Buddy Out - mental health issue, says club.

Remove this Banner Ad

if they just said what was wrong with him all this conjecture and speculation would end. no harm done.

if he had a broken leg and they just said 'lance franklin has a physical problem' but wouldn't elaborate we'd be skeptical of that too.

when they use the term 'mental illness' people simply don't know what to make of it. sounds like such a general cover-all term. if you want people to understand this issue they need to be transparent. let us know exactly what's wrong with him (i'm sure everybody will understand and wish him well).

Mate I'm not saying I'm a hero, I'm just saying the suggestion 90% of drug users have mental health issues is ridiculous.

90% is pretty high I would agree.

I know plenty of people take drugs because they are fun and do it purely for enjoyment.

'Mental health issues' is also a very broad label within this conversation IMO.....take Ben Cousins for example....I am no psychologist, but I get the sense he is more the sort of bloke who has a ridiculously addictive personality, and simply can't drew a line and wants to keep pushing and pushing the envelope. Which is why he was able to function as long as he did....when it's there he will go hard, but then when it's gone he can slip back into normality....much like a classic aussie binge drinker.

The prob is eventually the drugs finally hook you, and then you have to use to be able to function on a basic day to day basis....and then you end up where Ben is now.

Media are camping his residence apparently disgraceful.
Looking forward to some zoomed in camera shots from a distance of "interesting" stuff like Buddy checking his mailbox :rolleyes:

Media- "Now, this technology is new to me, but I'm pretty sure that's Lance Franklin in the oven, rotating slowly.
cnujc.png

Media- "His body temperature has risen to over 400 degrees - he's literally stewing in his own juices"

Yeah, because rather than taking any other option, everyone would leap at the chance of having the stigma of mental illness attached to them...:rolleyes:
I suffer from mental illness mate. This 'stigma' you talk of is everyday life for some people, and whether I like it or not it's attached to me. It's not the end of the world. Your post makes it sound worse than the plague.

People can develop mental illness in response to epilepsy too. Not as a direct consequence but as they come to terms with the reality of the condition and begin facing its potential consequences - from losing a drivers license to death. Sometimes the onset of epilepsy isn't obvious and just leaves people confused and unsure as to why they aren't as switched on to whats happening around them as they once were. This may happen for years without any noticable seizure activity.

Drug stuff is off the mark for mine.

Word in non-football media is they had quite a dramatic split last week, and Jesinta took off overseas (Buddy has possibly done stuffed up).

It grew further legs when after what is a serious health issue, it was announced today Jesinta won't be returning home because "Buddy wants her to stay".

It would explain a lot. It's very possible Buddy is in a shocking headspace - major relationship break ups can shake up your whole life. Even if drugs have been involved the past week, it's not the core issue.

major splits are awful...will do your head in every time..one min its drugs one min its a break up what the hell is it really?

Drug stuff is off the mark for mine.

Word in non-football media is they had quite a dramatic split last week, and Jesinta took off overseas (Buddy has possibly done stuffed up).

It grew further legs when after what is a serious health issue, it was announced today Jesinta won't be returning home because "Buddy wants her to stay".

It would explain a lot. It's very possible Buddy is in a shocking headspace - major relationship break ups can shake up your whole life. Even if drugs have been involved the past week, it's not the core issue.

Not quite convinced.. we might be getting a tad tabloid here but Monday arvo Jesinta posted an instagram photo and they interacted via comments in a pretty nice way toward each other. Obviously not a confirmation but I wouldn't be commented on my ex's photos if we just broke up

Rumour has it buddy was seen in the company of a couple blonde pieces on Sunday afternoon, neither was Campbell so I reckon hit the big fella had a bit of an indulgement in the powder and slayed some groupies
oh dear...do we really need to write this sort of thing....

if they just said what was wrong with him all this conjecture and speculation would end. no harm done.

if he had a broken leg and they just said 'lance franklin has a physical problem' but wouldn't elaborate we'd be skeptical of that too.

when they use the term 'mental illness' people simply don't know what to make of it. sounds like such a general cover-all term. if you want people to understand this issue they need to be transparent. let us know exactly what's wrong with him (i'm sure everybody will understand and wish him well).

The Swans HAVE told you what is wrong.........................yet you DON'T understand.

It's private obviously!

So how about you just wish him well all the same!

I can't be sure Karl, but I think it's fair to say Buddy might be checking his mailbox for a drug shipment.

"This technology is new to me, but I'm pretty sure that's Buddy Franklin rotating the oven..... He is literally stewing in his own juices"

EDIT: Ninja'd by Riteo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media are camping his residence apparently disgraceful.

Is it wrong that I want buddy to be permitted to drive (as on medication for epilepsy), have a small seizure and hit some of those media campaigners?

The swans are a pretty well run club so when they say its mental illness i believe them.
Weather its been brought by drugs or something else we may never know, but what we do know is that its bad enough for him to miss one final and possibly more and with that being the case i wish buddy the best and hope he gets the help he needs.

The Swans HAVE told you what is wrong.........................yet you DON'T understand.

It's private obviously!

So how about you just wish him well all the same!

There has always been gossip and rumours about buddy and his lifestyle choices so I'm not sure why Sydney posters are surprised that there is an element of scepticism around this.

I wish him all the very best and look forward to seeing him back on the field but the media are going to stay camped out the front and the innuendo from far and wide is going to continue until such time as they hear from Buddy - as sad and as pitiful that is, that's what happens when you are the best footballer in the country and are prepared to raise the profile of whatever it is he is suffering from.

True. It would be unfair to the car to get damaged.
I hear it's a nice car, but apparently is scraped all down one side already*, so I'm sure we can all live with it.

* Military Road from memory.

Bullshit it isn't a masquerade. It's a great masquerade. I've used "mental health" as an excuse for getting out of heaps of s**t.

You mean out of the people who are seeing a drug and alcohol counsellor, right?

What about the people who take drugs (for fun) that don't end up seeing counsellors? Are they included in your sample?

I took acid every weekend for years, loads of pills, loads of cocaine, speed, whatever. I had a great time, so did everyone I know.

That's fine ....lots of research has been done in this area ...you say fun ?

Do you have fun without drugs also or did you rely on that ? Just curious

i really don't. i'm ignorant. care to explain it to me?
He's revealed he's suffering anxiety - which is a very common ailment, but can still be debilitating. Why do you need to know any more details?

Interesting to hear Larkins going Sydney for having Buddy play the day after a seizure. Spoke to a bloke I know who's a doctor the other day after reading about it and asked about Sydney having him play the day afterwards and he said of course he would've been right to play, and that unless he'd hurt himself by hitting something during the seizure, he'd have been completely fine.

Mate I'm not saying I'm a hero, I'm just saying the suggestion 90% of drug users have mental health issues is ridiculous.

I attended mental health conference and they think it's about 82% have a mental health ISSUE

THAT doesn't mean they have a disorder or illness ...it means their mental health isn't where they want it to be or its affecting them.

That doesn't mean those 82% will have massive problems either ...but we know underlying mental health issue and then mixed with drugs or alcohol doesn't help

He's revealed he's suffering anxiety - which is a very common ailment, but can still be debilitating. Why do you need to know any more details?

It's now gone past depression as the number one diagnosed mental health disorder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back