Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is quite a stupid one. Clarko and co know what needs to be done and in the right order. They’ve done it before. We are far from the finished product and still have many pieces to acquire and get right. Listen the the member Q&A. Once you do, you will see we are one the right path. And once more of the pieces come together, players have more games and experience under their belt, understand and can execute the game style fully, all these criticisms will dry up. Have patience and stop listening to the constant negativity be the mostly few. These keyboard nutters will never be happy…..

This thread is quite a stupid one. Clarko and co know what needs to be done and in the right order. They’ve done it before. We are far from the finished product and still have many pieces to acquire and get right. Listen the the member Q&A. Once you do, you will see we are one the right path. And once more of the pieces come together, players have more games and experience under their belt, understand and can execute the game style fully, all these criticisms will dry up. Have patience and stop listening to the constant negativity be the mostly few. These keyboard nutters will never be happy…..

Too many people here never read history and history says that building takes time, be it a team, kingdom or empire.

We are at the formative stages of a proper competitive team. The laidly, scott era were jury rigged hastenly assembled sides that were able to competitive on their days but never good enough to get to the top.

sid GIF by Ice Age

Well you Giant Mammoth pain up my neck..

Jy is more than likely got some type of concussion related issues, Scott has been moved around positionally to cover other deficiencies and Eddie Ford is an inexperienced player who will be in and out of the team as he develops his game.

The experience level has gone and I’m talking about all the leadership qualities that walked out that door with JZ. Think wat you like about his last couple of years player wise, he still would ha

I may as well give up now; this is going around in circles

I concede your point, and dont want to go around in circles, just puzzled as to what happened to that quality we displayed during the stretch of Ratts coaching.

Can’t argue with a lot of that Accurate.
My gripe with Al is that he has not managed to at least install any fight or pride in our team . They are the opposite of a Shinboner. I honestly thought he could by now installed some resilience & pride in the jumper. Yes the leaders need to also show the way for the young but at least show us some of the Old Clarko where if you do not perform or give a rats you can duck off.
So your issues boil down to "these c**ts are too soft and don't want to bash on even though they're losing by 90 points every week".

If we are dropping those who aren't performing, who are you bringing in that'll perform better? Let's drop Zurhaar and McDonald and Simpkin. And bring in Harvey off an injury, Bergman off an injury and Maley. And when we are down by 70 points early in the third and Harvey, Bergman and Maley have had their confidence ruined and haven't made a difference, will you admit there's no quick fix to this?

So your issues boil down to "these c**ts are too soft and don't want to bash on even though they're losing by 90 points every week".

If we are dropping those who aren't performing, who are you bringing in that'll perform better? Let's drop Zurhaar and McDonald and Simpkin. And bring in Harvey off an injury, Bergman off an injury and Maley. And when we are down by 70 points early in the third and Harvey, Bergman and Maley have had their confidence ruined and haven't made a difference, will you admit there's no quick fix to this?
Dude admitted he just wants a sugar hit - and offered up ten-goal Tommy Lynch as Clarko's replacement. I think we are wasting our time engaging with this

There is no quick fix, but when will poorly performing players be held accountable? I don't believe that we should just drop players for the sake of it, but when they are really out of form they should be dropped. Clarko & the selection team seems to have lost the bottle to do this.

I’m already seeing the after match presser with Clarko praising opposition players again …
“ we know where we are at… we got out muscled,
they have experienced good players like Brad Hill , Jack Steele , wilkie , Sinclair Marshall …”

I’m already seeing the after match presser with Clarko praising opposition players again …
they have experienced good players like Brad Hill , Jack Steele , wilkie , Sinclair Marshall …”

Yep.

“This happens with really young groups and players”

heck the journo’s are spineless.

The follow up question should have been:

“But these losses came against Hawthorn and Adelaide, two sides not much older on paper, explain?”

It’s absolute waffle.

The lack of effort, the walking in defence transition the diabolical game plan has nothing to do with the age of the players.

It’s such a ******* weak cop out from Clarko.

My biggest concern at the moment is actually not the age of the list, or the amount of spuds we have, or the form of Simpkin, McDonald etc or the injuries.

It’s actually the game plan. The acres of space, the goals we concede per inside 50, the high defensive line, the open goals conceded to every second rebound 50 from the opposition is all controllable by Clarko.

Not the kids or the age demographic

Not the players. The talent. The skill level. The training standards.

These items are on the coach.

He needs to start conceding he is part of the problem at the moment.

My biggest concern is he is so invested in this pile of s**t innovative defensive structure he has concocted in his break, he is so stubborn that he won’t change it and I fear that it is taking the whole club down the gurgler at the moment.

There’s a dozen other issues that are amplifying the teams problems, but this game plan is the bomb that has decimated the performances of everyone at the moment.

I’m certain the 2023 Ratten and 2022 Noble side would have beaten this one by 5 goals. Which is a frightening thought

Last edited:
Yep.

“This happens with really young groups and players”

* the journo’s are spineless.

The follow up question should have been:

“But these losses came against Hawthorn and Adelaide, two sides not much older on paper, explain?”

It’s absolute waffle.

The lack of effort, the walking in defence transition the diabolical game plan has nothing to do with the age of the players.

It’s such a ******* weak cop out from Clarko.

My biggest concern at the moment is actually not the age of the list, or the amount of spuds we have, or the form of Simpkin, McDonald etc or the injuries.

It’s actually the game plan. The acres of space, the goals we concede per inside 50, the high defensive line, the open goals conceded to every second rebound 50 from the opposition is all controllable by Clarko.

Not the kids or the age demographic

Not the players. The talent. The skill level. The training standards.

These items are on the coach.

He needs to start conceding he is part of the problem at the moment.

My biggest concern is he is so invested in this pile of s**t innovative defensive structure he has concocted in his break, he is so stubborn that he won’t change it and I fear that it is taking the whole club down the gurgler at the moment.

There’s a dozen other issues that are amplifying the teams problems, but this game plan is the bomb that has decimated the performances of everyone at the moment.

I’m certain the 2023 Ratten and 2022 Noble side would have beaten this one by 5 goals. Which is a frightening thought
100% correct Sphynx . Game plan (roo ball ) 🤣 was shot after the Collingwood friendly nothing game . He is so stubborn it was a stupid plan considering the team’s inability to handle the turnover. The poor weakened defence has no chance with the amount of entry’s …
But no he’s a stubborn old fool who is killing the players confidence week by week….
We are conceding +20 goals a game & we have not changed the game plan (what game plan ) yet.
This is on the coach .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% correct Sphynx . Game plan (roo ball ) 🤣 was shot after the Collingwood friendly nothing game . He is so stubborn it was a stupid plan considering the team’s inability to handle the turnover. The poor weakened defence has no chance with the amount of entry’s …
But no he’s a stubborn old fool who is killing the players confidence week by week….
We are conceding +20 goals a game & we have not changed the game plan (what game plan ) yet.
This is on the coach .
Again this poster clearly has no idea, just doesn’t like clarko. Probably not a member just a keyboard nutter. The game plan Clarko has installed is exactly the same as all other teams are doing. But it takes time for a young team to get right, and have the synergy and connection amongst the team. And we don’t have all the pieces just yet. I remember when Buckley took over at Collingwood and introduced a new game plan. It took over 12 months before they got it right. Have some patience, back the coach(es) and just enjoy the talent and improvements (small and large each week).

Imagine coming on here and literally typing that a 4x prem coach has no game plan lol.

Or calling this legend a “soft” operator. Even after it was leaked he was smashing chairs during the player debrief, calling players cksucker and calling out journos.

How dare he smile to make it look like the place ain’t on fire. Or he first try and build a relationship with the players.

What an embarrassing thread.

Last edited:
It Clarko suddenly announced his resignation, I’d ask Nathan Bassett if he’s interested in senior coaching.
Might not be, but I always wondered why he wasn’t next cab off the rank.

Again this poster clearly has no idea, just doesn’t like clarko. Probably not a member just a keyboard nutter. The game plan Clarko has installed is exactly the same as all other teams are doing. But it takes time for a young team to get right, and have the synergy and connection amongst the team. And we don’t have all the pieces just yet. I remember when Buckley took over at Collingwood and introduced a new game plan. It took over 12 months before they got it right. Have some patience, back the coach(es) and just enjoy the talent and improvements (small and large each week).
Listen here GDUB07 (whatever wtf your name is this ) ?!
My family and I are all paid member's for the past 25 years . $650 plus a year Captains club . Level 2 .

You’ll see it a few more times too so you might like to come to terms with it and accept it’s REALITY when you have a young inexperienced list with some average senior players. Not rocket science as they say….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back