Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree here. Second chance is craptacular. I was playing last night with the crappy Olympia. Every second player I came across seemed to have second chance. I pump two shots into the body and get killed while he's in second chance and I'm trying to change weapons. As much a fault of the weak shotties.

RC's are insane. Got sick of using them myself and felt cheap. Last night it seemed like every second our team or the opposition was unleashing an RC. My friend and I were actually laughing about the constant announcements. Should have been at least a 4 kill streak if not 5.

I agree with the RC's. The problem is that it's a 3 killstreak (2 with hardline). They should have either made it to be air dropped like a care package or made the killstreak as 5 or 6 instead.

I personally haven't had much problems with second chance. But I hardly use the shotgun. Most times I can tell they are not going to die straight away and put in a few bullets before they get a shot off.

^^^^^^ yeah that pisses me off so much.

Dogs are ridiculously overpowered. It's impossible to kill them an they kill you in 1 bite. They can withstand more bullets than enemies can FFS!

Atleast in WAW you could knife em or shoot em. Heck you could even kill them with pistols.

im really starting to think this is the worst of the 4 recent cods

right now id rank it as

cod4
mw2
waw
bops

i dont know why but its really making me rage at the moment - im not enjoying it at all

cant counter the lag
the hit detection is off
the spawning is just wrong - massive maps and then your all spawning in a corner
the host migration/transmission lost/disconnection issues
the invite mess
the sound

think i need a break - i cant buy a kill for some reason which isnt helping my feelings - no matter what i do i cant win a 1 on 1 (my net doesnt help) but i did start this game (and still do have) a KDR over 1 but **** me im raging right now lol

Killing dogs is easy, its only hard if the enemy has a chopper gunner at the same time

Even then it's easy. Just find an undercover area crouch in the corner and take out the dogs as they come to you. The chopper gunner will not be able to get you due to being under cover and the dogs are stupid and will just run at you. I know it may technically be camping but the intent of this is to survive an enemies killstreak reward and not to get a cheap kill of an enemy.

i dont know why but its really making me rage at the moment - im not enjoying it at all

cant counter the lag
the hit detection is off
the spawning is just wrong - massive maps and then your all spawning in a corner
the invite mess
the sound

think i need a break - i cant buy a kill for some reason which isnt helping my feelings - no matter what i do i cant win a 1 on 1 (my net doesnt help) but i did start this game (and still do have) a KDR over 1 but **** me im raging right now lol

I agree with you here. While I think the general game play, weopons and maps are better than MW2. It's the connection and all the related stuff you mention that brings this game down. I can barely play two games in a row before I "lose connection with host", get stuck while it's "finding more players" despite the lobby being full or just frezzing on the loading screen of a map. MW2 had some of these problems too, but nowhere near to this extent.

They seriously need to fix the spawning, seems to be the worst on summit for me and of course Nuketown. theres something seriously wrong if you die and spawn in front of 4 enemies while the rest of your team are over the other side of the map. That and the host migration/lost connection crap is killing the game slowly for me, took 6 attempts to get into a stable game yesterday, every attempt was either lobby closed, waiting for more players to balance teams, locking up the PS3 while loading, or id get in a game and straight away it would migrate hosts :mad:

They make so much money yet dont give us dedicated servers, greedy bastards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend to agree with those above. Connection/lag issues are really bringing the game down a notch. 1-on-1 lag is killing me and not good for the confidence haha.

Just wondering how many knife kills everyone has? I clocked up 100 yesterday, out of only 641 career kills.

Haven't had the chance to play it much lately and going to have to combine this with GT5 and the Ashes.

Had an absolute mare last night. Internet screwed me around for an hour until i reset my modem about 3 times, basically had red and yellow pings in aussie rooms.

Got it sorted and proceeded to play like an absolute ****.

And yeah who said you can't kill dogs, just make sure you get in a position where they can only come straight at you and you're fine. I'll take them coming at me over a huey or hind any day

Had an absolute mare last night. Internet screwed me around for an hour until i reset my modem about 3 times, basically had red and yellow pings in aussie rooms.

Got it sorted and proceeded to play like an absolute ****.

And yeah who said you can't kill dogs, just make sure you get in a position where they can only come straight at you and you're fine. I'll take them coming at me over a huey or hind any day

Too cool to accept my invite??? :D;)

im really starting to think this is the worst of the 4 recent cods

right now id rank it as

cod4
mw2
waw
bops

cant counter the lag
the hit detection is off
the invite mess
the sound

Firstly, COD4 is hands down the best COD game EVER!!!

I agree on everything else as well. I'm going great at this game but just not enjoying it. It needs to be fun. You've highlighted some of the things that really piss people off like connection issues but I really think it comes back to the core game elements. The Assault rifle is taking over this game and diversity is just not there.

I've always griped about the spawn system in any game but now I think quite possibly BOps is the worst yet. There seems to be only be a handful of "spawn areas" on any map and I seem to be working them out with ease. When I play Jungle even when the teams are all over the place I tend to be able to predict where enemy will spawn without it being forced.

Was already in a party mate. Besides my net was so s**t last night it was barely worth it

Fair enough.

We had a party of 5 or 6 all night running a freight train through the opposition... Probably 10 games of HQ for 10 wins, 7 by lockout, and between 19k to 33k xp per match for fast ranking up.

Too much fun.

Was already in a party mate. Besides my net was so s**t last night it was barely worth it

Yeah I think it was your net. Once I played by myself again I went back to 4bar games.

Don't think it helps that we're about as far apart in Australia as you can get with me being close to Byron (furthest point east).

Whilst PC players don't suffer the same connection issues as consoles (dedicated servers) what annoys me/us is the lack of ability to play as a clan. Currently there is no way to party up and all join the same team on a server due to the stupid team balancing they have installed so people don't exit a server as soon as they see a clan.

As a result the clan gets split between the two teams defeating the whole purpose! They are proposing to allow you to change teams before the match but they can't guarantee that the team balancing won't just change you back...

Think it'll sort itself out. Last night was the first time i've had issues since release. Just a s**t night for bandwidth, hopefully just a local issue

Joined your nuketown game before you went offline. Went well especially when I got the chopper. :) I think the only person to kill me and 6 times was this certified wise bloke. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back