No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong lawyers;);););););)
Lets hope not. Would love to see their case get reviewed by experts for 2nd opinion prior to submission. This is not to say that current lawyers are not competent.

Thing that worries me the most is that there is a desired outcome from the general sporting public, the press, ASADA and even the AFL (according to Robbo) that the players are found guilty. I know that people on here believe the courts and judges are highly ethical, but that desired outcome carries a heavy weight.

Imagine how stupid ASADA (and AFL) will look after they spent 2 years harassing Essendon and have to say "sorry for the inconvenience guys.. we were barking up the wrong tree". One wonders where ASADA may turn their attention next if this was the outcome. Dank was at Gold Coast for 6 months.

Probably get shouted down for this but.

The join date to me is irrelevant, the thing with MG that intrigued me was when he was posting on the HTB he was advised to take it to the Ess board and then had to ask directions on how to get to here.

One would think a new poster who is an Ess supporter, would make a conscious effort to find his own clubs thread before venturing elsewhere.

Unless of course his GPS was malfunctioning.

It took me a week or two to work out how this site works and find the Essendon board. Since then I've posted outside of this board about a dozen times... It's not that surprising that MarkG took a while to find this board.

The join date to me is irrelevant, the thing with MG that intrigued me was when he was posting on the HTB he was advised to take it to the Ess board and then had to ask directions on how to get to here.

One would think a new poster who is an Ess supporter, would make a conscious effort to find his own clubs thread before venturing elsewhere.

I can't remember Mark on the HTB ! - Usually Essendon supporters stand out like a sore thumb - It's possible he could have made a fleeting visit and been asked to relocate.

Lets hope not. Would love to see their case get reviewed by experts for 2nd opinion prior to submission. This is not to say that current lawyers are not competent.

Thing that worries me the most is that there is a desired outcome from the general sporting public, the press, ASADA and even the AFL (according to Robbo) that the players are found guilty. I know that people on here believe the courts and judges are highly ethical, but that desired outcome carries a heavy weight.

Imagine how stupid ASADA (and AFL) will look after they spent 2 years harassing Essendon and have to say "sorry for the inconvenience guys.. we were barking up the wrong tree". One wonders where ASADA may turn their attention next if this was the outcome. Dank was at Gold Coast for 6 months.

I take the contrary view - Essendon players found guilty may open up a pandora's box - This will invigorate ASADA to possibly investigate other clubs - I believe its less likely, ASADA will investigate other clubs, if players are found not guilty as ASADA has spent big resources on their current case - They'd want a successful result before jumping again.

Finally, How long since Barrett worked at the HUN ?

Met some of the players on B&F (Jobe, Heppell and Goddard). We were in Mohogany at Crown and met them 1 on 1. Asked Jobe "are we clean and he said "Yes". I find it very hard to believe otherwise. I assume only possibility is that Dank administered without the players knowing and believing it was legal.

Funnily enough, Patrick told me he wasn't going anywhere...

I take the contrary view - Essendon players found guilty may open up a pandora's box - This will invigorate ASADA to possibly investigate other clubs - I believe its less likely, ASADA will investigate other clubs, if players are found not guilty as ASADA has spent big resources on their current case - They'd want a successful result before jumping again.

Finally, How long since Barrett worked at the HUN ?
Damien Barrett? He writes the occasional article and responds in the comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're reading too much into it.

Something related to his recent studies I believe. But yes, he should be here coaching the team. Those inclined to read between the lines might think there is a larger implication...
Don't think his job is in jeopardy, I just think he's the coach, we shouldn't be letting him overseas when he is supposed to be coaching as the season draws nearer and nearer.

Hell, I've definitely touched a raw nerve.

Sorry for being here fellas. I'll sign out so you can return to the status quo.

Might be best if I find another site that has EFC members.

Have fun!
Mark, you don't need to leave. People have been worn down by two years of this and can be a bit quick on the trigger finger sometimes.

Just maybe post slightly less about those pesky state of origin legal contests and you'll be sweet. :)

Hell, I've definitely touched a raw nerve.

Sorry for being here fellas. I'll sign out so you can return to the status quo.

Might be best if I find another site that has EFC members.

Have fun!
Stick around. Every ASADA investigation thread on the site is garbage.

I usually avoid posting about it.

I believe spartan vaguely knows (or knew) Ryder through living in Perth. Wasn't referring to the Crichton.

Yeah, very close ties with the family. Has made things awkward of late haha

Certain that the Purple Warrior has worked at AFL.com.au for at least two years - Unsure how he could answer reader questions in the HUN - Anyway you couldn't have Robbo and the Purple warrior in the same building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back