Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Pavlich will be ineligible if he chooses to accept a reprimand for striking, as the original offence is worth 125 points. a pity, as a sure three votes on the weekend. hopefully this doesn't come back to bite someone who deserves a Brownlow.

Freo's most team votes are going to be very interesting. It is an open field. I'm liking Mundy myself ATM but its not certain with most of there good players playing very well in their wins.

Fremantle will be the exact team you keep away from come end of season. However if someone like Fyfe is a decent chance and is paying 34-1 than you would get on him with a 10 multi into certainties.

Certainly dont waste your money on it before end of season, your playing with match sticks. Fyfe, Hill, Mundy, Pavlich, Sandilands, Barlow could all win it at this early stage.

Rich vs Coll

3. Swan
2. Thomas (run and carry really stood out)
1. Pendlebury (just gets the nod over Deledio due to polling history and big win)

Ess vs Carl

3. Fletcher
2. Yarran (was really smooth and made things look easy)
1. Murphy/Watson (going with Murphy as his last qtr goal will be fresh in there minds but really could go either way. All votes a real raffle)

Port vs Adel

3. Chaplin (best on for mine)
2. Rodan (flashiness and goals should see him noticed)
1. Westhoff

GC vs. Melb

3. Sylvia (quite start but came home strong, proven poller)
2. Davey (not many have him polling but he polled at least 2 votes in every game he had 25+ touches last year. 25 touches and 2 goals this time round)
1. Moloney (another solid performance)

Fre vs Nth

3. Pav (was excellent all day)
2. Fyfe (like this kid and gets noticed by umps)
1. Ballantyne

Thoughts?

Rich vs Coll

3. Swan
2. Thomas (run and carry really stood out)
1. Pendlebury (just gets the nod over Deledio due to polling history and big win)

Ess vs Carl

3. Fletcher
2. Yarran (was really smooth and made things look easy)
1. Murphy/Watson (going with Murphy as his last qtr goal will be fresh in there minds but really could go either way. All votes a real raffle)

GC vs. Melb

3. Sylvia (quite start but came home strong, proven poller)
2. Davey (not many have him polling but he polled at least 2 votes in every game he had 25+ touches last year. 25 touches and 2 goals this time round)
1. Moloney (another solid performance)

HI ALL,
First time back this year .Congrats to all on good selections and wins last season.
THOUGHT ALL THESE SELECTIONS ABOVE are spot on!!!!
Attended my first game of season to see Demons maul the Suns and SYLVIA was quite outstanding and is sure to be a threat to MOLONEY for the Melbourne votes this year.
How well are Swanny and Watson going ???Looking forward to the Anzac clash more than ever. Enjoy our game at its very best come Monday.

Geelong vs Sydney

3 Kelly- Tackling machine. Really stood out in my mind.
2 Ling- kicked the sealer. Started slow but came into his own, used it very well
1 Enright- historically a poor poller, but he was instrumental down back, having too good of a season to ignore

Kennedy had a lot of contested ball but didn't stand out IMO. Chapman played well but was in the umpires ears all night, could get 1.

Essendon vs Blues

3. Scotland- heaps of marks, heaps of kicks with near 90% efficiency. Was a tower down back.
2. Yarran- great game, as mentioned silky.
1. Fletcher-kicked a great goal & made that crucial tackle.

An 'open field' is the least interesting market! There will be better teams to put your money on.

I never said it was a good team market to bet on all i said it was 'interesting'.

Still plenty of time we have only seen 4/24 of the sample size. Considering the major advantage of watching matches before you bet I wont be putting on bets for a while yet.

It's not as if he doesn't get noticed though. Last year he polled 7, with 2 BOG's. The year before he polled 5. I think that the match-saving tackle would have been fresh in the umpires minds and have him down for 2-3.

1 Enright- historically a poor poller, but he was instrumental down back, having too good of a season to ignore

Very true!

I would be very surprised if Enright wasn't leading Geelong's count atm. Could be some good value on offer for him come seasons end :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true!

I would be very surprised if Enright wasn't leading Geelong's count atm. Could be some good value on offer for him come seasons end :thumbsu:

I currently have Bartel on 6 and Enright on 4. When I'm unsure I tend to favour the midfielder.

Cheers for responses on Fletcher, I agree with your points and as I mentioned all votes are a raffle. I haven't got Watson polling but who knows he could take the 3 and make a big difference come seasons end!!

Scotland, Simpson, Waite, Watson I feel could all feature.

Saw a few games over the weekend

Richmond v Collingwood
3. Swan - has to get the 3
2. Thomas - great 1st quarter and played a good game
1. Deledio/Pendlebury - can't split them, Deledio probably played the better game but Pendles in the winning team

Carlton v Essendon*
3. Watson - few players tried to go with him but he kept winning heaps of ball and looked like the BOG
2. Fletcher/Scotland - Fletcher played a great game but key defender is a worry. Scotland was great throughout the whole game
1. Fletcher/Scotland/Yarran/Murphy/Judd - I really can't decide who would get the 1 in this game but I've narrowed it down to them

*a really hard game I thought to give votes

Fremantle v North Melbourne
3. Fyfe - showed he can poll last year and was BOG
2. Pavlich - great game, could maybe steal the 3 from Fyfe
1. Ballantyne - should get the 1 vote, was next best after Pav and Fyfe

Keep up the good work guys

3. Goddard
2. Redden
1. Schenider

Very very hard to call. Black would've been a certain 3 at half time but he faded.

3. Goddard
2. Redden
1. Schneider

Agree with the above posters. Goddard surely good enough to get the 3 here as he was instrumental in the 2nd half fightback. Redden I thought was Brisbane's best, and Schneider was important with those 3 goals, and had alot of the ball as well.

It was a very hard game to give votes to last night. Brisbane had some very good performers but with Saints getting over the line they should take the 3, with Goddard being their best. However I think Merrett was the only Brisbane backman keeping them in it. Redden was everywhere. Adcock and Black good but wasn't involved when it mattered in the last quarter.

3. Goddard
2. Merrett
1. Redden

So far this year I was only conducting my own count but this board seemed fairly quiet so I thought I might as well start to contribute and hopefully together we can gain a better indication of voting by comparing to others counts.

Same as above, Redden impressed.

3. Goddard
2. Redden
1. Schneider

Didn't know that centrebet had early brownlow team votes up! going to have a couple of small bets but would need a lot of luck for them to hold up obviously.

Same as above, Redden impressed.

3. Goddard
2. Redden
1. Schneider

Didn't know that centrebet had early brownlow team votes up! going to have a couple of small bets but would need a lot of luck for them to hold up obviously.

Good spot :thumbsu:

I think after last nights game and with the injury to Hayes, Goddard could be the one to provide some value. I now have him leading St Kilda's votes. I am going to try and hold of though and wait until multis are available. He will be one to benefit from Hayes going down, Brownlow wise IMO :)

3 Merrett
2 Goddard
1 Rocklifee

Merrett was huge down back & kept the Lions in the game. Made that unfortunate turn over, but was still BOG.
Goddard had a heap of ball, & I thought he was very clean around the stoppages, right under the umpires nose. Heaps of slick handpasses that allowed the Saints to break clear of the congestion. Rockliffe had a huge 3rd term along with Adcock, & I thought he was slightly better in the 4th & overall so he gets the 1.

I'll go with:

3 Rischitelli (personally thought Ablett was BOG but think Rischi will get 3. Won the medal).
2 Ablett
1 Matera/Swallow

Hartlett, Motlop, Westhoff were bet of Port but hard to give any of them a vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back