Review Cats kennel Dogs by 28 points + win in JOEL SELWOOD'S 350th!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely not going to do that?
Rest last game, then finals bye, finals week1 win (hopefully) then another week off.

Have guys potentially playing their second game in five weeks?
Madness!

We might rest one or two (especially if menegola is back next week)next week but we wont rest too many when top 2 isnt locked up yet.

Ceglar is a monster but looked about as stale as week old bread. He needs more AFL games in the next three weeks so we have a replacement for Stanley if he goes down and maybe even a second ruck in the finals, I’m thinking of the Dees in particular (although I have no idea who goes out).
For the first 20 mins ceglar looked like a guy who hadn’t played at afl level for a year.

For the rest of the game he looked like an above average backup ruckman. He will be perfectly serviceable if we need him in a final.

Surely not going to do that?
Rest last game, then finals bye, finals week1 win (hopefully) then another week off.

Have guys potentially playing their second game in five weeks?
Madness!
Yeh I agree with this, people need to stop talking about all these players getting rested... Maybe 1 or 2 over the next 2 weeks but we want a settled side and we don't want a heap with potentially 3 weeks off out of 5 into a prelim, yep they'll be fresher but touch and cohesion may be off and you can absolutely lose a prelim in the first quarter.. As we have done a few times.

Hawk also played about 97% game time so he can't have been as bad as people want to try create here.. He looked awkward lifting Joel because he's half a foot taller than the other half of his lifting partner. Smith maybe gets a break cos he's old and does a mountain of work. Potentially Hawk for the Suns purely so no plane trip but I'd expect him to play.

Fitting in who has missed is the hard bit, reckon Gola is in big strife getting back in

Also on the actual game, was a good indication of how this team is building, jumped early and poor first quarter, wrestled back into it the second, incredible 3rd then eased off the gas in the last to just get it done.

Didn't drop our heads, different players each week seem to take their turn to lift us, this week Danger wound back the clock and I thought Zuth was absolutely fantastic as well. I know Ceglar was rusty early and did try hard, but Blitz lifted us in the 3rd not Ceglar... That said, Ceglar is an upgrade on Fort as the back up so thats fine. Rhys will be back soon, Stewart will get better as he works back in..

We've still got room to improve which is really exciting.

Last edited:
I thought Ceglar showed enough for a 1st game with a new club against quality opposition.
Didn’t set the world on fire, but watching the replay, I was impressed with his ability to be a physical presence in and around the ruck contests when the ball went to ground. Would not be surprised to see him do a whole let better if he plays next week.
All in all, we at least seem to have insurance for Stanley if required come finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Ceglar showed enough for a 1st game with a new club against quality opposition.
Didn’t set the world on fire, but watching the replay, I was impressed with his ability to be a physical presence in and around the ruck contests when the ball went to ground. Would not be surprised to see him do a whole let better if he plays next week.
All in all, we at least seem to have insurance for Stanley if required come finals.

I liked the fact he showed a glimpse of mongrel too.

PS Can SOMEONE point out to the umpiring fraternity that Liberatore “throws” every 2nd ground ball release so-called “handball” he does.

Bit harsh. I'd say its more like every third handball thats a throw. So long as they don't call Hawkins for pushing in the back or Jellwood for creating high contact im staying mum though. Lot of teams have players who regularly work the grey area on whats allowed, no complaint from me. If we lost.... I may be singing a different tune though!

That hook kick was a thing of beauty , but I agree his defensive acts was very pleasant to see last night

I’m really hoping he has found his form for the rest of the year

Gotta remember he was coming back from injury this year. Not surprising his form was a bit average early. Fantastic that he's grabbed the chance to lock himself in the 22.

Can never question his endeavour but he just seemed cleaner last night. When everyone was putting on the pressure against Port he was noticeabley the most fumbly.

The Roaming vid on Parf at the end was telling. They really want him in. Who misses though?
You'd think Parf will take Sel's spot for a rest and maybe 2E in for Smith.

Going to be so tight for spots. Can only see Zuthrie (was good), MoC (Improving) and maybe Bews as the vunerable ones.
Bews won't be out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield's handpass was the problem. It went left and bounced before it got there. Danger was great last night but his decision making and disposal can let him down. He can kick a 50m pass lace out to a leading forward or he can kick a scubber that goes straight to an oppsing player. You have to accept the good with the bad.
See my earlier posts about this. Needs to take the first option and be told to do so rather than overthink or play hero. He has a great team around him and he needs to play with them not at them

I thought Ceglar was OK. Early on his problem was the same problem Shannon Neale had in the 3rd quarter against Port: he wasn't quite clicking with the midfield, not knowing where to hit it to put it to their advantage. As the game went on he looked more at home. And anyone who wants to give that squirming grub Weightman a tooth-rattling bump is acceptable in my sight.
This. Said it last night

Not that he needs any more positive comments but watching Brad Close live, he doesn’t mind jumping in the way of Hawk’s opponent either. Multiple blocks last night, such a slight fella but his footy IQ and skill level is through the roof.

I thought Ceglar was OK. Early on his problem was the same problem Shannon Neale had in the 3rd quarter against Port: he wasn't quite clicking with the midfield, not knowing where to hit it to put it to their advantage. As the game went on he looked more at home. And anyone who wants to give that squirming grub Weightman a tooth-rattling bump is acceptable in my sight.
And have then pretend it wasnt intentional, and then laugh about it after. Ceglar is so big that when the Dogs players rushed him, he wasn't even remotely intimidated.

Caleb Daniel... man, that was a tough day the office. And whoever else that poor doggies player was in the Centre bounce... he went flying lol
that one he smothered, chased, and knocked a Dog away had me thinking we had another missile like Rohan. Just loved that turn of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back