Brisbane to ask for priority pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a bit touchy about this, Brisbane fans are desperate to try and sugar coat Adcock getting sacked. It's actually quite funny watching you all trying to argue about this point. Contract not getting renewed and being sacked is the same thing, Adcock won't be at Brisbane next season because his coach doesn't want him.

It's pretty simple

Nope, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. A few weeks ago, most dim-witted fans like yourself would have been "Adcock who?", and now that a player is not guaranteed a game next season if he stays, it somehow turns into this sensational sacking, when the truth is so far from the reported.

As for the coach not wanting him there, that's false. Jed's best is past him now, and he is welcome to stay at the club if he'd like, but he's not guaranteed a game because we have younger and fitter players in that position.

Nope, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. A few weeks ago, most dim-witted fans like yourself would have been "Adcock who?", and now that a player is not guaranteed a game next season if he stays, it somehow turns into this sensational sacking, when the truth is so far from the reported.

As for the coach not wanting him there, that's false. Jed's best is past him now, and he is welcome to stay at the club if he'd like, but he's not guaranteed a game because we have younger and fitter players in that position.

Another personal attack.

Brisbane fans doing what they always do.

So you believe Damo eh?

I guess you subscribe to New Idea too?

View attachment 164656
Yeh I recon I do on this one. I think the boys might be saving face there. Maybe they've smoothed it all over and all is well again. Rockliffs is pretty strong in opinion as he's demonstrated before through social media so doesn't surprise to hear he's russled a few feathers up north

Dumping experience for kids.

That's exactly what Melbourne got fined for 'not tanking'

Keep waiting for as long as you like
Why does that mean we shouldn't get a priority pick this year (given that's the purpose of this thread)?

I personally don't think we should get one, but Adcock leaving has nothing to do with it.

Going to be eagerly waiting for your input once we do get the priority pick.

This is just my opinion, Brisbane has every right to ask for one and if the AFL says yes then so be it. Contrary to your desperate wish for it to be different it won't bother me if they do say yes.

But if it helps you with being angry at the world then believe what you want to believe

This is just my opinion, Brisbane has every right to ask for one and if the AFL says yes then so be it. Contrary to your desperate wish for it to be different it won't bother me if they do say yes.

But if it helps you with being angry at the world then believe what you want to believe

Far from it, you've been the one picking fights with whoever has a different opinion to yours, so suit yourself.

Far from it, you've been the one picking fights with whoever has a different opinion to yours, so suit yourself.

This is a football forum where we discuss and debate issues. I've stayed on topic but it's been posters like you and other Brisbane fans who constantly make personal comments and attacks as soon as you see something you don't like. Or are people not allowed to have an opinion that differs to yours?

Another personal attack.

Brisbane fans doing what they always do.

Well you continually seem to refuse to engage with the substantive stuff so you can play the victim instead...

I'll repaste what I said previously... Maybe you "accidentally" missed it last time.

Adcock has been handy but more of an on-field coach/organiser than a bonefide great player this year - his best football is clearly behind him. We have plenty of guys coming through who can play that position with aplomb in the coming years. In fact he was pushed forward recently because like like Daniel Rich, Liam Dawson and Tom Cutler have clearly moved ahead of him as rebounding defenders. Claye Beams will be staking his claim back there again next year as well when he returns from injury.

Adcock is 31 next year. We have young guns excelling in his position (Cutler and Dawson) as well as senior mature blokes in their prime who give us more in the same role (Rich and Beams who are much better ball users and Harwood who is much much quicker).

Why is moving on Adcock so hard for you to grasp? What about it makes you think we are "tanking"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They take any kind of criticism very hard

Really elevating the standard of discussion there. Maybe you can address my previous post. I think Marc is waiting for something less substantive so he can cry foul again.

Well you continually seem to refuse to engage with the substantive stuff so you can play the victim instead...

I'll repaste what I said previously... Maybe you "accidentally" missed it last time.

Adcock has been handy but more of an on-field coach/organiser than a bonefide great player this year - his best football is clearly behind him. We have plenty of guys coming through who can play that position with aplomb in the coming years. In fact he was pushed forward recently because like like Daniel Rich, Liam Dawson and Tom Cutler have clearly moved ahead of him as rebounding defenders. Claye Beams will be staking his claim back there again next year as well when he returns from injury.

Adcock is 31 next year. We have young guns excelling in his position (Cutler and Dawson) as well as senior mature blokes in their prime who give us more in the same role (Rich and Beams who are much better ball users and Harwood who is much much quicker).

Why is moving on Adcock so hard for you to grasp? What about it makes you think we are "tanking"?

The way I read it TBD, is that it's too good a chance for opposition supporters with an agenda to miss taking another pot shot at Brisbane. Fitzroy, Fevola, priority pick, retention allowance, GH5. And around and around we go.

The bottom line is that these sorts of player decisions will be made by all clubs in the next two months. I fail to see what is much different here. There are good reasons for the lions' to dispense with Adcock's services from next year. They are articulated above. Just as there will be good reasons for other clubs to remove players from their 2015 list. At the very least 50 or so players will be told their services will no longer be required.

You can't work it out? If Brisbane are off loading their experience for youth then off course your performances are going to get worse, it's pretty much list management tanking.

And it would be nice if people played the ball and not the man, please stop with the personal attacks

Everything seems above board in the past two pages.

That post you replied to also had no personal attack at all. Don't post negatively about a club and it's supporters, then cry foul when they justifiably fire back within the rules.

Well you continually seem to refuse to engage with the substantive stuff so you can play the victim instead...]

Snipped to make the point...Adcock is 31 next year. We have young guns excelling in his position (Cutler and Dawson) as well as senior mature blokes in their prime who give us more in the same role (Rich and Beams who are much better ball users and Harwood who is much much quicker).

Adcock is playing while we 'so called' tank and beat our only rival for the spoon,Carlton, by 10 goals....some tanking effort.

The way I read it TBD, is that it's too good a chance for opposition supporters with an agenda to miss taking another pot shot at Brisbane. Fitzroy, Fevola, priority pick, retention allowance, GH5. And around and around we go.

The bottom line is that these sorts of player decisions will be made by all clubs in the next two months. I fail to see what is much different here. There are good reasons for the lions' to dispense with Adcock's services from next year. They are articulated above. Just as there will be good reasons for other clubs to remove players from their 2015 list. At the very least 50 or so players will be told their services will no longer be required.

Honestly, they are a bit annoyed that we did beat Carlton by 10 goals. Didn't suit the tanking line at all.

They should definitely get one. (Excluding the expansion sides)

2 Worst teams (2011-2015)
Brisbane Lions (34 Wins) & Melbourne (24 Wins & 1 Draw)

2 Worst teams (2010-2015)
Brisbane Lions (41 Wins) & Melbourne (32 Wins & 2 Draws)

2 Worst teams (2009-2015)
Brisbane Lions (55 Wins & 1 Draw) & Melbourne (36 Wins & 2 Draws)

2 Worst teams (2008-2015)
Brisbane Lions (65 Wins & 1 Draw) & Melbourne (39 Wins & 2 Draws)

2 Worst teams (2007-2015)
Brisbane Lions (75 Wins & 1 Draw) & Melbourne (44 Wins & 2 Draws)

2 Worst teams (2006-2015)
Brisbane Lions (82 Wins & 1 Draw) & Melbourne (58 Wins & 3 Draws)

2 Worst teams (2005-2015)
Brisbane Lions (92 Wins & 1 Draw) & Melbourne (70 Wins & 3 Draws)

They have been a consistently bad side for over a decade. The only worse performed team being Melbourne over this stretch.

How many priority picks has Melbourne had during this time?

How many priority picks has Brisbane had during this time?

2005-2015 (FINALS)
Brisbane Lions (2009) - Played 2. 1 Win & 1 Loss.
Melbourne (2005, 2006) - Played 3. 1 Win & 2 Losses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back