Review Cats kennel Dogs by 28 points + win in JOEL SELWOOD'S 350th!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to see us get overconfident or cocky though. Case in point, anyone notice how Richmond have basically imploded the week after Shai Bolton's showboat showing the ball against Carlton. 3 pts to Geelong, beat WCE, lost to NM, then Suns, then drew with Freo.
I think this team has already proved they arent that.

Geez I wish we could flip around next week's St Kilda home game & the week afters Gold Coast away game.

Feel like the GC away game could be a nice time not to send a few players and give them a rest... But unless Danger is one of them, it'll be his 300th.

Maybe we don't play Danger and Hawkins in that game and have rd23 at home Dangers 300th.

Will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

Also once again we are playing a side fighting for their finals lives next week.

We basically lock in a top 2 finish with the W next week aswell... so maybe we just play our best side (not anyone sore though) and get funky with the GC game the week after if needed.

I feel like there definitely could be some manipulation to the team in r22 if we win next week.

Last edited:
While stanley is clearly number 1.

im a hell of a lot more comfortable with ceglar as the backup ruckman then blicavs (or worse Sav) going into a final.

Ceglar had a bit of steven king about him last night grabbing the ball out of the ruck regularly.

I liked that too but we didnt take advantage of it fully as there wasnt mids running past him for the handball receive.
Understandable as they havent played much together no sync. Which is why id give ceglar the next 2 weeks to build sync with the mids in case we need him at any stage in finals.
Miles ahead of sav as a backup ruck though.

Geez I wish we could flip around next week's St Kilda home game & the week afters Gold Coast away game.

Feel like the GC away game could be a nice time not to send a few players and give them a rest... But unless Danger is one of them, it'll be his 300th.

Maybe we don't play Danger and Hawkins in that game and have rd23 at home Dangers 300th.

Will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

Also once again we are playing a side fighting for their finals lives next week.

We basically lock in a top 2 finish with the W next week aswell... so maybe we just play our best side (not anyone sore though) and get funky with the GC game the week after if needed.

I feel like there definitely could be some manipulation to the team in r22 if we win next week.
I think if we are statistically clear of playing an interstate final we will see a bit of team massaging.

I think if we are statistically clear of playing an interstate final we will see a bit of team massaging.

We probably wont be clear of that until the last week though (unless bris lose today and freo lose to the dogs) which is why i expect most of our resting will be in round 23 plus a few of the older guys (esp selwood and hawk) will want to play at gc in dangers 300th. Wce is the obvious game to rest guys without risking anything as the saints and suns wont be easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan good again before injured - some huge moments. I’ll confess that I’ve been squarely in the ‘move on Garry’ camp, but acknowledge he can have a huge impact with even a small number of direct involvements.
Rohan's speed is integral. Having him and elite runners in Miers, Close and Holmes pushing into our forward line really clears it out or keeps it in rather than it just rebounding.

Rohan's bad performances are usually because the midfield is getting soundly beaten.

Can we conclude same on Dalhaus?
Who does Dahl push out? Not like he's smashing the dood down.

I think Scotty really had high hopes that Sav would come on in time and come good but his VFL form is equal to his AFL form. I think the only reason he gets mentioned now is so other teams don't forget to look at him at the end of the year.

We probably wont be clear of that until the last week though (unless bris lose today and freo lose to the dogs) which is why i expect most of our resting will be in round 23 plus a few of the older guys (esp selwood and hawk) will want to play at gc in dangers 300th. Wce is the obvious game to rest guys without risking anything as the saints and suns wont be easy.
I agree that the WCE game is clearly the easiest to rest guys in (if we want to rest guys).

But... with the pre-finals bye, that would be 2 straight weeks those rested would miss (not ideal).

Also, I really think the club wouldn't mind having Dangers 300th played in Geelong.

If we win next week, all we would need to do is beat WCE r23 to lock in top 2.

You'd think the club would want a really dress rehearsal for r23.

Anyway, it's just a watch this space for me to see what happens.

Ceglar OK but we need Stanley, who will get clearances, take more marks and kick a goal.

Rohan seems to benefit from faster ball movement. Maybe he gets a finals gig after all. I suggest Menegola and Sav are no longer required.

Stengle and Close superb.

Danger's bulldozing work around the ball turned the tide. True, he made disposal errors but

It will be hard to get a game in the back half now after that performance by young Guthrie. I assume Tuohy returns so who goes out?

The same goes for mid-field spots: If Parfitt returns, who goes out?

Just another day at the office really, first quarter forgettable (maybe the hype around the skippers 350th got to them a bit?) second quarter was about stemming the bleeding, third quarter sensational, fourth quarter a bit of cruise control.

About that bloke who wears the number fourteen jumper, bloody amazing he's reached 350 games the way he goes about his footy, never leaves anything on the field (except for a drop or two of blood on the odd occasion) and has been an inspiration from day one.

Be strange watching the Cats (probably from next year?) without him running around out there, still watching him for 355 games has been a privilege.

I suggest Menegola and Sav are no longer required.

Danger's bulldozing work around the ball turned the tide. True, he made disposal errors but

It will be hard to get a game in the back half now after that performance by young Guthrie. I assume Tuohy returns so who goes out?

The same goes for mid-field spots: If Parfitt returns, who goes out?
As much as I don't mind Menegola, I think he is tradable if something useful was on offer.

The fight for spots is certainly on... Not a bad spot to be in at all.

Maybe I'm just hormonal but I cried when Selwood ventured back onto the field to wave at everyone in the stands.

What a team. What a captain. Riding this high for as long as it lasts tbh.

Game on.
It was an amazing moment. I was so proud that most of the crowd stayed to celebrate with Joel. Geelong always does these moments well.

I thought Ceglar was serviceable. It's really hard to step up to AFL after playing VFL for a long period. The AFL game is so much faster and has higher pressure and his occasional fumbles were just a result of not being used to that level. The more games he gets at AFL level, the better he will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back