Review Cats kennel Dogs by 28 points + win in JOEL SELWOOD'S 350th!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice spread in the AFLCA votes, Stengle a little stiff not to pick up a vote IMO.

10 - Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
4 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
4 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
3 - Ryan Gardner (WB)
2 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Ed Richards (WB)
1 - Brad Close (GEEL)

Nice spread in the AFLCA votes, Stengle a little stiff not to pick up a vote IMO.

4 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
4 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
3 - Ryan Gardner (WB)
2 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Ed Richards (WB)
1 - Brad Close (GEEL)

Some interesting choices in there. I didn't think SDK would've featured in the votes simply because he didn't really have a lot to do. I mean, he was great in the contests as we've all gotten used to but Naughton being a non-factor was more on the way the Dogs played (or didn't play in the second half).

Good to see Gardner get some votes. Hawk kicked a few but he did a pretty good job all things considered. Did a reasonable job earlier in the year as well. I've noticed Dogs fans give him crap for... well, being crap - but on the limited time I've seen him he's not the worst KPD going around.

I know these have been posted above - but when did Blicavs get traded?

Geelong vs. Melbourne

10 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
4 Sam De Koning (GEEL)
4 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 Mark Blicavs (MELB)
3 Ryan Gardner (WB)
2 Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 Ed Richards (WB)
1 Brad Close (GEEL)

Noted an interesting umpiring decision on Saturday night when the Bulldogs player was not penalised for insufficient intent as the umpire claimed the player (Hawkins?) could have kept it in.

I have checked the rules and there is is no reference to this.

Anyone know if this is a known interpretation or the umpire just making it up?

Noted an interesting umpiring decision on Saturday night when the Bulldogs player was not penalised for insufficient intent as the umpire claimed the player (Hawkins?) could have kept it in.

Don’t know but I thought the ump was correct-Tom could have tried harder to keep it in play.

I know these have been posted above - but when did Blicavs get traded?

Geelong vs. Melbourne

10 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
4 Sam De Koning (GEEL)
4 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 Mark Blicavs (MELB)
3 Ryan Gardner (WB)
2 Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 Ed Richards (WB)
1 Brad Close (GEEL)

How two Dogs players got votes in a Geelong vs Melbourne game has got me beat. :p

Can confirm umpire was making s**t up. No onus on players to keep a ball in bounds if the other team was the last in possession.

Can confirm umpire was making s**t up. No onus on players to keep a ball in bounds if the other team was the last in possession.
Yep but wasn’t the point that it wasn’t deliberate by dogs-so Tom can do as he likes but it’s not deliberate if it’s gettable?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep but wasn’t the point that it wasn’t deliberate by dogs-so Tom can do as he likes but it’s not deliberate if it’s gettable?
This whole thing is why we need the last disposal OOB rule from the SANFL. Superior rule in every way

The rule isn't "deliberate out of bounds", it's actually "insufficient attempt to keep the ball in play" - there's nothing in the rule which says that the opposition player has to try to keep the ball in play when their opponent is the one who went straight to the boundary line

The Bulldogs player didn't make any attempt to keep the ball in play, he went straight for the boundary line and the umpire gave him a BS get out of jail for free card

The rule isn't "deliberate out of bounds", it's actually "insufficient attempt to keep the ball in play" - there's nothing in the rule which says that the opposition player has to try to keep the ball in play when their opponent is the one who went straight to the boundary line

The Bulldogs player didn't make any attempt to keep the ball in play, he went straight for the boundary line and the umpire gave him a BS get out of jail for free card
If that's the ruling you could say Hawk should have been penalised.
Seems dumb.

If that's the ruling you could say Hawk should have been penalised.
Seems dumb.
Our you could say that the kick was close enough to a player of either colour jumper that it could have stayed in.

The whole rule is dumb and we should never have brought it in. SANFL last touch rule is easy to the point of being like marking where it's self-umpired by the players 90% of the time.

4 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
4 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
3 - Ryan Gardner (WB)
2 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Ed Richards (WB)
1 - Brad Close (GEEL)
Close with fewer votes than Ryan Gardner? Really?

I also thought Dunkley had a good game for the dogs but maybe it was just me noticing a few highlights?

Ah well. I thought the ump ruled reasonably in the spirit of the game. Anyway, not worth too much stressing over.

3 things I really liked about that clip:

• His pass to Gary Rohan
  • The way he evaded 2 Bulldogs players on the wing.
  • His pass at the end to Stengle.

Some interesting choices in there. I didn't think SDK would've featured in the votes simply because he didn't really have a lot to do. I mean, he was great in the contests as we've all gotten used to but Naughton being a non-factor was more on the way the Dogs played (or didn't play in the second half).

Good to see Gardner get some votes. Hawk kicked a few but he did a pretty good job all things considered. Did a reasonable job earlier in the year as well. I've noticed Dogs fans give him crap for... well, being crap - but on the limited time I've seen him he's not the worst KPD going around.
I'm a little surprised Bevo didn't give more votes to WB players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back