Champions League 15/16

Team Most likely to Win the UCL

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

madrid did get a charmed run, that can't even be questioned. but atletico had their chances in what was really a terrible final. pepe having more rolls than touches a particular lowlight. the worst thing for atletico was letting madrid score early (albeit offside) because then they just chucked everyone behind the ball and atletico'd atletico. juanfran's cross probably the best bit of skill all game. hopefully griezmann doesn't let this haunt him too much, i guess we'll see at the euros.

but really, for the neutral, it was a drab, terrible final. dont think real were the better side but they won. all that counts.

Whilst true. They managed to dodge Barca and Bayern who are probably the two strongest teams in the world. Then got Atletico in a one off match. Not even over two legs. Only won on pens too.

It would be one of their easiet CL wins you would think. Had Atletico gotten up, boy would they have deserved it.

I meant more generally. They've won the *in thing 11 times in 60 years. It's the hardest competition in the world, and they just get it done. Something in their makeup.

As I said, they have the resources, but so do others who struggle or aren't as successful in Europe.

on a sidenote, jermaine jenas gave fernando torres a 7. 7 is more than the amount of passes he completed in 120 minutes of football. 3 were in the centre circle. 2 were not. torres completely 5 passes in 120 mins of football. to give him a 5/10 is being bloody kind

on a sidenote, jermaine jenas gave fernando torres a 7. 7 is more than the amount of passes he completed in 120 minutes of football. 3 were in the centre circle. 2 were not. torres completely 5 passes in 120 mins of football. to give him a 5/10 is being bloody kind
Jeez that's average, even for his standards.

And just on this man... 12 goals for the whole season. 12.

Costa was non existent for half the season and still managed 16, from less appearances too.

Yet if you listened to Torres speak over the past few weeks, he'd have you believe he's been amazing for Atletico and that Chelsea treated him poorly. :rolleyes:

I meant more generally. They've won the ****in thing 11 times in 60 years. It's the hardest competition in the world, and they just get it done. Something in their makeup.

As I said, they have the resources, but so do others who struggle or aren't as successful in Europe.
They won the first 5 in a row though when things were a bit different.

Torres should never have left Liverpool. Judas has gotten what he deserved. Ive seen some LFC fans being all sad about the pictures of Torres with tears streaming down his face. For me, that's justice.
You're a beautiful person Jodly.

From a Liverpool perspective, would you have preferred not to get the 50m for him? Your club is who you should be angry at, they completely spunked the record coin for him.

Torres had already begun to go off the boil in his last season at Liverpool iirc. For a couple of seasons before that he was almost unplayable. He was useless at Chelsea

Torres should never have left Liverpool. Judas has gotten what he deserved. Ive seen some LFC fans being all sad about the pictures of Torres with tears streaming down his face. For me, that's justice.
Is it justice for the Leverkusen fans to see Emre Can miserable after the Europa final loss?

Most Liverpool fans have moved on and hold no ill-feeling toward Torres. He got a massive reception at Anfield last season for Gerrard's farewell/charity game and had his name sung for almost 45 minutes. It was a big moment. I prefer to remember the good times and what an incredible player he was for us.

He seems like a really nice person as well tbh and I'm happy that he's enjoying his football again (generally speaking).

You're a beautiful person Jodly.

From a Liverpool perspective, would you have preferred not to get the 50m for him? Your club is who you should be angry at, they completely spunked the record coin for him.
Why should I be angry at the club. They did what they thought was best with the coin we got, it obviously wasnt and didnt work out. Torres though is a Judas. He left to one of our biggest rivals and handed in a transfer request with two days left in the window. The blokes a dick and Im glad his career has gone horribly s**t since he left us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most Liverpool fans have moved on and hold no ill-feeling toward Torres. He got a massive reception at Anfield last season for Gerrard's farewell/charity game and had his name sung for almost 45 minutes. It was a big moment. I prefer to remember the good times and what an incredible player he was for us.

He seems like a really nice person as well tbh and I'm happy that he's enjoying his football again (generally speaking).
I love him really. :D

Secretly.

Why should I be angry at the club. They did what they thought was best with the coin we got, it obviously wasnt and didnt work out. Torres though is a Judas. He left to one of our biggest rivals and handed in a transfer request with two days left in the window. The blokes a dick and Im glad his career has gone horribly s**t since he left us.
The club still allowed him to leave. They could have vetoed the move. They didn't because it worked for everyone in that scenario.

Torres didn't owe Liverpool anything by then.

Well other Liverpool fans have no problem with him. You seem to be the only jealous/bitter/twisted ex.

I fear for any ex GF's you have tbh o_O;)
If im being honest, I love Fernando Torres. What a player. I absolutely adored him when he was with us which is why he broke my heart when he left. They way he left and who he went to made me absolutely hate him.

Had he gone on to score 200 goals for Chelsea and win everything I would probably still hate him. In the end it went so wrong for him, I just felt sorry for him. Plus Suarez came along and Torres was forgotten.

It was great to hear all the fans sing his song at the charity game at Anfield a while back.

There will always be a hint of Judas with him though. He lost that love and connection he had with the Kop that Gerrard, Fowler, Suarez still have. Owen lost it too for his choices and the way he left.

It's a shame.

Back