Buckley v Robbo on AFL 360

Remove this Banner Ad

"SOMETIMES Gerard, when you're trying to speak, things just don't go your way, and everyone's thinking 'SURELY!' Well, I'm not saying 'surely'. No actually I am saying 'surely'. 'Surely, you have plans in place for when you don't get a sentence right'. And when that happens there's ONLY ONE way you can respond. Actually there's two ways you can respond. You can either go 'right right right, oh well' and think 'oh poor me, rar, rar, rar' OR... You can come out and say 'right, lets get this one. Let's not worry about the last sentence, lets just... get... this one... right."

Hahahaha that is spot on.

Hadn't really noticed too much as I don't regularly watch the show, and when I do it's normally with just Robbo talking with Whately. But I did get to see it last night, and as many of the Bigfooty posters have acutely pointed out Nathan Buckley does expose Robbo to be a buffoon.

I think Robbo is best suited to newsprint where he has editors to assist him. Just letting him loose on AFL360 in the presence of hardened footy professionals like Paul Roos and Nathan Buckley is like watching a blind man fending off a herd of lions with a walking stick.

"SOMETIMES Gerard, when you're trying to speak, things just don't go your way, and everyone's thinking 'SURELY!' Well, I'm not saying 'surely'. No actually I am saying 'surely'. 'Surely, you have plans in place for when you don't get a sentence right'. And when that happens there's ONLY ONE way you can respond. Actually there's two ways you can respond. You can either go 'right right right, oh well' and think 'oh poor me, rar, rar, rar' OR... You can come out and say 'right, lets get this one. Let's not worry about the last sentence, lets just... get... this one... right."

Hahahahahaha, get this man a beer!

That's really spot on.

Are you a stenographer?

Are you Robbo?

That was straight from the horses mouth. Quite masterful, i couldn't read that in anyone else's voice, but Robbo's.

Edit: The 'actually' bit had me in stitches.

Are you Robbo?

That was straight from the horses mouth. Quite masterful, i couldn't read that in anyone else's voice, but Robbo's.

Edit: The 'actually' bit had me in stitches.

I basically combined two of his rants and changed a couple of phrases. It's kind of easy to write because Robbo really just rotates between two or three speeches when criticising anything or trying to make a point.

Bucks , since he went coaching , has always been a person worth listening to, and there are very few in football you can say that about. Calm,measured and talks sense. His belittling of this fat campaigner is absolute gold.

Buckley is intelligent and has a brilliant football brain (his commentary was a delight in last years Grand Final).
Robbo is an idiot with a terrible football brain.
Its not really fair to be honest.

I hate this show because of Robbo, I just cant watch him. I might have to start tuning in again on Mondays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley is intelligent and has a brilliant football brain (his commentary was a delight in last years Grand Final).
Robbo is an idiot with a terrible football brain.
Its not really fair to be honest.

I hate this show because of Robbo, I just cant watch him. I might have to start tuning in again on Mondays.
Agreed on not being able to watch it. He makes it impossible.

Actually think that Buckley is the one with the problem - No other coaches on 360 have an issue with Robbo - Lets face it, Robbo is invited into the inner sanctum of clubs to provide reports for the HUN - So there must be a level of respect and trust from the coaching fraternity.

It's probably a case of Robbo and Buckley having a personality clash !

Actually think that Buckley is the one with the problem - No other coaches on 360 have an issue with Robbo - Lets face it, Robbo is invited into the inner sanctum of clubs to provide reports for the HUN - So there must be a level of respect and trust from the coaching fraternity.

Nice try Robbo.

Love it!

I'd either think they invite Robbo in because he talks so much s**t, they want to show him what actually happens or, they're obligated to due to media rights.

I'd either think they invite Robbo in because he talks so much s**t, they want to show him what actually happens or, they're obligated to due to media rights.
When you work for the Murdoch empire, people have to put up with you. Their jobs can depend on it. Robbo is still feral on Mick Malthouse and he's already finished his coaching career.

Indeed....Even the fool/jester has his place in the AFL court....It's great viewing watching him invent novel ways to make a complete 'twat' of himself!

By inner sanctum of clubs, I assume you mean James Hird's inner sanctum.

No need to get upset Robbo.

Your post is yet another example of standards slipping on BF - The post adds nothing to the debate.

Two people have a strained relationship on a TV program - It's like this has never happened before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back