Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what you guys had Simon Black on last year? Seems to poll well every year and would not be surprised if he pipped Browny in the teams votes?

Just wondering what you guys had Simon Black on last year? Seems to poll well every year and would not be surprised if he pipped Browny in the teams votes?

i think i had him around 18.. i know BK had him real high as he was our late season favourite i think..
i think Browny has him easily dominated this year however.. Brisbane just havnt won enough games for Black to get votes in.. whereas Brown has had 4-5 clear bogs

Thompson-Brown-Watson-Goodes is at about $10 at centrebet which is great value for the "anchors".

Can only see Douglas beating Thompson but still expect Thompson to poll 10+ with Douglas around 7-8.

Brown has 4 BOG's(and another 2 vote game for me) and don't think even um[ire love can get Black more votes and they just have not won enough games for Rischitelli or Brennan to beat 12(surely no way Brown could be on less then 12)

90% confident on Watson and expect him to win by about 5 or 6 votes to Stanton.

Have Goodes 5 clear of any Swan however a little worried that I have 4 others around the 10 vote mark and the votes to Goodes factor in umpire love so he would be the least confident of the 4 anchors.

i think i had him around 18.. i know BK had him real high as he was our late season favourite i think..
i think Browny has him easily dominated this year however.. Brisbane just havnt won enough games for Black to get votes in.. whereas Brown has had 4-5 clear bogs

Fair call.
Just one player that i find hard to write off.
But yeah browny really dominated at the start of the season and a couple of time at the back and should get it.

Also unsure of how the multi payouts work?
So say you had Watson/Judd/Thompson/Goodes/Brown/Pendles all in a multi, Is what they are paying out now going to be their total payout per $1 or does it start getting ridiculous after a a certain amount of legs in that multi?
So how much would that multi leg be paying now? and
If i were to add another leg to that multi does it go up by the amount that that person is paying or does it multiply because of so many legs?

Sorry if i have confused anyone trying to help.

Thompson-Brown-Watson-Goodes is at about $10 at centrebet which is great value for the "anchors".

Can only see Douglas beating Thompson but still expect Thompson to poll 10+ with Douglas around 7-8.

Brown has 4 BOG's(and another 2 vote game for me) and don't think even um[ire love can get Black more votes and they just have not won enough games for Rischitelli or Brennan to beat 12(surely no way Brown could be on less then 12)

90% confident on Watson and expect him to win by about 5 or 6 votes to Stanton.

Have Goodes 5 clear of any Swan however a little worried that I have 4 others around the 10 vote mark and the votes to Goodes factor in umpire love so he would be the least confident of the 4 anchors.

Not interested in puting Judd in those anchors for an extra 3% profit?

Don't write Blackie off yet. Last year I had brown out in front going for plenty but Blackie cut him down to get up and tie .this could happen again as Blackie will poll in a couple of losing games this year. [freo+ mel] and Rischitelli not far off either.

You just never know really.
Also just thinking that if Boyd has a great game and they dont introduce griffen into the team betting that Boyd could be used as a semi anchor?

You just never know really.
Also just thinking that if Boyd has a great game and they dont introduce griffen into the team betting that Boyd could be used as a semi anchor?

TAB will have a different list of players with some teams.. they will also include Player not listed.. so your idea wont work
ps Cooney would be more of a worry than Griffin

Not interested in puting Judd in those anchors for an extra 3% profit?

Possibly as he should win by 10 votes but going from 4 legs to 5 legs for a small gain may not be worth it. Much more certain than any other team and wish he was still at the $1.50 offered by centrebet not that long ago:thumbsdown:. Hopefully Simpson or Murphy have a clear BOG game with Juddy not polling to boost his odds up to $1.15 if we are lucky.

After Watson killing us all last year, and after everyone declaring him a lock, is anyone questioning him?
He didn't 'kill' us, a profit is still a profit. This year has been entirely different, has been recognised in the media and in football circles as a genuine gun at stoppages. Has played a lone hand so often - Stanton is average and doesn't poll, Hille has played two decent games, Fletcher has been great but is a defender and there is no Lovett this year to pinch votes. I had Winders as a danger until he broke his hand and I favoured him over Watson all year and still have Watson leading 13-7. Home.

After Watson killing us all last year, and after everyone declaring him a lock, is anyone questioning him?

As I have already said I am looking for 1 anchor, as it will considerably reduce my number of bets and outlay for the night.

Watson is that 1 imo. He really should win Essendon's quite easily, and going off previous posters breakdown of him, most of his votes will be in 2 or 3s. Hence, it's not a risk in that he is iffy to pick up a vote. He was a standout in a few games this year,and no other Bomber has matched this, thus declaring him as a lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly as he should win by 10 votes but going from 4 legs to 5 legs for a small gain may not be worth it. Much more certain than any other team and wish he was still at the $1.50 offered by centrebet not that long ago:thumbsdown:. Hopefully Simpson or Murphy have a clear BOG game with Juddy not polling to boost his odds up to $1.15 if we are lucky.

Very short but wins. I am hoping the TAB put him up at 1.10 at least.

Interested to see what combinations people are pondering at the moment just so many potential options...

=thompson*goodes*brown*watson*riewoldt*boyd*harvey @ 62.99 seems pretty solid but it is a 7 legger. It also has the potential add ons of selwood/barlow/pendlebury which get the odds in the 200 range.

May do 4 of those bets but considering i havent done a lot of slips in the past would people choose 4 of the listed in the above multi and add one or two of the pendles/selwood/barlow/swallow/hayes/goddard etc to the bets?

I hope all of that makes sense im just trying to get a solid strategy and doing a spreadsheet has done my head in.

I now see the winner coming from any of Judd, Pendlebury, and Ablett. Will be a tense time when the votes are read out come Round 22 Brownlow night. :D

Round 21 Leaderboard:
24 - C. Judd
24 - S. Pendlebury (+)
23 - G. Ablett (+)

22 - L. Hodge
21 - L. Hayes
20 – J. Selwood (+)
18 - D. Swan

Note: (*) Ineligible. (+) Ranking Rise. (-) Ranking Drop.

For more info, final round analysis/discussion, complete round votes, and leaderboard visit http://www.brownlowtalk.blogspot.com :thumbsu:

I am.

Thompson appears more a lock.

I have Watson 7-12, Winderlich 7-8, Stanton 6-7.

He 'should' win, possible draw not out of the equation.

No ones backing Judd, but hes a moral lock.

I now see the winner coming from any of Judd, Pendlebury, and Ablett. Will be a tense time when the votes are read out come Round 22 Brownlow night. :D

Round 21 Leaderboard:
24 - C. Judd (+)
24 - S. Pendlebury (+)
23 - G. Ablett (+)
22 - L. Hodge
21 - L. Hayes
20 – J. Selwood (+)
18 - D. Swan

For more info, final round analysis/discussion, complete round votes, and leaderboard visit http://www.brownlowtalk.blogspot.com :thumbsu:

Love the count as always!! Perhaps its because if you're right then i'm probably going to make some good money.... either way, keep up the good work

Round 21 Leaderboard:
24 - C. Judd (+)
24 - S. Pendlebury (+)
23 - G. Ablett (+)

22 - L. Hodge
21 - L. Hayes
20 – J. Selwood (+)
18 - D. Swan

ranking rise for judd? i really dont see him polling in the geelong loss

edit:My mistake, you dont have him polling.

I dont like how much you have GAJ on. his making me nervous

Judd to place and Selwood to win Geelong are my favoured bets right now. I think they offer great value and are as close as you are going to get to sure things at those odds.

I am basing this on history: Judd's ability to poll and the inability of a winner to poll the next year.

last year he recieved 26 votes in the champion data votes.. and polled 13 votes.. i think the majority of posters had him between 16-26.
he was a priced at around $11 to win
last year he only polled one BOG, which was when he had 43 possessions.. he also only polled when he had 34+, besides one game where he had 30.
this year hes had 8 34+ games, so there is every chance he could improve on last year.. bu i dont think hes any chance of winning the entire thing

You just talked me into a little bit each way. :thumbsu:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back