Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

or your mum gave you pocket money today and you've been down to dan murphys all day

Actually I had my child at 24, who is now 7.
Ah so now I see what's up, you just left your glorious 20's and the future is being an old fart like me, but don't worry it's not that bad, I had my first at 33 she is now 18, but I also have a 7 year old as well.

Great time when they are this age, still young enough that they like being with you but not to young ie. no nappies.

Having read through this it appears that the only bluntness in here are the rehashed complaints about how we made mistakes letting go and bringing in players.

may be just me, but I have a nagging sense of deja vu

Who said liam jones, tutt or robinson or wiley would be the x factor players to take us from a top 8 to a top 4 team? Certainly not me. But obviously some kids with 0 AFL experience wont do it either.
You made a broad sweeping statement about no trades , there were few players traded that would have really benefitted us. Of course we are better placed with youth and the untapped potential, you have no idea how they'll develop

yeah I wish, don't worry you'll lose the arrogance in a few more years.

After living so many years interstate, I've realised the only way to fit in around melbourne is to be arrogant. Sorry but it will only get worse.

You made a broad sweeping statement about no trades , there were few players traded that would have really benefitted us. Of course we are better placed with youth and the untapped potential, you have no idea how they'll develop

And free agency. More so free agency, not just on this year either.

Losing matt white has been a bigger loss than the gain of houli, grigg, pettard and chaplin.

After living so many years interstate, I've realised the only way to fit in around melbourne is to be arrogant. Sorry but it will only get worse.

Lol, Fair enough I was shockingly arrogant at your age, my wife and sister still think I am, but age does temper it, a tiny bit

I did the reverse lived up until my early 30's in Melbourne then moved to Perth to have kids and buy a house etc that was back when you could afford to buy a house in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, Fair enough I was shockingly arrogant at your age, my wife and sister still think I am, but age does temper it, a tiny bit

I did the reverse lived up until my early 30's in Melbourne then moved to Perth to have kids and buy a house etc that was back when you could afford to buy a house in Perth.

Spent a year there. Gold mine if you got in early. Beautiful place.

Losing matt white has been a bigger loss than the gain of houli, grigg, pettard and chaplin.
I'm still pissed off with Matt, we stuck by him through the years he was at best ordinary and he buggers off just as he started to hit his straps.

I think Houli cops a bit of an unfair ragging he was down last year and had to address some "courage' issues it seemed, but this year he backed into plenty of packs and he seems to be getting back to his best, Pettard does the job we bought him for, he's no star but he gives his all, Grigg is the biggest disappointment at this stage he has gone backwards and needs to lift his game this year or move on, imo.

I'm still pissed off with Matt, we stuck by him through the years he was at best ordinary and he buggers off just as he started to hit his straps.

I think Houli cops a bit of an unfair ragging he was down last year and had to address some "courage' issues it seemed, but this year he backed into plenty of packs and he seems to be getting back to his best, Pettard does the job we bought him for, he's no star but he gives his all, Grigg is the biggest disappointment at this stage he has gone backwards and needs to lift his game this year or move on, imo.

I actually like pettard for his consistent effort and courage, fits in well. But, matty white is unique and hard to replace. I doubt he was asking for too much coin to stay at the club.

Back on w.a. , yanchep lagoon, perfect swimming hole. Still, I love living in melbourne more, all the arrogent and pretentious pricks aside.

In recent years , even when we weren't even making finals, we proved we can beat the best on our day. But when it matters, like finals and honoring a great like tommy hafey against a side still scrubbing the poo from the toilet bowl with a wire brush. WE CAN'T!

What is it?
The simple answer is can't hack a bit of pressure.

What is it really?

Want the player who can lead a team with his ability and off field demeanor.

didnt want us getting more role players who were available. Not dissapointed that we didnt get Trengrove even before he failed the medical.

Would rather we launch for a Dangerfield type. Now that would be exciting.

In recent years , even when we weren't even making finals, we proved we can beat the best on our day. But when it matters, like finals and honoring a great like tommy hafey against a side still scrubbing the poo from the toilet bowl with a wire brush. WE CAN'T!

What is it?
The simple answer is can't hack a bit of pressure.

What is it really?

The simple answer is we can't hack a bit of pressure.

I agree with the idea of working within certain constraints during FA. I like the fact the club doesn't want to go so hard after one player they have 1 or 2 others walk out as the newbie walks in....
I don't want players who are purely mersinary, I want players who want to play for RFC and want to fit in (to an extent) with what we're doing. Of course money is a factor I get that, but it's not the be all etc....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back