Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Just wondering who everyone has as their leader at the halfway mark of the season? Ablett, Barlow & Judd the main three contenders?

round11.jpg

Anyone with Swan's tally? I currently got him leading and it doesnt look right.

Swan 25-27
Hodge 23-26
Judd 21-24
Selwood 19-23
Hayes 19-22
Ablett 18-19
Pendles 16-21

round11.jpg

Anyone with Swan's tally? I currently got him leading and it doesnt look right.

Swan 25-27
Hodge 23-26
Judd 21-24
Selwood 19-23
Hayes 19-22
Ablett 18-19
Pendles 16-21

I have Swan on 24 +/-5, been quite hesitant to give him firm votes obviously, but I do think he'll easily outstrip last year's performance

I have Swan on 24 +/-5, been quite hesitant to give him firm votes obviously, but I do think he'll easily outstrip last year's performance

I hear ya. Swan scares me a little when i havn't got anything laid on him.

FWIW I feel Swan will atleast place. Hodge/Swan quinella?

As previous posters said, someone to poll near 2 BOGs (5+votes) will take the medal home.

In the last few rounds everyone around here has seemed to begin making some hefty bets. Does this affect the way we distribute votes to individuals? I argue there is a subconscious thought process that makes us pay more attention to the players we have substantial sums of money on and thus it ruins the validity of our polls. From about Rd 15 onwards I think our horizons need to be broadened and there must be an increased analysis of both your own distribution of votes and others in order to have a bias free poll.

Speak for yourself, I reckon Juddy's earned every single one of the 40 votes I have him on!

In the last few rounds everyone around here has seemed to begin making some hefty bets. Does this affect the way we distribute votes to individuals? I argue there is a subconscious thought process that makes us pay more attention to the players we have substantial sums of money on and thus it ruins the validity of our polls. From about Rd 15 onwards I think our horizons need to be broadened and there must be an increased analysis of both your own distribution of votes and others in order to have a bias free poll.

This is something that i have taken into account for the last couple of years. This year I made a concious effort too not tally the week to week votes I record for the first 2/3rds of the season in an effort to minimise this effect. At this point in the season it's hard to avoid though because of the potential value that could be missed by holding out until the end of the season(eg everyone jumping on Hayes over the past few weeks because of stkilda's easy run home).

Speak for yourself, I reckon Juddy's earned every single one of the 40 votes I have him on!

lol

I think when u look back at years gone by...it is only ever 3 or 4 players who make up 80 percent of the votes...so its obvious to look at these 3 or 4 players for the majority.

if someone has a stand out for eg betts kicks 6....you give them votes but if one of these players has the same game as a star...the star will get them 99 percent of the time

BK any chance you can post your tally for Swan and what you have him on and what rounds you think he will poll in?
Believe it or not I have him on 29 !!! I'll pop up a breakdown when I get a chance. Naturally I can't see him as being on 29 but as I've said previously, if he polls he will blow them away.

Can selwood win?

He polled well in 08/09

Statistically he looks to be better and without alblet getting 40 touches will he get the 3's when only expected to get 1-2?
He sure can, the put off for me is that he polled well below where I had him last year. Maybe though, if Gazza is well down as we suspect that he can be polling really well.

:D

That's pretty funny. The only thing wrong is that BK is a Geelong supporter, but those were the bets he made.
Yep it's funny that they think I'm a Collingwood man ! I'm a Geelong man but over the years my loyalty has fallen away a little as I'm so consumed with the medal that I often find myself supporting my wallet rather than my team. The 2 premierships were fantastic though and I was at the last 3 GF's ( I was at the last 14 actually ! ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe it or not I have him on 29 !!! I'll pop up a breakdown when I get a chance. Naturally I can't see him as being on 29 but as I've said previously, if he polls he will blow them away.

Swanny is going well tonight once again BK. are you a bit nervous/ annoyed? can't you have a Swan/ pies plonk to cover your listed bets?
must be 6 or 7 /1 odds still.

S. Pendlebury...3 votes

Make it happen Umpires.

Cloke has to poll.

Pendles will poll and Blair might sneak in before Swan but I don't think so

Yeah I think Blair had a good game, but most of his impact was in the 1st quarter- if he did this in the last 1/4 I probably would be able to give him a vote. The fact that he has no polling history is also crucial- do the umps know who he is?? Swan to get the 1 vote, therefore.

Yeah I think Blair had a good game, but most of his impact was in the 1st quarter- if he did this in the last 1/4 I probably would be able to give him a vote. The fact that he has no polling history is also crucial- do the umps know who he is?? Swan to get the 1 vote, therefore.

Game was won in the first qtr, swan kicked 2 goals in the first qtr though, both were very good.

3. Pendlebury
2. Cloke
1. Swan/Blair

Pendles is nearly a sure thing for the 3 votes, havn't seen him run like that in a long time, great game.

I got on him at 61 at the start of the year then 21 last week, he may come in more now (i'm guessing 17-19) but like BK, couple him up with Coll/Geel and it becomes juicy odds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back