Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

Crow28 bid for San Antonio and Greenbay, Demonspud bid for Nunavut and Nome City, and fumbler bid for Key West and Moncton but none of these were on the list.

If there are any errors, let me know. I did this on Word and formatting screwed up a bit when pasting it to Bigfooty.

Almost certain that both San Antonio and Green Bay were on the list originally. craegus did you edit the list at some point? And if so are my bids still acceptable?

Almost certain that both San Antonio and Green Bay were on the list originally. craegus did you edit the list at some point? And if so are my bids still acceptable?
He hasn't edited the list, I don't think. But he also said this
You may choose to try and bid for a location that is not listed but you will need to convince the bid committee that your location is better than any of those listed. Also if you choose to take this route you will need to post a backup location for your team should the first location be knocked back.

You may bid for 2 separate listed locations, however if you are bidding for a non listed location you are permitted to have a 3rd bid that is basically the same as the non listed one just with the location and bid description changed.
So your bids still stand, but feel free to add a third one (with a location listed) if you're not confident.

He hasn't edited the list, I don't think. But he also said this

So your bids still stand, but feel free to add a third one (with a location listed) if you're not confident.

I'm sure they were there. Thats why I chose them. I'm a Spurs and Packers fan so was excited to see both locations as options. Pretty sure the list was much bigger originally.

Yes they were on the original list but were cut before this thread was created. However as I said I will consider other locations, but those bidding for a non listed city may want a 3rd bid just in case.

The Good Conference
1st Bid

Team Name: New York City AFC
Nickname: TBA
Reasons your bid should be selected: Without me, there wouldn't be a CAMN. Also, I have some very good ideas that would only work with a New York team, & I'm a top class lad.
I'm a lad
2nd Bid
Team Name: Chicago
Nickname: TBA
Reasons your bid should be selected: Shrek
Updated my bids again craegis

Yes they were on the original list but were cut before this thread was created. However as I said I will consider other locations, but those bidding for a non listed city may want a 3rd bid just in case.

I'm happy to row up stream.

View attachment 105041
Opposition team's beware. The trip to the North-west won't be an easy one. Welcome to the Can-Am's new House of Pain, The Big Blue House, home of the Seattle Blues.
I take it this is your mascot?

Bear-Big-Blue-House-07.jpg

You're right, trips to Portland won't be easy. Trips to Seattle sound a bit cuddly, though.

I take it this is your mascot?

Bear-Big-Blue-House-07.jpg

You're right, trips to Portland won't be easy. Trips to Seattle sound a bit cuddly, though.
Whatever made you make those assumptions? Our mascot is much different to your fantasies. He will be revealed soon.
As for trips to Seattle being "cuddly", There's nothing cuddly about being "Sleepless in Seattle". We arguably have the world's noisiest fans according to the GWR. That will amplify the way Safeco Field is built. Then when, not if, we beat your team we'll all be singing and dancing along to Seattle's world famous Blues music. Nothing cuddly about a night in with the Blues my friend.

Edit- As a kid I used to love that show!

Whatever made you make those assumptions? Our mascot is much different to your fantasies. He will be revealed soon.
As for trips to Seattle being "cuddly", There's nothing cuddly about being "Sleepless in Seattle". We arguably have the world's noisiest fans according to the GWR. That will amplify the way Safeco Field is built. Then when, not if, we beat your team we'll all be singing and dancing along to Seattle's world famous Blues music. Nothing cuddly about a night in with the Blues my friend.

Edit- As a kid I used to love that show!
honestly, you should have thought ahead before calling it the big blue house. Bear_in_the_Big_Blue_House_logo.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bid Update

So far we have 21 people bidding. I have begun to allocate teams and divisions and this is the current look:

Eliitti - 12 bids, from this 11 have been accepted, and only 1 bid is from a second choice.

Oppilas - 8 bids, from this 7 have been accepted, and only 1 bid is from a second choice.

TBD - 1 bid (not sure yet which conference I should place them in), bid is the persons first choice.

Other information - 0 bidders have had their bids completely rejected at this stage, though 2 bidders may need to try and convince me further that their locations are worthy of being selected, if these peoples bids are rejected then I will notify them and allow them to attempt to further argue their case or re-bid.

This above information may change depending on additional bids or changes to reasons or bids, etc.

More details will be announced in due time, if you have not bid please consider doing so, and if anyone has not been tagged to see if they want to join please feel free to tag them as there are still 11 spots available.

Last edited:
Requested Conference: (Eliitti)

1st Bid
Team Name: Cincinnati
Nickname: United
Colours: Charcoal, Yellow and White (Red, White and Blue for heritage)
Reasons your bid should be selected: United comes from the city's motto Juncta Juvant, which roughly translates roughly to Strength in Unity. Cincinnati is also known as the "first fully-American city built" because its the first city built after the American Revolution ended in 1783. As such, United will wear an American themed guernsey as a city heritage jumper alongside the Home, Clash and State Rivalry jumpers (Against maggotz hopefully ;))

2nd Bid
Team Name: Oklahoma City
Nickname: Might
Colours: Navy, Powder Blue and Gold
Reasons your bid should be selected: Coming from the classic song "Route 66" where the line says "and Oklahoma City is mighty pretty", this song takes on the name and makes it more formidable.
I apologise, updated again for the reasons

Update:

3 divisions have tentatively been created, 2 in the Eliitti, and 1 in the Oppilas.

Also the Committee for Selection of Participating Teams have requested that demon_spud and fumbler need to put forward further arguments for their locations or reconsider these locations as the committee cannot currently justify placing teams in their bid locations over the predetermined locations (due to both potential travel costs for opposition teams as well as population sizes of the respective locations).

Updated my bids
Requested Conference: Eliitti

1st Bid
Team Name: Portland Australian Rules Football Club (Portland Brewers)
Nickname: Brewers
Reasons your bid should be selected: The north-west of the US is currently under represented in the competition, and as the home of the best guitar effects shop in the world, Portland deserves to be represented. Portland's home to a ridiculous amount of breweries and microbreweries, and my great trouble will be choosing which one gets the sponsorship agreement.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Chicago Football Club
Nickname: Chi Town Rats
Reasons your bid should be selected: Chicago is the third biggest city in the US, but still doesn't have a team in here. Chi Town Rats is a cool sounding name.

Old 2nd Bid (for longevity)
Team Name: Washington DC FC
Nickname: Nickel Backs
Reasons your bid should be selected: The capital needs a team. Coins carry a lot of history, and the simple term "nickel back" is a nod to the political history of the US, as represented on the currency. This Is How You Remind Me of history, by viewing Photograph on coins.

oppilas
1st Bid

Team Name: Pawtucket
Nickname: patriots
Reasons your bid should be selected: the Pawtucket Patriots will have an immediate effect on it's local area should it be picked to represent the Rhode Island area.
The Patriots will be based out of Quahog Stadium (yet to be constructed) and will be sponsored by local bar "The Drunken Clam", or more commonly referred to as "The Clam".
since 1999 The Clam has received some media attention due to popular TV series, "Family Guy being based in it's home town. Most of The Drunken Clams business is due to popular local beer, Pawtucket Patriot, thus the name of the team, Pawtucket Patriots.

Rhode Island is not on the list, just proposing it here.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Toronto
Nickname: Thunder
Reasons your bid should be selected:
craegus edidted

oppilas
1st Bid

Team Name: Providence
Nickname: Patriots

2nd Bid
Team Name: Portland
Reasons your bid should be selected:

3rd Bid
Team Name Toronto

Last edited:
i'm serious, i really want the first. the reason was a bit of a wank, but i needed something because Rhode Island's not on the list.
Then I recommend looking into the history of the area first. Look at wikipedia, read the description of their emblem, their flag, their culture. Then pick out a theme or idea and work from that. One idea is that Rhode ISland is the only remaining state to celebrate Victory Day. While you dont want to use the "holiday" as a theme, you could go along the idea of victory etc.

Then I recommend looking into the history of the area first. Look at wikipedia, read the description of their emblem, their flag, their culture. Then pick out a theme or idea and work from that. One idea is that Rhode ISland is the only remaining state to celebrate Victory Day. While you dont want to use the "holiday" as a theme, you could go along the idea of victory etc.
Sweet, i'll get on that when i get home.
i'll have a play around with the anchor and the idea of hope if it get's through, i really like the seal, especially the rope on the outer, even the gradient isn;t bad. the reason'll change later.
cheers mate

i'll still be playing up the Family Guy thing if it get's though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back