Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overrating our players ridiculously in this thread. Bell for Aish is largely in our favour and won't get it done. Aish was a top 7 pick and showed great signs in his first year. His second year hasn't been as good due to off field distractions nevertheless he is still worth a late first round pick. And Bell isn't.

Agreed, but he is out of contract and if he nominates a preferred club then Brisbane will have to settle for unders. That is always the case when players nominate a club. Trading Bell to them, whilst not a 100% fair swap, is still not screwing them over as much as we possibly could.

Malcolm, that reminds of the cattle investment scam Great Southern were running in drought zones a few years ago.

Makes sense, Bruce.

We are in a devastating drought and we certainly need the cattle!

You wouldn't expect Aish to be at that level at the age of 19. That's a crazy comparison. His output has been better than any of our recent draftees (excluding Cripps) and he's having a so called 'bad year'. Lots of young kids have a case of the second year blues. Aish for Bell would be a huge win for us. A top 10 pick with 10+ years ahead of him vs a player who made it off the rookie list with 5 years or so left.

true and i dont expect aish to be @ judd or a williams level

but I stand by my comment i would not trade bell from aish ....

yarran , henderson and few others that dont want to be @ the club , i would be happy to trade out for aish

ps; i would give another club a draft pick to take liam jones !!

I agree Bell for Aish is a long term win for Carlton. The Blues need to trade out their turnover merchants while they still have currency. That's why Curnow should be top of the list. He's a disaster by both hand and foot. These types of players cost games when the heat is really on.

Bell is a gamebreaker at his best and his work as an enforcer is glorious, but he's 24 and still primarily an athlete. To get back to the top we need FOOTBALLERS, guys with smarts and skills who consistently make and execute the right decisions. Provided that Aish fits the required personality profile this could be a big win for us... buy low, sell high.

So the one player in Bell who can show aggression is going to be let go? Judd, Carazzon done... Robinson gone... The only midfielder we have with Kahootz is Bell.. Sorry can't see Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas taking the hits that Bell would... Bell is our only unsociable player we need more.

Cripps shows aggression............so do Graham and Holman.

If we are to seriously plan for the future, we can't be just looking one year at a time.
The vision has to be in place now and a commitment to gaining all the players and types we need.

We're going to be drafting in quite a number of young midfielders over the next two or three years. We need players like Tom Bell who are unafraid to take the beltings that will be given to the likes of Cripps and other youngsters as they develop. If you want to kill Cripps and co then go right ahead and trade Bell so they've got little to no support.

As much as Judd elevated Murphy and Gibbs's games imagine what would have happened had they not been copping it week in week out early in their careers. It's certainly held them back as far as I'm concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're going to be drafting in quite a number of young midfielders over the next two or three years. We need players like Tom Bell who are unafraid to take the beltings that will be given to the likes of Cripps and other youngsters as they develop. If you want to kill Cripps and co then go right ahead and trade Bell so they've got little to no support.

As much as Judd elevated Murphy and Gibbs's games imagine what would have happened had they not been copping it week in week out early in their careers. It's certainly held them back as far as I'm concerned.
I agree.

I think we also need to be careful not to overreact too much after games like that Hawks match.

While there's no doubt we have some poor ball users (ones who miss a target 20m in the clear come to mind) , in games like that even our best users would (and did) turn the ball over. Quite simply that comes down to not structuring up well and having no proper targets to kick to. It was plain as day watching the game, even the best disposer in the comp would have struggled to find a target at times.

With this in mind, Bell may not be elite but nowadays I don't actually think he's one of real butchers and has improved a lot to go with his other obvious attributes.

Certainly prefer to keep him.

Very good point and I missed that idea, earlier. :thumbsu:

Last thing we want is for the young bodies to be smashed before full maturity.

Cripps is already carrying way too many expectations from the CFC.........and us supporters.

Any steak knives?

No steak knives for Selwood but if you order within the next 15 minutes you'll get this for absolutely free.

201005141633387250.gif

Cripps shows aggression............so do Graham and Holman.

If we are to seriously plan for the future, we can't be just looking one year at a time.
The vision has to be in place now and a commitment to gaining all the players and types we need.
As has already been said can't have kids in Cripps being targeted until fully developed like bell is.. And who knows if Graham, Holman will make the best 22 moving forward. Bell is our only mid atm who kicks goals consistently and has improved considerably.. We finally develop our own beast and I don't think Judd would've taken him under his wing if there wasn't something he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back