No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumors again on the HTB that ASADA have a confession from a player who knew TB4 was used and that many other players had TB4 too. Also claims that paper trails lead TB4 and other substances straight to the club. Interesting if true.

Sounds BS to me. The players interviews were in April 2013. If that were true that a player confessed it would have been in the ASADA report designed to make EFC look as a bad as possible

Sounds BS to me. The players interviews were in April 2013. If that were true that a player confessed it would have been in the ASADA report designed to make EFC look as a bad as possible
talk is it is a recent confession. A player has told ASADA everything in exchange for substantial assistance. Anyway, it may be BS but its a massive worry if true. It comes from someone who has been very supportive of Essendon beforehand

talk is it is a recent confession. A player has told ASADA everything in exchange for substantial assistance. Anyway, it may be BS but its a massive worry if true. It comes from someone who has been very supportive of Essendon beforehand

If so it could only be a player that had left efc & still at another club...not too many of those to choose from...

If so it could only be a player that had left efc & still at another club...not too many of those to choose from...
or retired player, although the benefit of a reduced sentence wouldnt outweigh the hate they would receive from other ex teammates. So yes, quite possibly a recently departed ruckman or forward.

This would be our worst nighmare if true. 2 years quite possibly coming because players would have known TB4 was used but withheld it from ASADA

or retired player, although the benefit of a reduced sentence wouldnt outweigh the hate they would receive from other ex teammates. So yes, quite possibly a recently departed ruckman or forward.

This would be our worst nighmare if true. 2 years quite possibly coming because players would have known TB4 was used but withheld it from ASADA

If true, i'd hazard a guess it's one of the players represented by the Peter Gordon sponsored lawyers.

How would the testimony work in AFL court.. would the AFLPA lawyers get a chance to cross examine the player?

Honestly DGAF any more. Football is pretty much ruined for me regardless.

Substantial assistance?? if the player knew what he was taking and that it was banned he deserves a 2yr ban regardless. The no fault negligence claim would not be valid if he knew the substance was banned. There is no substantial assistance to admitting you took banned substances under the WADA/ASADA code. The no fault negligence clause is intended for those who were duped etc - not those who knew full well what was going on.

Due to all of this I still say BS but who knows if the shady government agency bends rules and deals....

Substantial assistance?? if the player knew what he was taking and that it was banned he deserves a 2yr ban regardless. The no fault negligence claim would not be valid if he knew the substance was banned. There is no substantial assistance to admitting you took banned substances under the WADA/ASADA code. The no fault negligence clause is intended for those who were duped etc - not those who knew full well what was going on.

Due to all of this I still say BS but who knows if the shady government agency bends rules and deals....
isnt giving information that results in an outcome substantial assistance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it were true I'm almost certain that ASADA would have leaked it to Masters or someone from Failfax by now

I don't think ASADA would be too happy to give a sentence reduction to a player who has waited just about two years to make this "confession". Seems unlikely that a player would wait two years, and then fess up right before the entire thing ends.

"suspend a part of the period of Ineligibility imposed in an individual case where the Player or other Person has provided substantial assistance to the AFL, ASADA or another Anti-Doping Organisation which results in that organisation discovering or establishing an Anti Doping Rule Violation by another Person which results in a criminal or disciplinary body discovering or establishing a criminal offence or the breach of professional rules by another Person"

Any rumour from HTB is complete and utter BS. We would have already heard about some player doing a deal. If it was anywhere near true then a better source than HT farking B would know about it. Seriously they'll have to re-boot BF if we're found not guilty.

I'm stating how could the player receive special assistance if he admitted to knowingly taking a banned substance. Under WADA/ASADA rules that's a ban with no possibility of no fault negligence.

Unless of course they change their own rules...again...

Any rumour from HTB is complete and utter BS. We would have already heard about some player doing a deal. If it was anywhere near true then a better source than HT farking B would know about it. Seriously they'll have to re-boot BF if we're found not guilty.

Any coincidence Besanko is back following the completion of Hird appeal?

I'm stating how could the player receive special assistance if he admitted to knowingly taking a banned substance. Under WADA/ASADA rules that's a ban with no possibility of no fault negligence.

The claim is the players werent aware TB4 was banned at the time, in fact they were told the opposite. So it is possible a confessing player under these conditions could get substantial assistance and no fault negligence

That's what the special assistance clause is designed for.. an incentive for snitching. There is a minimum suspension period that must be served no matter what - "No more than three-quarters of the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility may be suspended". The real carrot is back-dating.

yeah, had a read of the thread mxett is talking about & while yes, the deliverer of the 'smoking gun' has been a balanced poster in the past, he has presented the info as fact, not speculation, so excuse me while I just take it all with a big pinch of salt.

The claim is the players werent aware TB4 was banned at the time, in fact they were told the opposite. So it is possible a confessing player under these conditions could get substantial assistance and no fault negligence

If the player knew he was taking TB4 it is still his responsibility to ensure it is not a banned substance. Eg calling ASADA. I still don't see any room to allow no fault clause.

That's what the special assistance clause is designed for.. an incentive for snitching. There is a minimum suspension period that must be served no matter what - "No more than three-quarters of the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility may be suspended". The real carrot is back-dating.

So a confessed drug cheat can theoretically serve a 6 month suspension? And then they'd look to backdate it? That would be completely unethical as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't put it past them though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back