bruce29

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Melb. Storm, Steelers
Im not a Weagles fan, but I do get annoyed when people boo Cousins. Its happened a lot tonight vs. St Kilda. Ok fair enough, he took drugs. But he admitted to it, seeked rehab, and is now clean. So leave him alone, and let him play football

it was always going to happen.

Even as eagles fan it doesn't annoy because it was always expected.

and plus, listening to it on the radio i know whos got the ball before the commentators can tell me :)

Well, Cuz didn't seem to mind the booing in the second half.

21 disposals in the second half, after throwing up on several occasions in the first.
How hoarse are your throats Saints fans?

Keep booing him everyone, doesn't seem to bother him :thumbsu:

Cousins is back and better than before. When the other fans want booing him. Well they can do it. He will play better and better.

Ridiculous parochialism - it's an unattractive quality that seems to be eternal. The high moral ground is a sad and lonely place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are never going to stop the kind of people who will boo certain players.

I just reckon its a waste of time , and if anything it spurs the player on (such as Wayne Carey most weeks in the 90's....and beyond)

You know you've made it as a player when people boo you. (unless you've done something filthy that game). It definitely spurs them on. I love watching Cousins play, except when he is tearing us a new one.....:p

Don't really condone booing of any player, but I guess Cousin's is an established drug-cheat who somehow avoided any penalty from the AFL. Hence the crowd reaction. It's a shame, because this is going to taint Cousin's career forever. :)

Don't really condone booing of any player, but I guess Cousin's is an established drug-cheat who somehow avoided any penalty from the AFL. Hence the crowd reaction. It's a shame, because this is going to taint Cousin's career forever. :)

yeah sure thing Parrot, can see where you get your nickname from

at least ben cousins has a reason to be booed.

can some one tell me why barry hall is booed? at subiaco especially.

he will be booed tonight for only because he is a good player.

It's pathetic. But then again most things about footy supporters are pathetic these days. They say they boo Cousins because he's a drug cheat. Well the same imbiciles also boo players like Buckley just for being good. They boo umpires at the end of each quarter and blame them for their team losing.

They think each and every player in their own team is brave, loyal and true whereas players in other teams are pieces of crap. You'll never stop idiot behaviour at the footy, a lot of supporters leave their brains at the turnstyle and pick it up on their way out.

You only have to look at the morons in this forum to understand what I'm talking about.

yeah i think it was that tribunal let off for the stomach punch to the saint kilda player. Granted it was a terrific grand final you guys one that year we are even now ;)

Who was that Saints player anyway?

I'll be honest i don't really like barry hall, I picked him up in my dream team and he's done FA

he is booed because he totally deserves it. He nearly always gets off his reports because of lack of footage.

It's pathetic. But then again most things about footy supporters are pathetic these days. They say they boo Cousins because he's a drug cheat. Well the same imbiciles also boo players like Buckley just for being good. They boo umpires at the end of each quarter and blame them for their team losing.

They think each and every player in their own team is brave, loyal and true whereas players in other teams are pieces of crap. You'll never stop idiot behaviour at the footy, a lot of supporters leave their brains at the turnstyle and pick it up on their way out.

You only have to look at the morons in this forum to understand what I'm talking about.

Umpires have been known many times to cost teams the game. that bulldogs/saints draw i was there and the umpiring was shocking for both sides and they were booed. they deserved to get booed off for being so bad. Fair enough they are only human but they make more mistakes then they actually get right.

Umpires have been known many times to cost teams the game. that bulldogs/saints draw i was there and the umpiring was shocking for both sides and they were booed. they deserved to get booed off for being so bad. Fair enough they are only human but they make more mistakes then they actually get right.

That's rubbish to start with. You just notice the odd poor call they make and forget about the 100s of decisions they have to make each match. They are making decisions all day long. Awarding free kicks are only a part of an umpire's duties.

As for booing them because they cost teams games, then I can only assume they have determined the result of every game this season because they have been booed at every damned one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back