Bulldogs6, 2 Rounds Mock.

Remove this Banner Ad

My gut feeling is that WC won't take Cornelius at 20, when there are players such as Broadbent, Smith, Hanneberry, Jetta & Walters remaining. But good on you for having a crack.

My gut feeling is that WC won't take Cornelius at 20, when there are players such as Broadbent, Smith, Hanneberry, Jetta & Walters remaining. But good on you for having a crack.

I agree, i also think the Eagles will be looking closely at O'Keefe for pick 18 or 20, very much underrated on here, will like the open spaces of Subi and has fantastic disposal for mine.

Surprised he isn't in your first two rounds, slight chance to be a first rounder for mine.

I agree, i also think the Eagles will be looking closely at O'Keefe for pick 18 or 20, very much underrated on here, will like the open spaces of Subi and has fantastic disposal for mine.

Surprised he isn't in your first two rounds, slight chance to be a first rounder for mine.
Sorry fellas, totally forgot about Rhys, will sneak him in for sure.

I'm also of the opinion that Walters around the 18-20 mark will go to the Eagles, but they may not expect him to be there. O'Keefe I know very little about and I know you would have seen Walters, so how do they compare to you?

I'm also of the opinion that Walters around the 18-20 mark will go to the Eagles, but they may not expect him to be there. O'Keefe I know very little about and I know you would have seen Walters, so how do they compare to you?
Love that comparison actually. As you said I definitely have seen more of Walters, but what I have seen from O'Keefe is a little more ready made. For a start, I will compliment the raking left boots of these boys, have beautiful delivery into the 50 especially. They are both dashers, can carry the ball distances and spot up a target nicely.

For differences I'd say Walters is a little more flashy (is he Aboriginal?), whereas Rhys is probably more of a ready made player. Both have tremendous upside. I'll also mention the quick decision making of the pair, although O'Keefe probably has a bigger tank I think it's fair to say.

The Eagles will overlook the better prospect (Naitanui) and take the player that will make them a better team (Rich). At least thats their logic, that they don't need Naitanui because of Cox and that Naitanui won't be ready for 3 years anyway and that their window is open now. The Eagles are also under pressure to keep Will Sullivan, I think some Vic clubs are sniffing around and they might have to promote him so it all works out anyway.

The Eagles will overlook the better prospect (Naitanui) and take the player that will make them a better team (Rich). At least thats their logic, that they don't need Naitanui because of Cox and that Naitanui won't be ready for 3 years anyway and that their window is open now. The Eagles are also under pressure to keep Will Sullivan, I think some Vic clubs are sniffing around and they might have to promote him so it all works out anyway.
I disagree, the departure of Mark Seaby has turned things a bit, and the Eagles loaded up in midfielders last year. I also think it's safe to say the Eagles window isn't open, and by the time Naitanui comes up (which IMO will be something special) the other youngsters will have come up nicely. Then there window opens up.

Plus I know it for a fact anyway :D

You probably haven't seen much of these two but James Strauss and Ash Smith will be there abouts somewhere in the second round for mine. Players who can kick on both sides of their body and are very accurate over many distance are too good to fall out of the second round.

Love that comparison actually. As you said I definitely have seen more of Walters, but what I have seen from O'Keefe is a little more ready made. For a start, I will compliment the raking left boots of these boys, have beautiful delivery into the 50 especially. They are both dashers, can carry the ball distances and spot up a target nicely.

For differences I'd say Walters is a little more flashy (is he Aboriginal?), whereas Rhys is probably more of a ready made player. Both have tremendous upside. I'll also mention the quick decision making of the pair, although O'Keefe probably has a bigger tank I think it's fair to say.

Thanks Bulldogs 6 and to answer your question, yes he is aboriginal. The entries into 50 are certainly his forte.

What? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woosha himself has said he expects us to be pushing top 4 again in 2010. He is on the record saying that so I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect any club to back themselves in - especially when you have the homefield advantage of the West Coast Eagles.

People who are just letting Yarran slip out of their top 10. Are just followers of these forums. He's LOVED by the coaches and scouts. I bet you've never even watched any under 18 games. Just a normal predictable phantom draft!

People who are just letting Yarran slip out of their top 10. Are just followers of these forums. He's LOVED by the coaches and scouts. I bet you've never even watched any under 18 games. Just a normal predictable phantom draft!
HAHAHA, that was funny.

In case you didn't know, I watch Yarran every few weeks for the Swannies, not just a couple of measly under 18's games. I have acquired the knowledge which is MY opinion. I have let him slide because someone does need to slide, and IMO he is too lazy.

Cyril Rioli and him are comparable however Cyril's workrate is 200% higher, and he slid in a WEAKER draft. I love Yarran, he is a Swannies boy, I hope he goes top 10, but I doubt he will. If he can lift that workrate through AFL life here's to him easily taking a brownlow medal one day, he's a talent.

Woosha himself has said he expects us to be pushing top 4 again in 2010. He is on the record saying that so I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect any club to back themselves in - especially when you have the homefield advantage of the West Coast Eagles.

Well if "Woosha himself" said it, then it must be true!!

Seriously, the Eagles have a long way to go before they get back to the top, and if they think Naitanui is too "long term" for their immediate flag tilt then they are absolutely kidding themselves.

Yeh i agree our window is well and truly duct tapped shut haha

Good effort... i would probably disagree with ur north melbourne pick though i think its almost certain that they will take a midfielder with there first round

He's also on record as saying that he now realises we are a lot further away form our next premiership than he first thought.

I'm fairly certain he doesn't consider us a huge chance for top 4. Not anymore.

Other than his name, there is no reason for North to draft Mckernan.

He is a ruckman cum forward, we have a plethora of them.

Do Hale, Petrie or Mcintosh ring any bells?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back