Brad Sewell to bring some sanity to the MRP

Remove this Banner Ad

Trial by media was just as big a part of the old system. But I'm hoping that getting rid of the stupid illogical points system they had will mean we get some new wrinkle to complain about at least

Back to the old days I say .. If you get pinged Friday / Saturday ... The case should be heard Sunday night
... As soon as the media get hold of it .. They decide the penalty ... Not the tribunal

After Buddy put that hit on that Gold Coast kid ... And got a pass, that's when I truly believed this process is a complete joke. If he was in a Hawks jumper, 100% would have been gawn!

Until the AFL accept precedent ... Like any other court ... This whole thing is a mess

Back to the old days I say .. If you get pinged Friday / Saturday ... The case should be heard Sunday night
... As soon as the media get hold of it .. They decide the penalty ... Not the tribunal

After Buddy put that hit on that Gold Coast kid ... And got a pass, that's when I truly believed this process is a complete joke. If he was in a Hawks jumper, 100% would have been gawn!

Until the AFL accept precedent ... Like any other court ... This whole thing is a mess
Even Sunday night is too late with some reports or dangerous looking hits from big name players making the back page the next morning and being points of discussion pre game for the rest of the weekend. Depending on how boring a game might be the media bandwagon could be at full speed before the game ends.

Under the old MRP system a tentative grading should have been made immediately after the game, or even during, by a rep of the MRP. This would've given them a chance to compare before and after they'd seen the footage on tv a hundred times in slow-mo with emotive language about how the player was inches from never playing again.

The old system where a match was reviewed right after the final siren, and the league would make any reports
There was instant media bans, where any reports COULD NOT be reported on
It stopped the trial by media

Luke Ball and Brad Sewell are both intelligent men with insights on how the game was played that they can bring to the table. Couple their appointment with the changes made to the system by the AFL, and I'm fairly confident that some sanity will indeed be brought to the MRP in 2015.

Luke Ball and Brad Sewell are both intelligent men with insights on how the game was played that they can bring to the table. Couple their appointment with the changes made to the system by the AFL, and I'm fairly confident that some sanity will indeed be brought to the MRP in 2015.

I see what you did there... combining the words 'AFL' and 'sanity' in the same sentence. Good one. lol.

The worst part is the inconsistency. If they get that right, then I'll be content!
YOUR RIGHT. IF THEY STUFF UP AND YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT , THEN THE NEXT WEEK THE SAME DECISION , THEN I CAN LIVE WITH THAT TOO. BUT CALLING SOMETHING ON ONE PLAYER, AND CHANGING THE SAME THING FOR ANOTHER IS ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back