Religion Catholic Church in Victoria linked to 40+ suicides

Remove this Banner Ad

Not it doesn't.

The Pakistan/India conflict isn't about religion at its core. It's far, far more about lines on a map.

Which is along the lines of why WW2 eventually came about.

The Pakistan/India conflict is totally religious at it's core. Muslim Pakistan only exists on religious lines and wars with India constantly over Kashmir which both claim ownership of.
If Pakistan were not manufactured by the British there would be no-one to fight over Kashmir with and the now Pakistani Muslims would be fighting in India against other religious sects.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...-teeth-pulled-out-by-nuns-with-pliers/6483562

Mr Hill told the inquiry he was first abused by a priest at age five, in a dungeon-like environment he called "the horror rooms".
"I was given a drink ... I blacked out," he said.
"When I woke up my genitals and bottom hurt ... I discovered bite marks. The priest told me to get out."

"Sometimes the nuns would punish us by pulling out a tooth with a pair of pliers or hitting one of us in the head with an engineer's hammer."

Mr Hill also described being tortured with electric shock therapy while he was tied down, with pads on his head and neck, and a catheter inserted 'so I didn't make a mess'."

It's, "Because I was stupid enough to commit myself to never having a root for my entire life, and because I've been unable to keep this commitment, it's driven me crazy. EVERY BODY must suffer, including mine and yours."

My hair shirt and self-flagellation must be shared with everyone. Some of the most rogered people on the planet. If it weren't for the sterling moral guidance they are able to provide us, one wonders what use they would be.

The clue is in the first 6 letters of the word Government...

yeah...and the next clue is the word "good". which we still haven't seen much of.

catholic church gets taxpayer money and subsidies to the tune of billions each year...time to start looking at that? The catholic church turns over $15 billion or more each year and owns land & assetts valued in excess of $100 billion...there's where you should be hitting. The only way to hurt them is via the hip pocket.

yeah...and the next clue is the word "good". which we still haven't seen much of.

catholic church gets taxpayer money and subsidies to the tune of billions each year...time to start looking at that? The catholic church turns over $15 billion or more each year and owns land & assetts valued in excess of $100 billion...there's where you should be hitting. The only way to hurt them is via the hip pocket.

That wont happen. The CC has been a survivor for 2000 years. The comments of the PM to support Pells gutless approach to this tragedy shows the depth & length of their tentacles.

The CC is all about organisational power, contol, & money. Not just here in this country. they are a multinational organisation which is totally absorbed in its own self interests.

Its a sad fact that the CC has a lot of good people in it. They have been sadly miss led by the real power brokers who run the place.

They say that if you remain silent after encountering evil, you have chosen the side of evil. Now i wonder what what some 18 year old introvert susceptible to jihadist propaganda thinks about our strict catholic prime minister, protecting monsters fully aware that their victims are killing themselves, as a direct result.

"the church has endured for thousands of years and in another 40 years or so, you people will all be dead and all this will be forgotten about and the church will endure for thousands of years more"

That's a strange thing for a man of faith to say. I thought the promise of the Catholic faith was eternal life. Be a good Catholic, live in Heaven forever. This clergyman is instead saying that dead is forever, and only the Church as a temporal institution will endure.

I guess if you want an insight into the Catholic Church being an institution that is only for itself, nothing else, it's in those words. And yet still billions of morons think it offers them something. What a con job.

The Church was used by the British to over run this country and keep the peasants slaughtering the blacks, keep them exploring, finding new land for farms, finding water and travel routes. The church were not in it for themselves, they understand their role very well. hence why they are being protected by government.

The Church was used by the British to over run this country and keep the peasants slaughtering the blacks, keep them exploring, finding new land for farms, finding water and travel routes. The church were not in it for themselves, they understand their role very well. hence why they are being protected by government.

This is historically such a moronic statement it should be used in some satirical routine.

I'm looking forward to Pell discovering the rule of law trumps the rule of lore.

All the RC I know which is quite a lot hope he is booted from the Vatican. He's never been popular among the rank and file over here. Our two family priests over the years don't like the man. My mother who is a placid woman for the most part gets very fired up about Pell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The church aside, I get the feeling he is just a ruthless man who doesn't really care who has to f*** over to get where he wants to go. In a secular world he would be a, Bonfire of the Vanities type master of the universe.
There's dozens of Pells in every one of our institutions.

It doesn't make it any less true, no matter your retorts.

It makes it historically and factually incorrect.

The RC church was at odds with this nations Governments for over 100 years or more.

"the church has endured for thousands of years and in another 40 years or so, you people will all be dead and all this will be forgotten about and the church will endure for thousands of years more"

That's a strange thing for a man of faith to say. I thought the promise of the Catholic faith was eternal life. Be a good Catholic, live in Heaven forever. This clergyman is instead saying that dead is forever, and only the Church as a temporal institution will endure.

I guess if you want an insight into the Catholic Church being an institution that is only for itself, nothing else, it's in those words. And yet still billions of morons think it offers them something. What a con job.
I am a Catholic and my three children are being Confirmed and receiving First Communion over the next month. However, I am at odds with the Catholic Church over a few things. First of all, I don't believe in the Communion of Saints by humans. I don't agree with addressing Bishops or those above his rank as 'My Lord'. There is only one God. I believe that women should be allowed to become priests and of higher rank.
Anyway, in the end all Religions will be deceived by the antichrist who will control all governments on Earth.

George pell should be tossed in jail but I do hope that should we find out that this kind of abuse is also common under our Islamic leaders that we also take action and not have the left in stone cold silence over it due to 'cultural sensitivity'.

its a symbiosis of power. and bureaucracies never surrender power, they must be overturned, there is no putting the thin end of the wedge into reverse. with metadata CCTV and surveillance we are living in the sweetspot where all we face is a surrender of liberties. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/t...licies-that-weaken-encryption-technology.html <yes, that was quite bombastic and self-important>

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back