Opinion Brian Lake: Will he play on in 2016?

Will Lake play on in 2015?

• Yes

Votes: 196 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 31 13.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently uncontracted and no word from the club yet on his future. If he was to retire he would be a massive loss to our structure down back. In my opinion I reckon he will play on next year and we will likely manage his workload and rest him up here and there. I hope the club re-signs him for next year. He is a massive reason as to why we've gone back to back.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Currently uncontracted and no word from the club yet on his future. If he was to retire he would be a massive loss to our structure down back. In my opinion I reckon he will play on next year and we will likely manage his workload and rest him here and there. I hope the club re-signs him for next year.

Thoughts?

Yes he will.
Pretty sure Lakey would want to play on and can't see why Hawks wouldn't sign him for another year. He pulled his head in after suspension and was bloody good in GF.
I can't see a reason why he won't be in Brown and Gold wearing the GOLD AFL PREMIERS emblem for another year!! (like what I did there? :D)

I think he will be offered 1 year. And he'll play maybe 14 games max. Not through injury hopefully but via managing. I think the club and Brian himself have seen the benefit the forced late start and late season break have had for his body in finals.

If we get Frawley then I can see Spangher being our KPD depth and Schoey being moved on. Though he could be moved on either way depending on how the club see Brand and Heatherley.

Last edited:

Not that i expect us to get Frawley, but if we do it would make it difficult to keep Lake on the list. I hope he plays next year, at reduced contract, maybe $200K

Has easily got another year in him, one of the big reasons we have gone B2B, we will need him while Heathrly/ Brand / and maybe Shoey are coming through ( can't see us getting Frawly although hopeful)

we need lakey for 3 peat, hopefully we get frawley as well. I dont think salary will be an issue Judas left a 1.1m slush fund..sewelly will most likely retire...shoenmakers probably done and dusted...surely a 3 peat is motivation enough.....we are better than the brisbane lions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think he and Burgers will be the first to retire (after Sewell).

Huge loss when they leave. Not many in the AFL are better at what they do. Hopefully we prepare well. Sewell has been effectively replaced by Langford.

Would think he and Burgers will be the first to retire (after Sewell).

Huge loss when they leave. Not many in the AFL are better at what they do. Hopefully we prepare well. Sewell has been effectively replaced by Langford.
No not Silky. I think he has another year in him. Sewell, wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

I reckon he's got one good season left in him. He seems hungry to milk his time at Hawthorn for premiership success.

One of our most important players and WE need him big time.

Would absolutely love to see a backline with Lake and Frawley playing together for a year as both would compliment each other nicely and assist us with our match ups every week.

Would LOL if he signed up for $1 or something. That would be a big FU to the AFL.
I know you're joking but on a serious note it is possible he could accept basically minimum wage (and I imagine the AFLPA has a pretty tidy minimum wage agreement) to play on. The club may want to use his salary space to get Frawley which would be a better move for us long term. If he were to accept the minimum for one more year and the chance for a third premiership then we could pick up a young KPD from GWS and have plenty of money left over for another area.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back