Review Cats kennel Dogs by 28 points + win in JOEL SELWOOD'S 350th!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed with Miers last night was his willingness to provide defensive pressure. I remember one passage in the 2nd quarter where he made 2 or 3 efforts to provide pressure on the Bulldogs players trying to run the ball out of the backline. In the past he would've given up after either the 1st or 2nd effort.

One thing I noticed with Miers last night was his willingness to provide defensive pressure. I remember one passage in the 2nd quarter where he made 2 or 3 efforts to provide pressure on the Bulldogs players trying to run the ball out of the backline. In the past he would've given up after either the 1st or 2nd effort.
That hook kick was a thing of beauty , but I agree his defensive acts was very pleasant to see last night

I’m really hoping he has found his form for the rest of the year

Can never question his endeavour but he just seemed cleaner last night. When everyone was putting on the pressure against Port he was noticeabley the most fumbly.

The Roaming vid on Parf at the end was telling. They really want him in. Who misses though?
You'd think Parf will take Sel's spot for a rest and maybe 2E in for Smith.

Going to be so tight for spots. Can only see Zuthrie (was good), MoC (Improving) and maybe Bews as the vunerable ones.

I like that he's finding his role. When he first came out, I thought "hey we might have a small forward here at last". But then Close came in, Miers got injured, then Stengle came in. Suddenly there are three capable small forwards. Miers is figuring out what he has to do. And I'll take a goal or two from him on top of the pressure each game. :thumbsu:

Ceglar is a monster but looked about as stale as week old bread. He needs more AFL games in the next three weeks so we have a replacement for Stanley if he goes down and maybe even a second ruck in the finals, I’m thinking of the Dees in particular (although I have no idea who goes out).

Miers pressure has been great for the last 5-6 weeks. Doesn't often lay a tackle, but he closes space to shut down opposition clearances. Runs both ways, huge tank.

And his quick foot and hand passes have made him a key element in our scoring chains, another 7 score involvements last night.

Id say miers/stengles/closes hands are a big component of our attacking play this year. That combined with more defensive pressure. Shades of peak Richmond about our gamestyle now.

As much as I don't mind Menegola, I think he is tradable if something useful was on offer.

The fight for spots is certainly on... Not a bad spot to be in at all.

At 31 he is more use to us than the token pick we would get in a trade (free agent next year anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably wont be clear of that until the last week though (unless bris lose today and freo lose to the dogs) which is why i expect most of our resting will be in round 23 plus a few of the older guys (esp selwood and hawk) will want to play at gc in dangers 300th. Wce is the obvious game to rest guys without risking anything as the saints and suns wont be easy.

Surely not going to do that?
Rest last game, then finals bye, finals week1 win (hopefully) then another week off.

Have guys potentially playing their second game in five weeks?
Madness!

The handpass was on. Its woeful execution brought everything undone though.
Dangerfield's handpass was the problem. It went left and bounced before it got there. Danger was great last night but his decision making and disposal can let him down. He can kick a 50m pass lace out to a leading forward or he can kick a scubber that goes straight to an oppsing player. You have to accept the good with the bad.

Miers pressure has been great for the last 5-6 weeks. Doesn't often lay a tackle, but he closes space to shut down opposition clearances. Runs both ways, huge tank.

He’s had a very good past 3 weeks. His link up/transition play has been very valuable too.

I thought Ceglar was serviceable. It's really hard to step up to AFL after playing VFL for a long period. The AFL game is so much faster and has higher pressure and his occasional fumbles were just a result of not being used to that level. The more games he gets at AFL level, the better he will be.
Couldn’t care less about the fumbles. It’s the shitty ruckwork that worries me.

Think Eddie + Stengle has been the master stroke. Kudos to Eddie and management for putting that team together. Clearly things Richmond or Adelaide did not succeed at. The organisation that is GFC, with excellence over such an extended period of time has to be acknowledged.
Contrast the haters, negative Nellie's, that question a club that continues to find anyway to defy equalisation.

Amazing club really.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Great things happen when Stengle and Close are involved in possession chains- two of the cleanest , skilled and best decision makers going around👌🏽👌🏽

Seems like maybe 1 forced change with Rohan subbed out.

Parf back in or 2E?

Seemed like no other injuries.

GO Catters
I hope we can rest a few players over the next few weeks eg Smith, Blitz, Duncan, Selwood, De Konning Dangerfield just to name a few who could be a option.. And still back in the players who come in ...

Went down to the game, was biting my nails in the first quarter, but always knew we would bounce back...

I thought Ceglar was OK. Early on his problem was the same problem Shannon Neale had in the 3rd quarter against Port: he wasn't quite clicking with the midfield, not knowing where to hit it to put it to their advantage. As the game went on he looked more at home. And anyone who wants to give that squirming grub Weightman a tooth-rattling bump is acceptable in my sight.

Ceglar is a monster but looked about as stale as week old bread. He needs more AFL games in the next three weeks so we have a replacement for Stanley if he goes down and maybe even a second ruck in the finals, I’m thinking of the Dees in particular (although I have no idea who goes out).
Agree, play Ceglar for one or two more then Bring in Stanley pre finals so he’s good to go.
Game ahead plus percentage sets us up very nicely👍

Unfortunately it’s our cup to lose….can they live with the September pressure and heat? The challengers are studying our game hard right now! Unfortunately July champions doesn’t cut it!
way over your skiis.

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back