Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Not doubting your analysis as I haven't watched him this season but every season for the last 10 he has been terrible.
To me he's a player who can do alot of things pretty well but doesn't excel at anything and I also don't think he really has a suited position. Most would argue that position in behind the strikers but I don't think he's anywhere near creative enough, he's greedy with it and greatly over estimates his own ability.

If he's found it then it's one great renaissance.
He's not a superstar but he looks a level above the rest of lutons players
Has real quality in the midfield to turn and move.

Tired & injuries does not excuse back-to-back 3-0 losses.

Newcastle just feeling the effects of overachieving last season.
Their achievements were almost solely built on a ridiculously good defensive record.
Were they lucky in terms of teams missing a disproportionate amount of chances last year? Asking the question as their defensive record was elite last year. Conceding as many as they did made it almost impossible to miss Europe with even a semi-functioning attack.

Nah not a chance. Way we've been going he'd rather we score multiple goals and concede late.

The 2nd and 3rd goals today we should have scored in 2 defeats.

He said as much during the week. Playing well is getting 3 nil ahead and then control the game and if we concede from there we should still win the game
I think the frustrating thing for Tottenham fans would be the Villa and West Ham results. Despite their injuries and personnel available in those games were by far the better side and losing both has really impacted top four prospects.

Over the course of the season teams win games they don't deserve, and Tottenham fall into the category but those two home games were very similar. Tottenham created more than enough to win both games, losing to Moyes and his dinosaur tactics isn't great either.

I think the frustrating thing for Tottenham fans would be the Villa and West Ham results. Despite their injuries and personnel available in those games were by far the better side and losing both has really impacted top four prospects.

Over the course of the season teams win games they don't deserve, and Tottenham fall into the category but those two home games were very similar. Tottenham created more than enough to win both games, losing to Moyes and his dinosaur tactics isn't great either.
No but what do you do about it. It was two freakish bits of luck that got them their goals.

High line wasn't being exposed, it was just straight up bad luck and poor passing out from the back.

Ange has juggled the forward players' positions and found a good combination. Richarlison at CF, Kluchevsky at no. 10 - both excellent defensively too. Son on the left, Johnson on the right.

Newcastle were bad. Trippier at fault again. Dubravka isn't a PL quality goalie. Gordon and Almiron did nothing.

Ange has juggled the forward players' positions and found a good combination. Richarlison at CF, Kluchevsky at no. 10 - both excellent defensively too. Son on the left, Johnson on the right.

Newcastle were bad. Trippier at fault again. Dubravka isn't a PL quality goalie. Gordon and Almiron did nothing.

Gordon probably should have walked away with at least an assist, very good defending from Davies to deny Isak.

No but what do you do about it. It was two freakish bits of luck that got them their goals.

High line wasn't being exposed, it was just straight up bad luck and poor passing out from the back.
Poor passing out of the back/mistakes will happen with the way Tottenham play. It's the good with the bad scenario and risk with reward scenario. That part certainly isn't luck. Freakish goals (haven't even seen the Tottenham v West Ham highlights) is definitely bad luck but these sort of things, much like referee decisions have a tendency to even themselves out. Tottenham's biggest issue v West Ham seemed to be finishing and not putting them away in the first half/scoring a second goal.

Poor passing out of the back/mistakes will happen with the way Tottenham play. It's the good with the bad scenario and risk with reward scenario. That part certainly isn't luck. Freakish goals (haven't even seen the Tottenham v West Ham highlights) is definitely bad luck but these sort of things, much like referee decisions have a tendency to even themselves out. Tottenham's biggest issue v West Ham seemed to be finishing and not putting them away in the first half/scoring a second goal.
It was but if you go an watch the highlights then, you'll see two of the luckiest goals ever for west ham. But of course yes Ange isn't a hold on for 1-0 win bloke

It was but if you go an watch the highlights then, you'll see two of the luckiest goals ever for west ham. But of course yes Ange isn't a hold on for 1-0 win bloke

The second goal wasn't luck, it was West Ham working hard to pressure Spurs leading to an error. Nothing lucky about that. The first was fortunate in terms of the ricochet ending up at Bowen's feet.

The second goal wasn't luck, it was West Ham working hard to pressure Spurs leading to an error. Nothing lucky about that. The first was fortunate in terms of the ricochet ending up at Bowen's feet.
It was punched by Vicario, landed luckily at the feet of ward prowse, who then hits the post and gets a perfect rebound back to him again.

It's lucky.

It was punched by Vicario, landed luckily at the feet of ward prowse, who then hits the post and gets a perfect rebound back to him again.

It's lucky.

It's not luck at alll, Victario punches it because he was being closed down from a poor pass caused by West Ham pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not luck at alll, Victario punches it because he was being closed down from a poor pass caused by West Ham pressure.
Correct when you ignore the rest of what happened, it also came straight from Richarlison missing an open goal header from about 5 metres
West Ham got lucky. It happens

According to our Sporting Directors its all about building a 100 point squad and sustained success of a group growing together haha.

I guess they didnt say how many seasons it'd take to win those 100 points.
Easier to do with the 46 games of the Championship

If that's what you want to believe good luck to you. I'm happy to give credit where it's due.
I was gonna say the same to you lol
City should have pumped Tottenham, they deserved to lose to wolves aswell.

They outplayed west ham though, pure luck west ham got 3 points

The West Ham one incredibly frustrating because they parked the bus and didn't even threaten. They just scored from a wicked deflection and then a brain fade of epic proportions that we haven't seen from this group.

Villa was frustrating because Son scored 3 or 4 goals but there were marginal offsides. It's frustrating but at the same time that's Villa's game with their own high line. Was a game of margins against a side that's gone and beat city and Arsenal, and neither of those 2 sides had Emerson Royal at CB!

Is that what Everton supporters have started calling cheaters? Unlucky? :D
I meant unlucky for Newcastle who had no idea lol

I meant unlucky for Newcastle who had no idea lol

But hilarious for the rest of us.

Historically massive football club makes sports washers look stupid. Pure brilliance.

Hahaha Arsenal get rid of Emery only to get an inferior lego man. Finally they don't get favors from referees and a normal result happens for them. They have a squad of rejects but even Emery could be doing better than lego man. I can't believe Odegaard is getting a gig at a high level, absolutely rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back