2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Hammer better Hayes good Butters great.

Not a great game to watch. Did lol at the my boomerang won't come back being played at half time for indigenous round ..."will throw that thing till I am black in the face"

Enjoyed the last quarter was right near the boundary ump that had a recalled throw in and the crowd gave him heaps. I suggested he was looking nervous as the ball might go out as he ran past for the next couple of minutes and he turned round and told me to feck off...

I hope he is at Alberton next week for round two it was fun...

Dunno why I even bother going to the footy.

Coz I never see shit: I'm either people-watching or reading whatever hot takes you crazy campaigners come up with.

Did manage to see a lil' bit, tho. Zak's back, baby! He'll be playing against Melbourne on Thursday night. Dunno about Clurey. He looked a bit rusty. Dat morbidly obese chain-smoker using a banged-up rollator with a dinky wheel moved better at times.

Some of these quarters were really short. Like, the second quarter went exactly 24min. Third term wasn't much more.

Last time I saw a quarter this short at Lizbeff was Centrals v Norwood, 1996. The Legs got up by a point that day. Central fans went ballistic after the final siren. They were climbing over the tunnel cage to get at the umps. Also Norwood players.

Rowie didn't help, giving them a Churchillian salute and telling them to "get f@%ked!" as he made his way down to the changeroom. Then the late Brian, that famous die-hard Norwood fan, legit almost caused a riot by giving it to Dogs fans. Most fun I've ever had as a neutral at the footy.

Centrals should've been a few goals up at lemon-time. They missed some pretty easy goals. And didn't we make them pay.

That really set off Dogs fans. Flashback to 1996: they were all over the tunnel cage again. Pretty sure the guys jawing with Port fans in the last quarter were repeat offenders. Coz on the way out, a couple of old-timer Central fans said to me:

"Dunno why they let those three pricks in. They cause shit every week. Dickheads."

Security guarded those three pricks while the crowd dispersed and I waited for my nephew who works for Ports these days. Looked like a goddamn groupie hanging outside the changeroom. Hell, I was waiting so long, one of the old Magpies trainers shot me an accusing glare like I was your stereotypical dero renting from slumlord Zakk Wylde in Elizabeth West (gtfo with that la-di-da Davoren Park shit!)

Butters came out to speak to a couple of young fans and I might've swooned a bit, just a 'lil.

Then my nephew finally emerged and we went and had a celebratory beer in the Central clubrooms. So yeah, another good day at The Ponderosa. Lizbeff is the best oval in the league, idgaf what anyone says...

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 9.33.15 pm.png

Last edited:

How good’s grass foots footy!

L O LView attachment 1170282
My son went today and told me this was played. I cringed.
FMD!!!
We're in the 21st century and this still happens?
I must admit, did laugh at the bogan stupidity of it - then remembered we are talking about Elizabethans.

First post, bit of a lurker, realised after the Syd game I have no footy people to chat with IRL so signed up here.

Took the kiddies along to this game, thankfully the weather stayed nice. Unfortunately managed to sit right infront of a rather unappealing bunch group who spent the most of the game screaming out statements about ports financial situation, assuming they were oppo fans but they didn't seem to be doing much cheering for there own team.:rolleyes: Loved the bloke, who I am assuming works for the club - dressed way to nicely and hanging out near the cameraman, giving them a grin and calling out a 'thank you' after the game, that did get them riled up!
Did get a laugh out of a man nearby who was 'explaining' to his kid that the port fans in teal gear were "confused, they don't know if they support the magpies or the power", if I was a bolder person I may have asked how confused all the people there in crows gear were. Maybe they were so confused they found themselves at the wrong ground?

Was great to see Westhoff as the runner, poor bloke copped a lot of abuse from a crowd who had little understanding of the rules. My youngest loved seeing Butters running around, excitedly pointed him out everytime he came near.

Did cringe at that song at half time, but overall not a bad day out, reckon the last time I was there Hodges was still running around!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the lyrics have any sort of hidden meaning? I didn’t understand a thing. What kind of message they wanted to pass with it?

To me, it sounds like a silly humorous song, popular in many 90’s bands.

Gay Robocop

It's kinda manly
Ay, with M capital
Take a look at my muscles
That with love I created

My gun is made of plastic
And with a cylindrical shape
They always call me Cynical
But I don't know Why

My booty was flacid
But this issue is so mystical
Due to a Surgical
Today I’m transformed

My walk is erotic
With atomic moves
I'm a robotic lover
With the right to replay

A fantastic human being
With titanic powers
It was for a kind latino
That I’ve felt in love

And today I'm so ecstatic
With a thousand of bionic pieces
Yesterday I was Catholic
Ay, today I'm gay!

Open your mind
Gays are also people
Bahians say "Oxente"¹
And eat the Vatapá²

You can be gothic
Be punk or skinhead
There are gays who are Mohammed
But are trying to hide
Allah, my good allah

Shave your beard
Take off your moustache
The Gaúchos³ are also allowed
There’s no need to disguise

Make a plastic surgery
Then go to a gym
Cybernetic doll
A Gay robocop

A Gay robocop
A Gay robocop
Ay, I know, I know
My Gay Robocop

Ouch, that hurts!

Submitted by biel.isolet biel.isolet on Thu, 31/12/2015 - 19:01

Author's comments:
¹: Bahian = People who were born in Bahia, a Brazilian State
Oxente = A Bahian slang that means "Oh Man"
²: Vatapá = A Bahian Food
³: Gaúcho = People who were born in Rio Grande do Sul, a Brazilian State

From the 35’ mark:

Portuguese
Robocop Gay

Um tanto quanto másculo
Ai, com m maiúsculo
Vejam só os meus músculos
Que com amor cultivei

Minha pistola é de plástico
Em formato cilíndrico
Sempre me chamam de cínico
Mas o porquê eu não sei

O meu bumbum era flácido
Mas esse assunto é tão místico
Devido a um ato cirúrgico
Hoje eu me transformei

O meu andar é erótico
Com movimentos atômicos
Sou um amante robótico
Com direito a replay

Um ser humano fantástico
Com poderes titânicos
Foi um moreno simpático
Por quem me apaixonei

E hoje estou tão eufórico
Com mil pedaços biônicos
Ontem eu era católico
Ai, hoje eu sou um gay!

Abra sua mente
Gay também é gente
Baiano fala "oxente"
E come vatapá

Você pode ser gótico
Ser punk ou skinhead
Tem gay que é mohamede
Tentando camuflar
Alá, meu bom alá

Faça bem a barba
Arranque seu bigode
Gaúcho também pode
Não tem que disfarçar

Faça uma plástica
Aí entre na ginástica
Boneca cibernética
Um Robocop Gay

Um Robocop Gay
Um Robocop Gay
Ai, eu sei, eu sei
Meu Robocop Gay

Ai, como dói!

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/robocop-gay-gay-robocop.html

Last edited:
Dunno why I even bother going to the footy.

Coz I never see sh*t: I'm either people-watching or reading whatever hot takes you crazy campaigners come up with.

Did manage to see a lil' bit, tho. Zak's back, baby! He'll be playing against Melbourne on Thursday night. Dunno about Clurey. He looked a bit rusty. Dat morbidly obese chain-smoker using a banged-up rollator with a dinky wheel moved better at times.

Some of these quarters were really short. Like, the second quarter went exactly 24min. Third term wasn't much more.

Last time I saw a quarter this short at Lizbeff was Centrals v Norwood, 1996. The Legs got up by a point that day. Central fans went ballistic after the final siren. They were climbing over the tunnel cage to get at the umps. Also Norwood players.

Rowie didn't help, giving them a Churchillian salute and telling them to "get f@%ked!" as he made his way down to the changeroom. Then the late Brian, that famous die-hard Norwood fan, legit almost caused a riot by giving it to Dogs fans. Most fun I've ever had as a neutral at the footy.

Centrals should've been a few goals up at lemon-time. They missed some pretty easy goals. And didn't we make them pay.

That really set off Dogs fans. Flashback to 1996: they were all over the tunnel cage again. Pretty sure the guys jawing with Port fans in the last quarter were repeat offenders. Coz on the way out, a couple of old-timer Central fans said to me:

"Dunno why they let those three pricks in. They cause sh*t every week. Dickheads."

Security guarded those three pricks while the crowd dispersed and I waited for my nephew who works for Ports these days. Looked like a goddamn groupie hanging outside the changeroom. Hell, I was waiting so long, one of the old Magpies trainers shot me an accusing glare like I was your stereotypical dero renting from slumlord Zakk Wylde in Elizabeth West (gtfo with that la-di-da Davoren Park sh*t!)

Butters came out to speak to a couple of young fans and I might've swooned a bit, just a 'lil.

Then my nephew finally emerged and we went and had a celebratory beer in the Central clubrooms. So yeah, another good day at The Ponderosa. Lizbeff is the best oval in the league, idgaf what anyone says...

View attachment 1170232
westy looks like a zombie there

Haven't heard that boomerang song since primary school where we were made to sing it in the classroom. I thought it was a nursery rhyme song of the time. Interesting that it was produced by famous George Martin in Britain. Lyrics are odd. I never knew it was banned. Even not knowing it was banned, why choose to play a nursery rhyme song at the footy? lol

My son went today and told me this was played. I cringed.
FMD!!!
We're in the 21st century and this still happens?
I must admit, did laugh at the bogan stupidity of it - then remembered we are talking about Elizabethans.
I remember going to Elizabeth one day wearing my Power scarf and some bogan sidled up to me telling me I was at the wrong ground because a team wearing only black & white was playing today.
I gave him a look that said luckily I’m only a visitor whilst you live in this cesspool !
Another day with nothing better to do I went to the ponderosa to watch Sturt play because I wanted to see what this Troy Chaplin had to offer the Power! History showed that I let the team down badly on that day!

Last edited:
Haven't heard that boomerang song since primary school where we were made to sing it in the classroom. I thought it was a nursery rhyme song of the time. Interesting that it was produced by famous George Martin in Britain. Lyrics are odd. I never knew it was banned. Even not knowing it was banned, why choose to play a nursery rhyme song at the footy? lol
The song was sung by a bloke called Charlie Drake and it was a hit song at the time in Adelaide. Shamefully I use to know the lyrics but I guess growing up in the sixties was different than now! It was at a time when some “nonsense” songs were on the hit parade. An American by the name of Ray Stevens had a long list of them!
Charlie was a strange looking cuss if I remember
Edit. Remember this song was the English take on our indigenous people and their culture

Last edited:
How good’s grass foots footy!

L O LView attachment 1170282

First of all they pick a song from 60 years ago! I would check it there and then fair chance it's going to be racist.
Typical SANFL dinosaurs.
Kris Grant, that guy seriously needs to move on I remember Port played an AFL preseason game at that dump and he would not let us have a membership van there.
He was happy for the AFL to pay to improve his ground though.

Does the lyrics have any sort of hidden meaning? I didn’t understand a thing. What kind of message they wanted to pass with it?

To me, it sounds like a silly humorous song, popular in many 90’s bands.

Gay Robocop

It's kinda manly
Ay, with M capital
Take a look at my muscles
That with love I created

My gun is made of plastic
And with a cylindrical shape
They always call me Cynical
But I don't know Why

My booty was flacid
But this issue is so mystical
Due to a Surgical
Today I’m transformed

My walk is erotic
With atomic moves
I'm a robotic lover
With the right to replay

A fantastic human being
With titanic powers
It was for a kind latino
That I’ve felt in love

And today I'm so ecstatic
With a thousand of bionic pieces
Yesterday I was Catholic
Ay, today I'm gay!

Open your mind
Gays are also people
Bahians say "Oxente"¹
And eat the Vatapá²

You can be gothic
Be punk or skinhead
There are gays who are Mohammed
But are trying to hide
Allah, my good allah

Shave your beard
Take off your moustache
The Gaúchos³ are also allowed
There’s no need to disguise

Make a plastic surgery
Then go to a gym
Cybernetic doll
A Gay robocop

A Gay robocop
A Gay robocop
Ay, I know, I know
My Gay Robocop

Ouch, that hurts!

Submitted by biel.isolet biel.isolet on Thu, 31/12/2015 - 19:01

Author's comments:
¹: Bahian = People who were born in Bahia, a Brazilian State
Oxente = A Bahian slang that means "Oh Man"
²: Vatapá = A Bahian Food
³: Gaúcho = People who were born in Rio Grande do Sul, a Brazilian State

From the 35’ mark:

Portuguese
Robocop Gay

Um tanto quanto másculo
Ai, com m maiúsculo
Vejam só os meus músculos
Que com amor cultivei

Minha pistola é de plástico
Em formato cilíndrico
Sempre me chamam de cínico
Mas o porquê eu não sei

O meu bumbum era flácido
Mas esse assunto é tão místico
Devido a um ato cirúrgico
Hoje eu me transformei

O meu andar é erótico
Com movimentos atômicos
Sou um amante robótico
Com direito a replay

Um ser humano fantástico
Com poderes titânicos
Foi um moreno simpático
Por quem me apaixonei

E hoje estou tão eufórico
Com mil pedaços biônicos
Ontem eu era católico
Ai, hoje eu sou um gay!

Abra sua mente
Gay também é gente
Baiano fala "oxente"
E come vatapá

Você pode ser gótico
Ser punk ou skinhead
Tem gay que é mohamede
Tentando camuflar
Alá, meu bom alá

Faça bem a barba
Arranque seu bigode
Gaúcho também pode
Não tem que disfarçar

Faça uma plástica
Aí entre na ginástica
Boneca cibernética
Um Robocop Gay

Um Robocop Gay
Um Robocop Gay
Ai, eu sei, eu sei
Meu Robocop Gay

Ai, como dói!

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/robocop-gay-gay-robocop.html

I can recall that song coming out in the early 1960's and being surprised it was performed by an English comedian named Charlie Drake, who apparently had never been to Australia.

It was unfortunately of its time and with definite racist over tones, eg there is a verse that goes something along the lines of the young bloke with the problem seeking the advice of a local `witch doctor' named George Alfred Black.
I was under the impression it was banned from radio play many years ago, and like others believe that who ever chose to play it at lizbeth yesterday knew exactly what they were doing.

It was unfortunately of its time and with definite racist over tones, eg there is a verse that goes something along the lines of the young bloke with the problem seeking the advice of a local `witch doctor' named George Alfred Black.
True. There is also the "black face" line.

The doctor is wise, though. He is the one who reveals the true issue: the boomerang never came back because it had never been thrown. The fellow was afraid to actually lose it!

Kris Grant

The guy who went to the media saying he was ready to join with Port to get that second SA based AFL licence after the SANFL mysteriously said a 2 team amalgamation was their preferred option.

IIRC, Bucky referred him to the Club's amalgamation coordinator, Asif, for discussions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back