has always relied on athleticism more than skill and footy nous IMO. That athleticism is all but gone, and therefore so is his career.
Agree fully...

Yeah its a piece of piss to be able to slot goals from outside 50 with both feet, or run the length of the ground, weaving through the opposition, to kick a goal of the year contender, or to sit on the shoulders of a 200cm defender and take the screamer of the century...really not good at much except running fast and running all day.

I agree that he has no trade value due to his age and fragile body, and if he can't get back on the park this year, he will most likely retire, but the guy had unbelievable skill and nous when fit and healthy. In 2011 he kicked 56 goals while getting 14.5 touches as a forward and was robbed of All-Australian selection.
In 2013 he was an absolute general off half back with his run and carry and pin point passes setting up our play, averaging 23 touches, ranked 5th in the league for total bounces and 2nd in the league for rebound 50s, in a season that saw him come 2nd in our B&F and robbed again of All-Australian, which would have seen him make the squad 2 seasons apart at opposite ends of the ground. Could have been an outstanding midfielder too.
Unfortunately he only ever really managed to put 3-4 good, full seasons together without injury and they were never really back to back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that he has no trade value due to his age and fragile body, and if he can't get back on the park this year, he will most likely retire, but the guy had unbelievable skill and nous when fit and healthy. In 2011 he kicked 56 goals while getting 14.5 touches as a forward and was robbed of All-Australian selection.
In 2013 he was an absolute general off half back with his run and carry and pin point passes setting up our play, averaging 23 touches, ranked 5th in the league for total bounces and 2nd in the league for rebound 50s, in a season that saw him come 2nd in our B&F and robbed again of All-Australian, which would have seen him make the squad 2 seasons apart at opposite ends of the ground. Could have been an outstanding midfielder too.
Unfortunately he only ever really managed to put 3-4 good, full seasons together without injury and they were never really back to back.
Spot on. He has been an outstanding servant of the Carlton football club through a dark time, and was great to watch in his pomp. Really battled injury throughout the second half of his career but did so manfully.

Yeah its a piece of piss to be able to slot goals from outside 50 with both feet, or run the length of the ground, weaving through the opposition, to kick a goal of the year contender, or to sit on the shoulders of a 200cm defender and take the screamer of the century...really not good at much except running fast and running all day.

I definitely did NOT call him a poorly skilled player. BUT, he has definitely made a career out of being fitter and faster than most others. Any time he has been slowed down at all, he has been mostly average.

I do find it funny that you comment on him jumping on someones shoulders as his highlight, but refuse to believe his athleticism was a big part of it. Thats a bit Lolz

Carlton's board (MLG+Trigg) haven't even had a chance to have an influence at the club. We haven't had a coach/football department that they have even put together yet! They aren't the problem. Not to say the won't become a problem but what's in place is not their doing.

The coach isn't the problem at Carlton, Malthouse, Barker haven't been the problem. The board isn't the problem, they have been there all of five seconds. Our player development is only a very tiny barely significant spec of the problem at Carlton that people bring up to skip around the issue that our player sourcing has been rubbish. Our game plan is most certainly not the problem, regardless of whatever game play or style we go with we're boned.

Carlton's problem is that we have the worst list in the competition and one of the worst lists the Carlton Football Club has ever seen. It doesn't take a genius to see how this happened and under whose watch it happened. Now that's irrelevant. It's all about fixing the problem, doing it the right way with the right types of players with modern tried and true methods unrestricted by emotional attachment and the fear of failure.

The only good thing about Carlton's list and it's the big difference from the last time we hit rock bottom, is that we have a heap of reasonable players in their prime who are tradable and we don't have draft penalties and we might have some father son picks and we have a small group of decent young players. We actually have the opportunity to rebuild properly unlike last time.

When you have the worst list going around it's easy to identify everything (board, coach, game plan/style) as being a problem.

5 years. We have 5 years to get 2 top tall forwards, two top tall defenders, 3 top level onballers (minimum) and a couple of really good small/medium forwards and that's just a start. Only way to do it is if we trade top line players now while they have trade value. It's not possibly with conservative trading and taking the standard draft picks. Father Son selections will help providing they are good enough and we don't have to pay overs.

It's funny how poor a guy looks when he get's no preseason into him. I disagree that he's absolutely cooked. I do believe that he has no trade value. If he can get a preseason into him he'll be a valid servant in 2016. Vehemently disagree that he relies on athleticism more than skill - you don't achieve the types of things he has if that was the case.

Carlton's board (MLG+Trigg) haven't even had a chance to have an influence at the club. We haven't had a coach/football department that they have even put together yet! They aren't the problem. Not to say the won't become a problem but what's in place is not their doing.

The coach isn't the problem at Carlton, Malthouse, Barker haven't been the problem. The board isn't the problem, they have been there all of five seconds. Our player development is only a very tiny barely significant spec of the problem at Carlton that people bring up to skip around the issue that our player sourcing has been rubbish. Our game plan is most certainly not the problem, regardless of whatever game play or style we go with we're boned.

Carlton's problem is that we have the worst list in the competition and one of the worst lists the Carlton Football Club has ever seen. It doesn't take a genius to see how this happened and under whose watch it happened. Now that's irrelevant. It's all about fixing the problem, doing it the right way with the right types of players with modern tried and true methods unrestricted by emotional attachment and the fear of failure.

The only good thing about Carlton's list and it's the big difference from the last time we hit rock bottom, is that we have a heap of reasonable players in their prime who are tradable and we don't have draft penalties and we might have some father son picks and we have a small group of decent young players. We actually have the opportunity to rebuild properly unlike last time.

When you have the worst list going around it's easy to identify everything (board, coach, game plan/style) as being a problem.

5 years. We have 5 years to get 2 top tall forwards, two top tall defenders, 3 top level onballers (minimum) and a couple of really good small/medium forwards and that's just a start. Only way to do it is if we trade top line players now while they have trade value. It's not possibly with conservative trading and taking the standard draft picks. Father Son selections will help providing they are good enough and we don't have to pay overs.

That's just not correct gbatman

We've written up plenty over the course of the journey in respect to our top-end of town.
Everyone has started firing shots at them (Just listen to SEN yesterday)
They need to be exposed and held accountable for the direction they've put this club into and that won't happen until a full audit of the club is executed.

It's funny how poor a guy looks when he get's no preseason into him. I disagree that he's absolutely cooked. I do believe that he has no trade value. If he can get a preseason into him he'll be a valid servant in 2016. Vehemently disagree that he relies on athleticism more than skill - you don't achieve the types of things he has if that was the case.

Fair enough! IMO, skills and footy nous are epitomised by Sam Mitchell, Jimmy Bartel etc.. Guys who aren't the fastest, but are guns. I certainly think the balance for AW is more in favour of a game based around speed and jumping ability.

Guess we will see. Definitely needs to be fit soon and to put in a huge 6 months if he is any chance to play next year. I would think it is incredibly unlikely he stays on the list, let alone plays 10-20 games in 2016.

His knee is completely stuffed

And thats what it looks like.

I loved him early on. That game against the cats, wow. His huge year as a forward. His funny bedroom antics with Hoops.

But, unfortunately the body is shot. Go enjoy your life AW!

His knee is completely stuffed

Is it? It's more than just not having an off season to build from? I saw the latter. But if it is stuffed then my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back