Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

If it hasn't been mentioned already. To those suggesting we don't push hard enough for FA's, I have some questions.
How hard should we push ? & how hard have we pushed ? If you have answers to the 2nd question who is your inside source (or how reliable are they?)....

If it hasn't been mentioned already. To those suggesting we don't push hard enough for FA's, I have some questions.
How hard should we push ? & how hard have we pushed ? If you have answers to the 2nd question who is your inside source (or how reliable are they?)....
Now you've done it.

It's like The Big Bang Theory when someone asks Sheldon to explain. Everyone groans and shakes their heads. Then Sheldon bores everyone to death with his answer.

What truth, do you mean your opinion, or cant you handle the truth?

Isn't that a quote by Jack Nicolson from a Tom cruse movie, where Jack played an angry General down in Guantanimo ???

Losing matt white has been a bigger loss than the gain of houli, grigg, pettard and chaplin.

Are you saying that losing M. White was a greater loss than gaining 4 other players ???? If so....:oops::$

I actually like pettard for his consistent effort and courage, fits in well. But, matty white is unique and hard to replace. I doubt he was asking for too much coin to stay at the club.

Back on w.a. , yanchep lagoon, perfect swimming hole. Still, I love living in melbourne more, all the arrogent and pretentious pricks aside.
I think the real issue with Matty may have been the length of contract as well, I wish we had kept him but I guess you cant blame him for getting the best deal he could, Id be worry about his hammies in the long term although Port have one of the best fitness people going

I live in Heathridge, near Joondalup just down the road from Mullaloo beach but head to Yanchep on occasions, they have extended Marmion av so that it goes all the way to Yanchep now, so it is only 20mins drive away it is nearly an outer suburb now, I have a couple of friends that couldn't afford to live in our area that moved there.

I loved Melbourne especially in footy season but hated the changing weather my dad lives at Phillip Island which is nice and my wife and I nearly moved there but it's too hard to get work.

Perth is gradually shaking off the wait awhile tag but very slowly, great place to bring up kids though as long as they like the beach.

Do I remember incorrectly the club making frawley related comments or was it just bigfooty voices in my head? I doubt there wasn't one club calculating a frawley interest.
Like most things you complain about on here, was the voices inside your head.
Not once did anybody from the club said we were going after Frawley.

If it wasn't silly season this thread would be done long ago.

Like most things you complain about on here, was the voices inside your head.
Not once did anybody from the club said we were going after Frawley.

If it wasn't silly season this thread would be done long ago.

I think it was from bigfooty , on the richmond board, that made me think we were after him.

From an age article in pre season 2014. "The Tigers don't have a single All-Australian-calibre player in their back line and will not win a premiership without either developing or acquiring one."

That was fairly said, only that suddenly Rance became an All Australian. Had that not happened, would we have made a bid?

I think the real issue with Matty may have been the length of contract as well, I wish we had kept him but I guess you cant blame him for getting the best deal he could, Id be worry about his hammies in the long term although Port have one of the best fitness people going

I live in Heathridge, near Joondalup just down the road from Mullaloo beach but head to Yanchep on occasions, they have extended Marmion av so that it goes all the way to Yanchep now, so it is only 20mins drive away it is nearly an outer suburb now, I have a couple of friends that couldn't afford to live in our area that moved there.

I loved Melbourne especially in footy season but hated the changing weather my dad lives at Phillip Island which is nice and my wife and I nearly moved there but it's too hard to get work.

Perth is gradually shaking off the wait awhile tag but very slowly, great place to bring up kids though as long as they like the beach.

Also spent time living in joondalup, a house just across the road with an under pass to walk to the arena.

Don't remember Heathridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heisenberg_ not every thread is meant to be all about standing in a circle holding hands and singing with a pocket full of posies.

Also spent time living in joondalup, a house just across the road with an under pass to walk to the arena.

Don't remember Heathridge.
Just a little tree filled suburb just down towards the beach just off Ocean Reef Rd and Marmion Ave, used to be full of rentals but getting too pricey for many rental properties to remain, Joondalup is growing like crazy, they just doubled the size of the shopping centre and added a Myers etc.

They need to be in reality though.
To be fair there was talk of this over the last few years in newspapers and on the forums, I agree that the improvement of Rance probably but an end to those thoughts though, not sure if any of this came from those who count within the recruiting department though.

To be blunt - we haven't sold the farm to get people in. Fundamental strategy we have. Collingwood, North, Essendon have paid overs to get players. I'd even say that of Port for White. The FA system is like that, you have to offer more than the going market rate to get someone. Either money, years on contract, or a shot at the title. We have been keeping the cash (yearly rate and number of years). I guess hoping that we go top 4, win a final or two and then become attractive to good players for less $. If so it's a very good policy, as long as we actually win the games.

Are you saying that losing M. White was a greater loss than gaining 4 other players ???? If so....:oops::$

How the heck did we lose Whitey for nothing yet the Spud goes to Whoreks for a first round pick?

AFL lift or even push or something FFS.

I think it was from bigfooty , on the richmond board, that made me think we were after him.

From an age article in pre season 2014. "The Tigers don't have a single All-Australian-calibre player in their back line and will not win a premiership without either developing or acquiring one."

That was fairly said, only that suddenly Rance became an All Australian. Had that not happened, would we have made a bid?
rance was unlucky not to be AA before this year. he's show considerable improvement year on year before that article. grimes before his injuries was looking good as well. oh and we picked up chaplin and had like the 3rd best defence for points conceeded in the league... there was never any need to spend big on frawley whose done nothing since 2010.

good on the reigning prmiers for getting him, he suits their team to a tee. he wasn't going to go anywhere else besides there or the cats. he wants to win games and win finals hence his choice.

we would never have chosen him as evidenced by our faith in astbury. who would've been an AA contender if not for another random injury. add elton showing good form as a backman in the 2nd half of the year in the vfl and we have some options without the need to spend 800k on frawley.

add to this the ability to draft a good kpd with our first pick this year had we needed to.
a considered decision in hindsight from the club imo.

Me trying to avoid this thread..

oIsKpXd.gif

rance was unlucky not to be AA before this year. he's show considerable improvement year on year before that article. grimes before his injuries was looking good as well. oh and we picked up chaplin and had like the 3rd best defence for points conceeded in the league... there was never any need to spend big on frawley whose done nothing since 2010.

good on the reigning prmiers for getting him, he suits their team to a tee. he wasn't going to go anywhere else besides there or the cats. he wants to win games and win finals hence his choice.

we would never have chosen him as evidenced by our faith in astbury. who would've been an AA contender if not for another random injury. add elton showing good form as a backman in the 2nd half of the year in the vfl and we have some options without the need to spend 800k on frawley.

add to this the ability to draft a good kpd with our first pick this year had we needed to.
a considered decision in hindsight from the club imo.

It's easy to ride the highs and enjoy the player improvement at the club you love and over value them. that is re Astbury being an AA contender. He looked great when everyone was in s**t form and Rance was injured. But to his credit he did step up beyond what I thought he would have, and hope to see that continue on his return. Who goes out for him?

He said all sucks
Eager for replies
Lined up his little ducks
Littered with some lies
Only the axe would work

Tiger fans were dumb
In tough calls we shirk
Getting overcome
Every post sounded old
Ringing echoes now gone

It sounded very sus
More fake than blunt
Perhaps it was only us
Or did we miss the bus
Several defended the club
Tigers through and through
Even Matty the super sub
Rallied to save this thread from poo

He said all sucks
Eager for replies
Lined up his little ducks
Littered with some lies
Only the axe would work

Tiger fans were dumb
In tough calls we shirk
Getting overcome
Every post sounded old
Ringing echoes now gone

It sounded very sus
More fake than blunt
Perhaps it was only us
Or did we miss the bus
Several defended the club
Tigers through and through
Even Matty the super sub
Rallied to save this thread from poo

Yet rfctiger74 can't stay away
He's been checking the thread all day
He says it's should be in the bay
But he's here to stay.

Have a nice day.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Alex Rance should have won the Jack Dyer medal.

There is an elitist favourtism attitude within the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back