Toast Celebrating 150 years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Don't know for sure but I suspect that may have been it.

Can understand that if they decided to do it this way.
Still, would be nice to get these contracts tucked away sooner rather than later.

All I can say is what an amazing night. :thumbsu:

BEST EVER and I have been to many Carlton functions over the years, B&F's, Testimonials but this was a night to remember and one that I will cherish forever!

Too many highlights to mention but what a privilege to be in the same room with so many Carlton Legends, past & present players & Coaches.

Feeling a little seedy this morning but well worth it. :drunk:

:hearts: I LOVE YOU CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB :hearts:

So the paper that said Menz was all but signed is now saying he is still a long way off? Typical.

All I can say is what an amazing night. :thumbsu:

BEST EVER and I have been to many Carlton functions over the years, B&F's, Testimonials but this was a night to remember and one that I will cherish forever!

Too many highlights to mention but what a privilege to be in the same room with so many Carlton Legends, past & present players & Coaches.

Feeling a little seedy this morning but well worth it. :drunk:

:hearts: I LOVE YOU CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB :hearts:

And you met meeeeee :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your overall thoughts on the night, were you impressed with the job done by the CFC ?

Absolutely!

They had the right mix of highlight reels and interviews. It gave me chills to watch some of the old footage that I hadn't seen before and they did a great job of selecting the best ever marks, goals and bumps. I'll admit I got teary when they had some Eddie Betts highlights....:oops:

The atmosphere was great. I was in the social club section (so not seated at a table). For an hour before the dinner, we were able to mingle with the whole playing group. I got my photo taken with the 1970 and 1972 premiership cups :) and was able to sign the big 150 sign that will be on display at Visy.

The speeches were great, especially Big Nick's. He's such a humble man and I could listen to him for hours. The Dom was as entertaining as usual. Lots of tributes were paid to Sticks too.

Only gripe (and this is probably because I've worked in hospitality my whole life) is that at the start it took forever to track down a drink :p

Absolutely!

They had the right mix of highlight reels and interviews. It gave me chills to watch some of the old footage that I hadn't seen before and they did a great job of selecting the best ever marks, goals and bumps. I'll admit I got teary when they had some Eddie Betts highlights....:oops:

The atmosphere was great. I was in the social club section (so not seated at a table). For an hour before the dinner, we were able to mingle with the whole playing group. I got my photo taken with the 1970 and 1972 premiership cups :) and was able to sign the big 150 sign that will be on display at Visy.

The speeches were great, especially Big Nick's. He's such a humble man and I could listen to him for hours. The Dom was as entertaining as usual. Lots of tributes were paid to Sticks too.

Only gripe (and this is probably because I've worked in hospitality my whole life) is that at the start it took forever to track down a drink :p

Thanks MEB for the insight.....I hope all the players were welcoming to the attention :)

Thanks MEB for the insight.....I hope all the players were welcoming to the attention :)

The younger guys were a bit shy. Docherty was so lovely...I've met him a couple of times now and he's just a really nice guy. Daisy was hamming it up, photobombing everyone and walking up to people to have chats. There was one or two that looked like they didn't want to be there at first but that could have been shyness, I don't know...did look a bit too cool for school though. Buckley was as enthusiastic as always.

The younger guys were a bit shy. Docherty was so lovely...I've met him a couple of times now and he's just a really nice guy. Daisy was hamming it up, photobombing everyone and walking up to people to have chats. There was one or two that looked like they didn't want to be there at first but that could have been shyness, I don't know...did look a bit too cool for school though. Buckley was as enthusiastic as always.

Great to hear most of the players were keen to get among the supporters MEB - glad you had a great night.

Daisy was hilarious photobombing and what an amazing sense of humour!

Soooooo lovable!

my comments from last night was we had a fantastic table next to the premiership cups, entertainment was fantastic.
There was no one in the room more revered than big nick, his speech was fantastic, my fiancée said he makes her want to go for Carlton. (Sydney supporter)
It was also fantastic to see Fev back at the club he's coped his knock on the chin and now he can be one our celebrated ex players.

Side note, I was convinced that there was going to be some signing announcements but sadly no. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back