Breakaway Random Discussion - Warnock, Jacobs, Daisy, Historical List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

504955-1712deb8-5627-11e3-8753-b885d06300c5.jpg

Nick Holman is 188cm. Cripps is only a bit taller than him. I'd say max 190-191 cm.

Nick Holman is 188cm. Cripps is only a bit taller than him. I'd say max 190-191 cm.

Mate, you're trolling and you're wasting our time.

2 year old photo by the way.

It is an example of how we managed our list over time though. Wait for a shortage as we had before these 4, and then over compensate. The same with tough inside mids and small forwards. 2010 the KP binge draft. We just lacked that longer term planning with the list and as in other areas of the club were reactive instead of proactive in thought. Anyway no pressure SOS.. ;)

I agree. Missing talia, then binging on Watson and 2 others that are no longer at the Club. * we are s**t.

Last edited:
yeah - every player Carlton has ever had that left and is playing 'better' somewhere else - is only playing 'better' because they are somewhere else...

wot a load of self serving BOLLOCKS

Bollocks???

Kennedy
Eddie
Grigg
Waite
Jacobs
Garlett
Robinson

Are all better for the move.

2 nearly 3 (Jacobs) all-Australians in that list.

Ask yourself would that had happened if they were at Carlton.

I agree. Missing talia, then binging on Watson and 2 others that are no longer at the Club. **** we are s**t.

If Lucas was the exception rather than the norm then it wouldn't get brought up so often. Change to our recruiting methods was long overdue.

Bollocks???

Kennedy
Eddie
Grigg
Waite
Jacobs
Garlett
Robinson

Jacobs, Betts and Kennedy are all clearly better off for having left Carlton. The development program we did have in place was not as effective as other programs. Change happening here as well.

Look at the title of the thread. Breakaway ''random'' discussion. RANDOM

lol

sauceee

Photoshopped? It says on his official wikipedia page that he is 175 cm.. no way he can be as tall as Kruezer

check it out;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Cripps

Yeah I thought he would be at least 188-190 as well

Your'e not too bright or very good at trolling now are you.

Now don't come back now!

BYE!

Bollocks???

Kennedy
Eddie
Grigg
Waite
Jacobs
Garlett
Robinson

Kennedy is a red herring - how many years has been not at Carlton?
Jacobs like all ruckmen get better with age - but I woudl have never bought Warnock in and my views on Warnock are boringly repetitive and have been for years.
/Waite/Eddie/Jeff and Robinson are playing no better where they are than when they played for us.

Grigg ? seriously?...lol glad he left soft outside hack.

So why do you follow us? Why put yourself through the pain? You could go & watch local footy or the TAC Cup & take some negativity out of your life.

I can't speak for the other guy, but for me I grew up in Carlton and have never, will never support another club. It is completely decided. I'd never get my wife's name tattooed - something might change! - but I'd get a CFC tat because it's a life long commitment. It hurts me that we have been so crap. It offends me that we have clearly put the wrong people in charge. It saddens me that we just don't seem to get what it takes to even compete at the elite level any more.

There are signs we are getting it. And a big part of that is acknowledging the many, consistent howlers the club has made in the past decade. We mishandled a great opportunity by having too many AFL ready ruckman. We didn't believe Betts was as good as all indicators said he was. We overpaid for Judd. We topped up when we needed to build. We held Fev too long. We rushed to buy McLean for no good reason. We have a horrible record of wasting picks between 10-30 and getting nothing. All of this is true.

Future starts now, though, so let's work out what we SHOULD have done and try to recognise that equivalent option in the here and now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't speak for the other guy, but for me I grew up in Carlton and have never, will never support another club. It is completely decided. I'd never get my wife's name tattooed - something might change! - but I'd get a CFC tat because it's a life long commitment. It hurts me that we have been so crap. It offends me that we have clearly put the wrong people in charge. It saddens me that we just don't seem to get what it takes to even compete at the elite level any more.

There are signs we are getting it. And a big part of that is acknowledging the many, consistent howlers the club has made in the past decade. We mishandled a great opportunity by having too many AFL ready ruckman. We didn't believe Betts was as good as all indicators said he was. We overpaid for Judd. We topped up when we needed to build. We held Fev too long. We rushed to buy McLean for no good reason. We have a horrible record of wasting picks between 10-30 and getting nothing. All of this is true.

Future starts now, though, so let's work out what we SHOULD have done and try to recognise that equivalent option in the here and now.
Good post, though I don't agree with some of it (we did not overpay for Judd, because you can't put a price on what he brought to the club after 2 wooden spoons & a second bottom finish).

We knew how good Betts could be (2011 particularly demonstrated that), but he was always going to Adelaide, where he is receiving star midfielder money. It would have been irresponsible to even go close to matching Adelaide's offer.

As far as putting the wrong people in charge, Swann is one of the best administrators in the game, that is why Pratt made him one of his first priorities & Trigg has already shown that he is prepared to make the right decisions to bring our club into the 21st Century, because the reality is, despite some steps in the right direction, we have been operating like a 20th Century club. I believe Swann was hamstrung by his masters.

Realistically, my main 'beef' with the other poster was his description of our club as "s**t". Yes we have made a lot of mistakes along the way, but the club is not "s**t" & if anyone feels that way, well perhaps they should get something else in their life that they don't believe is "s**t". Life is too short to be wasted on things you believe are "s**t".

Good try now get lost!
Yeah sure bye. It was fun, most other boards don't really react to very little/crappy trolls like this. Maybe kind of defines the sensitive board this board is itself.

Yeah I still reckon he is about 189-190 cm. Funny how sensitive you guys get a player's height. It's a height! Who cares?

Yeah sure bye. It was fun, most other boards don't really react to very little/crappy trolls like this. Maybe kind of defines the sensitive board this board is itself.

Yeah I still reckon he is about 189-190 cm. Funny how sensitive you guys get a player's height. It's a height! Who cares?

So you admit you are trolling.

Guess what ..............

No one cares what you think and someone, maybe even you, edited Cripps's wiki page yesterday!

Troll fail!

Good post, though I don't agree with some of it (we did not overpay for Judd, because you can't put a price on what he brought to the club after 2 wooden spoons & a second bottom finish).

We knew how good Betts could be (2011 particularly demonstrated that), but he was always going to Adelaide, where he is receiving star midfielder money. It would have been irresponsible to even go close to matching Adelaide's offer.

As far as putting the wrong people in charge, Swann is one of the best administrators in the game, that is why Pratt made him one of his first priorities & Trigg has already shown that he is prepared to make the right decisions to bring our club into the 21st Century, because the reality is, despite some steps in the right direction, we have been operating like a 20th Century club. I believe Swann was hamstrung by his masters.

Realistically, my main 'beef' with the other poster was his description of our club as "s**t". Yes we have made a lot of mistakes along the way, but the club is not "s**t" & if anyone feels that way, well perhaps they should get something else in their life that they don't believe is "s**t". Life is too short to be wasted on things you believe are "s**t".

Realistically Greg Swann has done very little since leaving Collingwood to warrant the 'one of the best administrators in the game' label. Very little in the way of movement at our club during his tenure, and Trigg and MLG have had a whole lot of work to do in ' resetting' the club.

Realistically Greg Swann has done very little since leaving Collingwood to warrant the 'one of the best administrators in the game' label. Very little in the way of movement at our club during his tenure, and Trigg and MLG have had a whole lot of work to do in ' resetting' the club.
Swann was a key part of getting Judd to the club & was involved in turning our financial situation around to the extent of us recording profits, after a number of years of losses. Subsequently he wasn't helped by the sacking of Ratten, resulting in a large payout, or the downward slide in our onfield performance, leading to falls in membership number & attendances.

There is a reason why the AFL hand-picked Swann for the Brisbane gig.

Swann was also integral in getting Malthouse and Daisy, and failed to address the list management debacle that got us where we are. The profits were small and membership fell way behind our competitors. Good CEOs don't leave a club in the state he left ours.

Swann was also integral in getting Malthouse and Daisy, and failed to address the list management debacle that got us where we are. The profits were small and membership fell way behind our competitors. Good CEOs don't leave a club in the state he left ours.
I thought the Board chased Malthouse (after Sticks sacked Ratten) & according to many of our supporters, Malthouse was responsible for bringing Daisy to the club.

Swann did the job with one hand tied behind his back due to the interference of the board & this is the big difference between why Collingwood built themselves into a powerhouse on Swann's watch & why our club hasn't. It is no coincidence Swann was also able to rescue the Williamstown Football Club when the VFL had decided they should merge with Werribee because they had become a basket case.

As I have already stated, our club has continued to try & run like a 20th Century club, while all others are operating in the AFL environment as it is now. Finally it would seem we are moving in the right direction, but this will only happen if Trigg is allowed to do the job he was employed to do. On the flipside, if the Board hobble Trigg as well, we will still be in the same position in 5 years time.

Kennedy is a red herring - how many years has been not at Carlton?
Jacobs like all ruckmen get better with age - but I woudl have never bought Warnock in and my views on Warnock are boringly repetitive and have been for years.
/Waite/Eddie/Jeff and Robinson are playing no better where they are than when they played for us.

Grigg ? seriously?...lol glad he left soft outside hack.

Arrrr.... No.... they are all playing better and more consistent. If you can't see that you might wanna get ur head out of the sand.

So why do you follow us? Why put yourself through the pain? You could go & watch local footy or the TAC Cup & take some negativity out of your life.

Good point. Maybe I'm just not happy with the way things have been. But hey maybe I should sit in the stands and pack a picnic and knit a scarf then clap the boys and club at the end of each season.

The pain I feel can't be fix with the same bandaids you put on each year.

I thought the Board chased Malthouse (after Sticks sacked Ratten) & according to many of our supporters, Malthouse was responsible for bringing Daisy to the club.

Swann did the job with one hand tied behind his back due to the interference of the board & this is the big difference between why Collingwood built themselves into a powerhouse on Swann's watch & why our club hasn't. It is no coincidence Swann was also able to rescue the Williamstown Football Club when the VFL had decided they should merge with Werribee because they had become a basket case.

As I have already stated, our club has continued to try & run like a 20th Century club, while all others are operating in the AFL environment as it is now. Finally it would seem we are moving in the right direction, but this will only happen if Trigg is allowed to do the job he was employed to do. On the flipside, if the Board hobble Trigg as well, we will still be in the same position in 5 years time.

Swann couldn't be bothered moving his hand from behind his back. I agree about the way we used to operate, just differ on levels of accountability. The 'board' is a very convenient non specific term for people to use when finger pointing. The 'board' is largely the same as it was, with a reduction in numbers, and yet the changes have been numerous in the last 12 months. The CEO and president drive the actions of a club, which is why we are now heading in the right direction since this changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back