Cars & Transportation Bogans on Public Transport - Time to Make a Stand

Remove this Banner Ad

Last month I was sitting daydreaming on the right-hand side of the escalator when this bird came up behind and flashed her headlights at me.

Joke's on her, she was immediately arrested for indecent exposure.

5 minutes prior to this incident, the poor guy received a phone call from Box Hill hospital regarding his mothers extremely poor health (cancer). He accidentally blocks your path while contemplating his mothers options in a dream-like state, when told to move out of his way "mate" by a condescending arrogant bigot. His bottled emotions get the better of him as you brush past, and he gives you a slight push to the back.

So instead of acting like a normal, rational person who doesn't immediately turn to violence in order to solve a minor situation... you grab him by the scruff, throw him to the ground and generalise/categorize him as a "typical public transport bogan". Congrats mate, your parents would be proud.

Last month I was sitting daydreaming on the right-hand side of the escalator when this bird came up behind and flashed her headlights at me.

Joke's on her, she was immediately arrested.

I'm not surprised, a moving stairwell is a ridiculous place to drive a car.

As poorly expressed as the OP was, you must be a massive pussy if you're going to let a stranger push you. I wouldn't advise on flogging the bloke, too much trouble for yourself with either the risk of a kicking or getting into some strife with Vicpol, but the fact no one's called out that dude says something. At least verbally stand up for yourself. Such a precious culture where no one can be offended, but if you offend someone, they're the a-hole for calling you out on it.

Essentially you were right to be upset; he acted out, it's totally uncivil to abuse someone for something they have a right to innocuously ask, but jesus christ I had a chortle at "ragdolled." What a sight. I wish this was at Parliament with those massive, 25 metre sets of escalators. Probably a bit macho and shameful and you're lucky to have no repercussions. And it is seemingly a plea for 'I'm hard, validate me' (...) and you ended up being the aggressive bogan in the end. But to an extent, I can empathise with you getting angry. It should anger most people. But it shouldn't make you hit the bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting aside a silly notion like 'was in punching distance, not knifing distance'…say the guy who pushed you did have a knife…except that it wasn't in his bag, say it was in his pocket…say you couldn't put him down before getting it out and say he does some damage to you? Say he gets the better of you in the physical altercation and you end up seriously hurt? Would it really be worth it? Just to live up to some vague idea of 'bravery' and wanting to put some knob in their place?

I astonished by the amount of keyboard warriors who have responded to this thread. A bogan starts a physical altercation and gets put in his place and you have the audacity to call into question my actions????? Very sad reflection of the ingrained fear and cowardice in today's society.

It's not fear or cowardice, it's being the bigger person and not stooping to the rock ape's level. Retaliating or using physical force doesn't "teach them a lesson", it just breeds ill-feeling and resentment.

Never even knew there even were "overtaking lanes" on escalators in the first place....

It's not fear or cowardice, it's being the bigger person and not stooping to the rock ape's level. Retaliating or using physical force doesn't "teach them a lesson", it just breeds ill-feeling and resentment.

Never even knew there even were "overtaking lanes" on escalators in the first place....

It's not working.

Yes there is.

a while ago i as at flinders st station with my bicycle - I was catching a train out to somewhere I hadn't been before, so it took a couple of minutes to work out what platform I needed to go to-

When I worked it out, there was only a minute before it departed -

As I headed towards the elavator, the doors closed and a lift full of people went down to the platform - It was then I saw the train pull up to the platform...

No time to wait for the elevator to come back up for another load - Headed to the escalator while carrying my bike. It'll be ok, I've carried it up and down stairs plenty of times...

Start walking down the escalator, then have to stop, as halfway down the escalator, was a very large woman. She blocked all access for anyone to get past her, let alone someone with a bike. She stood motionless as the escalators made their slow crawl to the platform. Passengers alight from the recently arrived train, and those who were waiting step on to their carraiges. Still the large woman stood motionless as she reached three quarters of the way down the staircase. The people behind her fidget on their feet as they contemplate a way past her to reach the train before it leaves. But there is no way, there was never a way -

As the train doors close and the horn toots to signal it's departure, the large woman finally reaches the bottom of the staircase, with a momententary pause once at the bottom before seemingly working up the energy to begin her waddle to the nearest seat to wait. The train is long gone by the time the cluster of people are able to disperse from the temporary captivity they were held in.

As I found a place to sit to wait out the 20 minutes before the following train, I contemplated the fact that no one had got overly annoyed at the woman, or asked her to move, even though it was evident that quite a few people would've made the train in time had she not been there, including me.

Apparently, it seems, I should have pushed past her, while carrying my bike, and then procede to rag-doll her to the ground (although not bad enough to injure)..

Yeah, you're a bitch if you just ignore a guy after he pushes you for seemingly nothing.

I don't know I still have many ape parts in me, I can't take disrespect on the chin otherwise I won't get the nice branch and ape chicks won't come to me.

Stuff is a bit sanitised, the bloke that got ragged only got a crinkled shirt, no biggie. I see people hesitant to address s**t that is irritating them on a daily basis. Seems like there's an erosion of confidence in western society.

Yeah, you're a bitch if you just ignore a guy after he pushes you for seemingly nothing.

I don't know I still have many ape parts in me, I can't take disrespect on the chin otherwise I won't get the nice branch and ape chicks won't come to me.

Stuff is a bit sanitised, the bloke that got ragged only got a crinkled shirt, no biggie. I see people hesitant to address s**t that is irritating them on a daily basis. Seems like there's an erosion of confidence in western society.

There is a difference between confidence, and picking someone and throwing them to the ground. I would certainly say something to the initial pusher – of course I wouldn't just take it – but I wouldn't fight fire with fire.

Plus as each day goes by you have more chance of someone filming you or calling the cops or suing you or whatever. Better not to take the risk, by not using violence at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back