2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

On top of a bit of Butters magic I thought Clurey looked solid and Lord has his best quarter in the last.

Add two or three more players to this team and we should be able to get this side into the finals to support our main side.

Sorely missing dominant forwards though (until the last quarter).
Would have been a different game with Ladhams up forward with Lord.

Odd time for a break seeing he was dropped last week
we need him in melb In case a tall doesn’t come up for the game.
We would be cursing the club if lycett or Dixon pulled out and we had sent ladhams back to Adelaide and kept a midget for an emergency.

What happened to Williams
as I said in my review it was a horrible game for forwards. It looked like we were playing keepings off with our forwards being the ones we were trying to keep it off of. Lord got a bunch of his touches very high up the ground.

Really you have to ask questions about how impotent we look. I get we have a lot of top ups but there isn't even a forward threat.
I'd like to see us trade for a Casboult type or someone similar next year. Break glass in case of emergency if Dixon goes down, and in the meantime it can only help Lord's development having an actual AFL key forward down there with him to learn the ropes from.

Hayes - Awesome game. Would be selected to play in most AFL teams this weekend.

Hartlett - Ok for three qtrs, then into the middle in the last, and becomes Peak Petracca - Destroyed them!

Garner - Great solid game. Looks so confident at this level. Deserves an AFL call-up

Butters - Fantastic workout for him. Played in bursts, and was a class above.

Mead - Couple of shocking turnovers, but some solid stuff too. Welcome back.

Clurey - Solid as a rock, and reamed by the umpire for 2 of their goals

Pasini - Wow! Just wow! Flawless game from him. Get excited, we have a player here people!

Lord - Awful forward entries for 3 qrts didnt help him ... But whenever he had opportunity he shone. Definite AFL player IMO

Williams - Not sure if he played today. :oops:

I'd like to see us trade for a Casboult type or someone similar next year. Break glass in case of emergency if Dixon goes down, and in the meantime it can only help Lord's development having an actual AFL key forward down there with him to learn the ropes from.
I'd ask Tredders to come out of retirement before I traded for Levi Casboult.

We played a stupid indirect slow soft switching weaving diabolical game plan in the first three quarters and deserved to lose. We made ourselves look like the bottom side of the sanfl reserves. Centrals were just their typical scrubber-selves but should've been 5 goals ahead, even though they are shite. It was really embarrassing. We kicked 2 points in the second quarter with a strong breeze behind us because we were playing keepies off. We finally played direct football in the last quarter but were still reliant on individual brilliance to steal the win. It is appalling to watch our club, built on tough direct football, playing this shite style of game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought most of our players were individually very solid, maybe with the exception of Goldsack and Williams. Williams was probably cooked from last week and Goldsack is an old man.

This was in contrast to our boring as heck game plan which made the game unwatchable. Maybe this style of play more closely matched how we want our AFL team to play, but still it is garbage. I know we don't have dominant forwards but at least give them a chance of a quick entry instead of the slow, chippy down the line play which we pulled out for most of the game.

Physically Butters looked quick and explosive and provided he pulls up well I can't see anything holding him back from returning to the AFL next week.
Hartlett was superb and was one of the few players who played very direct.
Hayes was noticeably better than he was in previous weeks - maybe has something to do with getting the solo ruck role back and playing against a slightly weaker opponent.
Garner and Clurer were solid as a rock.
Lord had some great moments.
Woodcock racked it up but had little hurt factor.
McEntee had hurt factor but didn't get much ball at all.
Mead had hands on the ball which is good but felt his impact was very low. 0 clearances and 1 inside fifty for a game for a midfielder is pretty average - maybe they were easing him into some contact stuff this week and we will see those numbers increase as he gets more confidence in the body.

Pasini is a bit of a strange one. I felt he defended better this week but is still prone to some extreme bombscare moments that are reminiscent of the worst of Pittard. It's almost like his brain switches off every now and then and he either makes an awful skill error or insane decision. However for the most part was pretty good and good to see he has improved since last week.

Top ups were all pretty meh. I feel that they are the major culprits of making a fast play slow.

I thought most of our players were individually very solid, maybe with the exception of Goldsack and Williams. Williams was probably cooked from last week and Goldsack is an old man.

This was in contrast to our boring as fu** game plan which made the game unwatchable. Maybe this style of play more closely matched how we want our AFL team to play, but still it is garbage. I know we don't have dominant forwards but at least give them a chance of a quick entry instead of the slow, chippy down the line play which we pulled out for most of the game.

Physically Butters looked quick and explosive and provided he pulls up well I can't see anything holding him back from returning to the AFL next week.
Hartlett was superb and was one of the few players who played very direct.
Hayes was noticeably better than he was in previous weeks - maybe has something to do with getting the solo ruck role back and playing against a slightly weaker opponent.
Garner and Clurer were solid as a rock.
Lord had some great moments.
Woodcock racked it up but had little hurt factor.
McEntee had hurt factor but didn't get much ball at all.
Mead had hands on the ball which is good but felt his impact was very low. 0 clearances and 1 inside fifty for a game for a midfielder is pretty average - maybe they were easing him into some contact stuff this week and we will see those numbers increase as he gets more confidence in the body.

Pasini is a bit of a strange one. I felt he defended better this week but is still prone to some extreme bombscare moments that are reminiscent of the worst of Pittard. It's almost like his brain switches off every now and then and he either makes an awful skill error or insane decision. However for the most part was pretty good and good to see he has improved since last week.

Top ups were all pretty meh. I feel that they are the major culprits of making a fast play slow.
Yes ai thought Hammer hit his targets for the bit I saw

There's a guy that has played some NTFL footy last season and kicked 4 goals in his last AFL game that I reckon we should look at for that

There's a guy that has played some NTFL footy last season and kicked 4 goals in his last AFL game that I reckon we should look at for that
Yes I'm assuming we get Casboult with a rookie pick after we use our first rounder on Butcher, I thought that went without saying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back